Created a pano specific single button, and want to share  

Cliquetsy

Created a pano specific single button, and want to share

by Cliquetsy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:03 am

Hiya!

So with the growing demand for a pano-specific button (and noticed I needed it too), I took it upon myself to attempt to create it myself, since one of the cool features of ptp is being able to make/create and add your own custom plugins, and it looks like i've succeeded! =D =D I love custom content, even if I don't need it, you should see how many mods I have installed in my games (by the hundreds)!

Anyway, I based myself on the pano-specific gallery bar that had already been provided (http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/ ... allery_Bar) and attempted my own modifications on the already existing simple button plugin (that I'd copied to the user directory first).
In the end it took me what, 5 minutes, comparing the changes between the gallery bar and modified one, and applying them to the simple button. Makes me wonder what the fuss was about haha.

So anyway, I'd like to share it with this community, maybe it'll inspire someone else to customise their own plugin and share theirs too! ^^

Edit: To install it, make sure you follow the instructions in the Extra Plugins page: How to install plugins

Edit: A revision of the button has been posted, make sure you download that one instead, it is available in it's most up to date form on the Extra Plugins page. I've removed the 1rst version from this post.
Last edited by Cliquetsy on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Annis
Kolor Team

Re: Created a pano specific single button, and want to share

by Annis » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:48 am

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your plugin! I'm going to add it to the Extra Plugins page for easier access.

It will be very useful for those who were looking to use this feature, until we can provide our own directly in Panotour Pro.

Annis

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:09 am

Cliquetsy wrote:Hiya!

So with the growing demand for a pano-specific button (and noticed I needed it too), I took it upon myself to attempt to create it myself, since one of the cool features of ptp is being able to make/create and add your own custom plugins, and it looks like i've succeeded! ...................

So anyway, I'd like to share it with this community, maybe it'll inspire someone else to customise their own plugin and share theirs too! ^^

I copied the folder buttonForASinglePano to the user plugins folder but I don't see the plugin listed in the Plugins library.

Which category/section should it appear in?

Cliquetsy

by Cliquetsy » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:18 am

mediavets wrote:I copied the folder buttonForASinglePano to the user plugins folder but I don't see the plugin listed in the Plugins library.

Which category/section should it appear in?

Heya!

You should be able to find it in the same category as the Simple Button.
Did you relaunch Panotour Pro after adding it to your user directory?
Attachments
contol buttons.png

Cliquetsy

by Cliquetsy » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:19 am

Annis wrote:Hello,

Thank you for sharing your plugin! I'm going to add it to the Extra Plugins page for easier access.

It will be very useful for those who were looking to use this feature, until we can provide our own directly in Panotour Pro.

Annis

Hi!

Awesome, thanks! I hope it will be useful to someone ^-^

Destiny

by Destiny » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:48 am

Awesome... Well done.. Works!

Destiny...

Cliquetsy

by Cliquetsy » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:27 pm

Destiny wrote:Awesome... Well done.. Works!

Destiny...

Glad you like it ^-^

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:45 pm

Cliquetsy wrote:

Destiny...

Glad you like it ^-^

If, say, I wanted the same button on panos 2, 5 and 8, but not other the other pans in a tour do I need to create an instance of the plugin for each pano or can I enter multiple pano IDs in one instance of the plugin?

Cliquetsy

by Cliquetsy » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:01 pm

mediavets wrote:
Cliquetsy wrote:

Destiny...

Glad you like it ^-^

If, say, I wanted the same button on panos 2, 5 and 8, but not other the other pans in a tour do I need to create an instance of the plugin for each pano or can I enter multiple pano IDs in one instance of the plugin?

Then you would have to add an instance for each I guess, for now, I wouldn't know where to start on making it available for several panos but not all, I don't have anything to copy from!

Destiny

by Destiny » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:18 am

A while back I used the ID code Gerald provided for the pano specific Gallery to do this.. But only one pano would work.. The tmpl code gives no indication on how to adapt the code.. Therefore it has to be done via the plug_info.xml code..

