Alexpopov

Topic author
Liked in: 27 posts
Info

Re: Sidebar plugin

by Alexpopov » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:14 pm

Can you give me advice...

Hi,
if you try the direct link to the tour in IE 11, it's OK, no errors - http://360photoplus.com/wp-content/vt/G ... index.html
Seems some code of your iframe integration conflicting with the tour code. Try another way of ebedding the tour.
Here is a working example of a tour with Sidebar embed with iframe - http://www.aquabello.be/

JackAce88

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by JackAce88 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:36 pm

Hey alex,

i want to buy your plugin, i have about 3-4 tours where i want to pit it in. would i have to pay 29€ for every tour, or only 29€ for the plugin itself (to implement in panotour).

Greets

no avatar
Alexpopov

Topic author
Info

by Alexpopov » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:15 pm

...would i have to pay 29€ for every tour, or only 29€ for the plugin itself

Hi,
you buy the plugin once and use it for all your tours. Also you will have access to free updates of this plugin.

Thanks!

JackAce88 likes this post.

ccc23444

Liked in: 6 posts
Info

Re: Sidebar plugin - replace thumbnails

by ccc23444 » Mon May 01, 2017 5:36 pm

Hi all

In the sidebar plugin I can replace the auto-reated with my own. Documentation says this:

Note about thumbnails in container: Thumbnails are created automatically from your panoramas. These appear cropped a little to exclude the bottom, which is not always retouched. You can set your own thumbnails. Prepare your images with the following sizes: 240x150px for groups; and 280x150 for panoramas without groups. To change the default thumbnails, go to your panorama settings in the TOUR tab in Panotour Pro. You can see the thumbnail on the left of the panorama name; click on it to select your thumbnail file.

I cannot find oout how. Would someone please post a screenshot?

Cheers
Jesper

no avatar
Alexpopov

Topic author
Info

by Alexpopov » Mon May 01, 2017 8:32 pm

Would someone please post a screenshot

Hi,
here is a screenshot
2017-02-01_20-46-04.png
Change thumbnail

ccc23444

Info

by ccc23444 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:35 pm

Hey - just what I needed. Thankyou!

Cheers
Jesper

no avatar
danidorko

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by danidorko » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:31 am

Hi Alex,

I would like to know if it's possible to start a project with a background image that is not a 360 panorama? Like a standard picture of a building in the main window with all 360 panoramas listed in the sidebar?

Thank you!

Daniel

no avatar
Alexpopov

Topic author
Info

by Alexpopov » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:07 pm

You could use plugin - Picture of size 100%x100%
2017-06-01_17-02-19.png

But the first pano can appear for a moment , before the image will be loaded.

no avatar
sammig

Info

by sammig » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:45 am

I am having some problems with sidebar - can anyone advise please?
I have a combination of 360 video and static panos in my tours, and am also using garrows.
All works fine on garrows with the default or selected view appearing as I move through the tour, however when using sidebar it seems to ignore the default view for each pano or 360 video, so using the menu ends up with views of walls instead of where I want the focus to be. Is there a setting for it to use the default view set on each video or pano? I might be missing it but I cannot see this option?
Thanks in advance.
(Sorry I cannot send an example at present as it is awaiting client approval before being public)
Samantha Mignano, MCIM, MSc
Beyond Metrix Ltd

no avatar
sammig

Info

by sammig » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:49 am

I am having some problems with sidebar - can anyone advise please?
I have a combination of 360 video and static panos in my tours, and am also using garrows.
All works fine on garrows with the default or selected view appearing as I move through the tour, however when using sidebar it seems to ignore the default view for each pano or 360 video, so using the menu ends up with views of walls instead of where I want the focus to be. Is there a setting for it to use the default view set on each video or pano? I might be missing it but I cannot see this option?
Thanks in advance.
(Sorry I cannot send an example at present as it is awaiting client approval before being public)
Samantha Mignano, MCIM, MSc
Beyond Metrix Ltd

no avatar
Alexpopov

Topic author
Info

by Alexpopov » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:34 pm

I am having some problems...

Hi, I just made tests and it works for me, video and image pano starts with default center view or with custom view, if set... Please check that you are using the latest versions of Panotour (2.5.7) and Sidebar (1.0.6).
For more details, if problem is still exist, I need to see the project, the tour, settings and which plugins are in the project.

no avatar
sammig

Info

by sammig » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:04 pm

I think I have found the issue with the not using the default view -
if you are in a pano and you change the pitch/Yaw/FOV whilst viewing
it, when you click on another menu item it retains those settings from
the previous pano instead of forcing a reset to the default view of
the next pano.
I am using the following plugins in my tour: Circles control bar, social share, Sidebar, Context Menu and Garrows.
My tour includes 360 video and static 360 panos
Disabling plugins does not fix the issue.

no avatar
sammig

Info

by sammig » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:02 pm

It looks like it is actually the "keep view" option in gArrows that is causing the issue as unchecking this option makes the links in sidebar load the correct view. I guess I shall have to have the tour work without the "keep view" option.
Hope that helps someone anyway - there's 18hrs of my life I won't get back :(
Sam

no avatar
Alexpopov

Topic author
Info

by Alexpopov » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:03 pm

Thanks for this information!
I hope somebody having the same problem will see this before spending so much time looking for solution.

ccc23444

Info

Re: Sidebar plugin - menu and iframe

by ccc23444 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:43 pm

Hi all

My customer uses the panos in an iframe - it look like this: http://scharfe.dk/baggrund/schaerfes-hus/.
The menu in an iframe is very large. Can I do something aboyt that?
If customer makes a doubleclick it looks just fine.

