My first "legal" Autopano Pro stitch  

Share what you've done with Autopano Pro.
Montrez nous vos oeuvres !
no avatar
MJSfoto1956

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

My first "legal" Autopano Pro stitch

by MJSfoto1956 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:56 pm

I have made a project for myself this summer -- capturing the "nooks and crannies" of my neighborhood at night.

This image is of our GAR Hall -- which hosts the North River Arts Society of which I am a member. Over the next few years we plan on restoring the old girl.

This image was captured with a Nikon D200 at ISO 100 using a homemade panorama head. The photo is a composite of 9 overlapping images, each exposed for 40 seconds. Lens used was the now-classic Nikkor 50mm f/1.2, shot wide open for a nice, dreamy look.

Print size is 24"x48"

STITCHING NOTES: the upper left corner wouldn't stitch no matter what I did. Super pain as the only points were star trails that had moved from image to image (40 second exposures each at f/1.2). I finally got it to "work" somehow, but I cannot explain how I did. Subsequent attempts to stitch the same images always fails to get the upper left image! Thankfully, I saved the project that did (mysteriously) work but I am concerned going forward that APP2 is going to be much more work than I had thought.

no avatar
wjh31

Info

by wjh31 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:45 pm

what do you mean "legal"?

also the stars look a little out of focus which is a shame, the rest is nice.

no avatar
MJSfoto1956

Topic author
Info

by MJSfoto1956 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:54 pm

I just purchased APP last night. Prior to this, I was only doing test stitches with APP. Hence the somewhat exaggerated term "legal".n

As for the "bokeh" -- it is my desire for this night series to have only one object in focus. As such, only the face of the building is in focus with everything else nice and "soft" -- just what I want. Looks great in a large print!!

Michael
Last edited by MJSfoto1956 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.