bdd
Kolor Team

Topic author
Liked in: 130 posts
Info

small Debug plugin for huge tours

by bdd » Thu May 15, 2014 3:42 pm

Hello,

You'll find, as attachment, a little plugin I wrote for a user who wanted to know quickly which subdirectory corresponds to which panorama.

This plugin when used, adds in the xxx_skin.xml file, a csv list (as a comment) containing the panorama name, the panorama ID and the panorama subdirectory.

You can then export this list and use it to document your tour data, or to batch some scripts over them, etc...

I share it with you, because I think it may be interesting for advanced users of Panotour Pro.

The attached file is a zip file.

To install it, follow these instrtuctions :
1 - open Panotour Pro
2 - click on the "Edit/Open user directory" menu
3 - copy the zip file in this directory
4 - unzip it
5 - restart Panotour Pro

In Panotour Pro, a new "Debug" section will appear in the plugins library.

Gérald

>> Download here <<

gabriel

Liked in: 13 posts
Info

Re: small Debug plugin for huge tours

by gabriel » Sat May 24, 2014 2:01 am

Bonjour Gérald,
j'ai suivi la procédure à la lettre, je vois bien que le plugin est installé dans Edition>Ouvrir le dossier de l'utilisateur ( il y a deux fichiers dans le dossier DebugPanorama : plug_info.xml et template.tmpl ) , mais quand je relance PTP 2.1, il n'y a pas de plugin supplémentaire, et dans le -skin.xml, il n'y a rien de special. Ou est-ce que j'ai fait une erreur? J'utilise PTP 2.1.0 64 bits sous mac OS 10.9.3
Merci. Gabriel.

bdd
Kolor Team

Topic author
Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by bdd » Mon May 26, 2014 7:14 am

gabriel wrote:Bonjour Gérald,
j'ai suivi la procédure à la lettre, je vois bien que le plugin est installé dans Edition>Ouvrir le dossier de l'utilisateur ( il y a deux fichiers dans le dossier DebugPanorama : plug_info.xml et template.tmpl ) , mais quand je relance PTP 2.1, il n'y a pas de plugin supplémentaire, et dans le -skin.xml, il n'y a rien de special. Ou est-ce que j'ai fait une erreur? J'utilise PTP 2.1.0 64 bits sous mac OS 10.9.3
Merci. Gabriel.

Où se trouve le dossier DebugPanorama une fois que vous avez dézippé le fichier joint ?

Il devrait se trouver dans un répertoire "plugins".
Lui même sous un répertoire "Ressources".

Gérald

gabriel

Liked in: 13 posts
Info

by gabriel » Mon May 26, 2014 7:28 am

Bonjour Gérald,

Merci pour votre réponse, il n'était pas au bon endroit. Maintenant ça marche. Bonne journée. Gabriel.

no avatar
bitbyter

Liked in: 3 posts
Info

by bitbyter » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:32 pm

I know this is an old thread but I want to chime in with some advice about this plugin in case it helps someone save some time. First of all, Gérald this is a great tool which I am using for each of my tours to clean up /identify loose ends. That being said, I'd think all users should be warned that it *significantly increases* the build time for huge tours. While learning how to use PanoTour Pro I kept this plugin active and gradually got larger tours working with no noticeable effects. However my current tours have > 100+ pans and the build was taking almost an hour! I thought it was PanoTour choking but as soon as I removed Debug, I was back to very efficient builds. I realize that Debug has to iterate over all those panos repeatedly looking for lost links, etc. so I certainly don't feel that it's a flaw in the plugin just that it should be used sparingly for cleanup when required for large tours.

So thank you again Gérald for this valuable tool and I hope you don't mind that I'm going to suggest a more significant warning be placed in the Plugins page.

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

by Annis » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:37 pm

bitbyter wrote:So thank you again Gérald for this valuable tool and I hope you don't mind that I'm going to suggest a more significant warning be placed in the Plugins page.

Comment added. =)

no avatar
bitbyter

Liked in: 3 posts
Info

by bitbyter » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:01 pm

wow, less than 1 hour !! ... you're good!! :)

360-compunics-com-ni

Liked in: 163 posts
Info

by 360-compunics-com-ni » Thu May 12, 2016 6:50 pm

Just wanted to let you know that i made a modified version of this tool called "AdvancedDebugInfo" available for free at: http://dev.compunics.com.ni/

Things that can get reported:
    The number of groups and panos.
    Is project name and author info available?
    Does the project (group, pano) have a description? (The description itself can also be included into the resulting output). Which output formats were generated?
    A list of groups with all embedded panos.
    Is every pano added to an explicit group?
    Does every group have a floorplan mapfile attached?
    Is every pano linkedto at least once?
    Has every pano at least one link to another pano?

As noted above, processing of the debug info may slow down the project build, so the plugin should be activated for quality assurance only. Tested with PTP 2.3 and 2.5.3 on Linux, use at your own risk.

Have fun!
Out now: DeviceCheck for PTP plugins! https://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=37446

Want to know how clients use your tours? Google Analytics Track Events plugin: http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=34442

Add actions to your hotspots: Hotspot Actionlist plugin: http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=35829

2 people like this post.