I know I can start with the sidebar closed, but opening of it probably will not be found by user (the hamburger menu i left lower corner).
Is it possibe to resize the sidebar to percetage instead of pixelwith?
Or do you have other solutions?

Best
Jesper

no avatar
Alexpopov

Topic author
Info

by Alexpopov » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:15 pm

Is it possibe to resize the sidebar to percetage...

Hi,
for some reasons the width in percents not possible in sidebar. It's has separate settings for small screens of mobiles, but small iframes wasn't taken into account. Try to redesign it with lower width, or use more visible custom icon to open sidebar and start with closed, or make iframe wider if possible. I'll add this case to my list for future updates.

ccc23444

Info

by ccc23444 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:45 pm

Hi Alex

Thanks for the reply.
Love your work!

Alexpopov likes this post.

JackAce88

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by JackAce88 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:46 pm

Hey Alexander or anyone else,

i only have one problem: The order of Groups and Pictures (ungrouped) is wrong. Can i fix it anyway?

See Attachment

Greets, Jack
Attachments
2.jpg
1.jpg

no avatar
Alexpopov

Topic author
Info

by Alexpopov » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:26 pm

The order of Groups and Pictures (ungrouped) is wrong...

Sidebar places groups first respecting the order and then places single panoramas. Currently not possible to change this. But there is an option for hierarchical type - custom menu organizing. Where you can set all menu in any order. You can create items there, set name, add them thumbnail and set action to open panorama - this will be a single pano item, if you assign several panoramas to it - this will be as a group item. Multilevel items is possible there as well.

Peter987

Liked in: 5 posts
Info

by Peter987 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:48 pm

Hi Alex,

Great plugin you have developed!

I discovered a bug (tested on Chrome and Safari on macOS and iOS) : links in a pano or project description won't be clickable when they are displayed in a sidebar block. I managed to partly fix this for desktop by adding this css code to my project:
Code: Select all
.sb-proj-description a {pointer-events: auto!important;}

... but unfortunately this won't fix the links on iOS (tested on iPad and iPhone)

Another bug:
  • You can only select one action for buttons or toggle buttons, while the UI shows an option to add/remove more actions

Features that I'm really missing:
  • Indicator option for hierarchical menus, so a user can see in the menu what pano is currently active
  • Optional autoupdate for hierarchical menus on autotour or when following hotspots, so that the correct (sub)menu is being displayed reflecting the current active pano

And some other minor feature requests:
  1. Tooltip option for logos
  2. Toggle option for logos
  3. Hover option for logos
  4. Desktop/tablet/mobile options for logos (or better for all blocks)
  5. A better layout control for the button block is needed. I get mixed results on how the buttons display: sometimes 4 buttons will be displayed on two rows, while there is enough room for 1 row.
Little Planet - We turn your world 360˚ around!

Follow our 360˚ adventures on:
facebook.com/littleplanet.be
instagram.com/littleplanet.be
www.littleplanet.be

no avatar
Alexpopov

Topic author
Info

by Alexpopov » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:36 am

Hi,
...links in a pano or project description won't be clickable when they are displayed in a sidebar block
I wouldn't say that this is a bug, it was not planned to support links, I'll add this to my list for future updates.

You can only select one action for buttons...
This is a limitation of Panotour , unfortunately.

Indicator option for hierarchical menus... and ..autoupdate for hierarchical menus on autotour
Indicator option really in the top of my list for updates, but the autoapdate not posible with hierarchical menu , unfortunately

layout control for the button block
Layout control is simple, first 5 buttons appears on the first row and another 5 below. So if you want , for example, two buttons upper and two buttons below them - select buttons 1,2 and 6,7

Thanks for other things for improvements, it helps.

Peter987

Liked in: 5 posts
Info

by Peter987 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:45 am

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I wasn't aware that buttons 1-5 are for the first row, and 6-10 for a second row. Thanks for the clarification.

Personally I think it would be better to automatically split icons on multiple rows, depending on their specified size. For example: if the block width is specified at 150px wide, and a button is 50px wide, then button 4 will go on row 2, and button 7 on row 3 (let's not take margins/paddings into consideration yet).

The problem I have with this row setup is that for example we hide button 1 on desktop (for example Gyro function), and specify button 2 as a fullscreen button (only to show on Desktop). Now I only can have 4 buttons on the first row instead of 5. It gets more complicated when you have a mixture of buttons with different desktop/tablet/mobile display option.

To me the link support issue is a bug. A pano or project description allows you to specify links, and your code somehow interferes with that functionality. I will send you a PM with a link to a project so you can see clearly see the issue, with my current desktop solution.
Little Planet - We turn your world 360˚ around!

Follow our 360˚ adventures on:
facebook.com/littleplanet.be
instagram.com/littleplanet.be
www.littleplanet.be

Previous