Multiple options perhaps need the + option since there is no way to know how many panos a user has in their Tour, so this feature needs the + to make it truly adaptable... Adding code as I have done here is not the way to go.. Either that, I have been testing code string options to add more than one pano ID.. i.e... pano1&pano3 which would a useful option but I do not know how to write this.. Not sure even if its possible.. Besides.. you will need to add an Action to each button too so not much point.. Therefore, for each pano Specific button, it would be better just to add the option Cliquetsy provided to each pano individually... I guess Kolor will come up with some other options but to be honest they have been really slow in this.. Also, to be honest, this situation should never have been an issue with an all new PTP version... It has always seemed to me as a big oversight.. The Oops! factor...

I have always said that the true power of PTP, including 1.8, is having the option to add custom features. PTP V2 has advanced in this in so many ways..

Destiny..
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg

Cliquetsy

by Cliquetsy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:23 pm

Little update.

I've found how to set up one same button on several panos! :D :D :D

After fiddling about with different plugins, I found the answer in the Gallery plugin by copying (and slightly modifying) the way it handles several images and replacing that with panoIDs.

singlebutton_severalpano.png
singlebutton_severalpano.png (5.13 KiB) Viewed 1212 times

---To install, replace the files in your user directory with the new ones in my new .zip. And don't forget to restard Panotour when installing.---

Kolor Edit: To download the plugin, go to this page.

Destiny

by Destiny » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:27 pm

Haven't tried it yet but how did overcome the adding multiple Actions.. As you can see above, I have multiple button IDs.. but the multiple Actions would not work..

I began with Logo when Gerald provided the Gallery ID option a few months ago.. I never tried it with the Button since I couldn't get it to work with the Logo..

I will test out your new option today..

Destiny..

Annis
Kolor Team

by Annis » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:56 am

Cliquetsy wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for the update, I've updated the .zip folder in the Extra Plugins page.

Annis

Destiny

by Destiny » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:47 am

Hi.. Great effort but.. yours is doing what mine was doing.. If I add a Website Box to one ID, and a Video Box to other ID, they do not close.. It also causes it to crash, well not so much a crash, its locks up..

I can see you have a single button for each set.. I was actually trying to add different buttons but thats not really an option.. Each new button requires a new plugin.. Which makes more sense as you have done..

The other option you provided works well but.. this new one it seems might have issues.. The Overlay seems to open but its not been selected.. I think thats what the issue is so it might be an easy fix....

Destiny..

Destiny

by Destiny » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:10 am

Hey.. Well, I found as long as I do not add a Video Box with a Website Box.. I don't get the full overlay avoiding lockup.. But.. Same as my attempt with adding more than one Plugin via ID, ONLY the last one will be active.. Meaning, if I add a Website Box to the first ID, name it One, then add a Second Website Box, name that Two, ONLY Two will show in both IDs or buttons.. I can add as many as I like but ONLY the last ID will be active.. I spent days in trying to work it out a few months ago... I am on holiday so I have more time to play with it.. I will stick with the Button option since trying this with the Logo has even more issues..

Destiny....

Cliquetsy

by Cliquetsy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:33 am

Well, it won't be perfect, I've never done anything like this before so I'm sure it has plenty of room for improvement.

However, I'm not so sure what the problem you're encountering is.

Are you launching your webboxes and webvideo boxes with a button or did you try to adapt the code to the website and video boxes?

Do you have several buttons with different actions on the same pano?
I'm a bit confused ^^

I created a tour with 5 panos to test.
1 web video box to show on two panos through the same button
3 website boxes with different content on the other panos, one which will appear on the same pano as a video box and that works fine for me..

Overlay shows up as it should..
in total I have 5 buttons per different action or content, they all work fine

Are your webboxes and webvideo boxes activated by the same button?

Destiny

by Destiny » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:56 am

Well, for first attempt you did very well.. Better than Kolor in fact since they have done nothing to improve this since the first Alpha and Beta testing... If you are not having the same issues as me, it might be a Mac issue..

A few months ago, I did similar to as you have achieved, but gave up since ONLY the last ID action with the plugin worked..

I like the way you have added the +/-, I did not do that.. Yours is much neater than mine but.. as far as I can see, the issue I was getting is the same as with your plugin.. As I said, only the last ID/plugin will display..

Are you able to provide a URL to yours working.. That way we can narrow down the issue...

Destiny...

Cliquetsy

by Cliquetsy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:25 pm

Destiny wrote:Well, for first attempt you did very well.. Better than Kolor in fact since they have done nothing to improve this since the first Alpha and Beta testing... If you are not having the same issues as me, it might be a Mac issue..

A few months ago, I did similar to as you have achieved, but gave up since ONLY the last ID action with the plugin worked..

I like the way you have added the +/-, I did not do that.. Yours is much neater than mine but.. as far as I can see, the issue I was getting is the same as with your plugin.. As I said, only the last ID/plugin will display..

Are you able to provide a URL to yours working.. That way we can narrow down the issue...

Destiny...

Sorry it took a while! I hit a huge snag, since I don't have a server and I upload on Google Drive it wasn't letting me use my random "non secured" URLs, so I've switched the boxes to opening local html files instead.

Just, before you look, don't pay attention to the icons used or content of the html files, it was done rather quickly with random files on my computer : D You'll find the buttons in random corners of the panos.

Here's the link: https://f1843b51607f2ce0b93331ea3c0209a ... index.html

Destiny

by Destiny » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:31 pm

Hi...

You seem to be using the fist original version in this test, since the buttons are different in each pano.. That for me works too.. Its the second multiple option that has the issue.. That would use the same button for multiple plugins.. When I use that one, only the last ID works.. This was the issue I kept having a few months ago... I was unable to get multiple IDs to accept the different plugins.... I will play around with it again.. I love the fact you managed to get the +/- buttons in the multiple option displaying.. I did not even think of doing that..

Destiny..

Cliquetsy wrote:
Destiny wrote:Well, for first attempt you did very well.. Better than Kolor in fact since they have done nothing to improve this since the first Alpha and Beta testing... If you are not having the same issues as me, it might be a Mac issue..

Destiny...

Sorry it took a while! I hit a huge snag, since I don't have a server and I upload on Google Drive it wasn't letting me use my random "non secured" URLs, so I've switched the boxes to opening local html files instead.

Just, before you look, don't pay attention to the icons used or content of the html files, it was done rather quickly with random files on my computer : D You'll find the buttons in random corners of the panos.

Here's the link: https://f1843b51607f2ce0b93331ea3c0209a ... index.html

Destiny

by Destiny » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:23 pm

Hey.. I still have issues with the multiple option but I think I know why... To me there is no clear instructions to each ID and Plugin.. I might be able to fix that.. I have a million old test to check out..

However, your original option works without issue.... =D

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/PTPV ... ttons.html

Destiny...

Cliquetsy

by Cliquetsy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:59 am

This is how i've organised my tour (which i've cleaned up a bit, if you check out the link again, so that you can see it better):

test-tour_simple-buttons.png

One website box
One web video box
4 different website buttons available on different panos (see screenshots they have the pano id)
Each website button links to a different "site".
I've named each pano with it's panoID.

The website box opens a bit big on the page (under the pano menu), I forgot to configure it but that's not a problem.

So then are you activating the website box and webvideo box from the same button? Wouldn't that make things a bit cluttered?
I haven't tried several actions with the several IDs, I'll try that.

Cliquetsy

by Cliquetsy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:14 am

Ok I've just tried adding a new button, with actions of opening a webbox and a videobox, on 3 different panos, still no problem...
test-tour_simple-buttons2.png
test-tour_simple-buttons2.png (2.44 KiB) Viewed 1136 times

Updating the tour now.

Edit: Updated the tour, here is the link (URL hasn't changed though, been saving over it with the new "graphics")

Destiny

by Destiny » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:20 am

Might be a Mac issue.. I have been sooo busy at work with not much time to test, but I am on Term break at the moment to I am catching up with all the coding I have half done.. I just love the way PTP is able to be edited and the GUI aded to... Heaps and heaps better than PTP 1.8.... To have the option to make our own plugins without having to add the code each and every time the Tour is build is a big plus... I will do more testing my end.. If its working for you then it should work for on my Mac..

Destiny..

eqko

by eqko » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:57 am

I just wanted to say that your plugin is a lifesaver for the tour I'm working on.
I'm using singlebutton as a toggle for light in a pano (switching between two panos)

Thank you very much :)

Cliquetsy

by Cliquetsy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:12 pm

eqko wrote:I just wanted to say that your plugin is a lifesaver for the tour I'm working on.
I'm using singlebutton as a toggle for light in a pano (switching between two panos)

Thank you very much :)

Awesome! Make sure you downloaded the latest version (since there was a revision), which you can download from this post: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=23666#p148913
The most up to date version is also available in Kolor's documentation, on the Extra Plugins page.

Next

Return to Panotour Resources