Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:37 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:41 am 

Horseshoe Bend
near Page, Arizona. USA.

Hmmm... suprised I haven't posted this here yet! This was the one... the one that only AutoPano could figure out :D When APP stitched this together I bought it... end of story.

This scene cannot be captured w/ conventional camera systems... this is the equivalant of about a 5mm lens in 35mm terms, and even less in digital terms. I shot it w/o a pano head, but tons of overlap. No other program I tried could hack this one out... but APP did, and wonderfully :)

From what I recall, this is about 18 - 20 source images. Honestly I have to run it all over again... I have all of the source files, but one of my drives went down and it had the output files. No sweat, all of the good stuff is backed up.

PS Yes, it is a very long way down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:26 am 

now I get it.. I feel so dumb for asking how to pronounce it -- ckiely -- C for your first name and then of course your last name.

Everytime I see one of your posts my head rings out how I think it should be pronounced and all I got was some Australian accent saying .. Cheelee mate!

Anyway -- thats not why I posted....

your mention of that this picture is the equivalent of a 5mm lens in 35 mm terms made me realise why I felt my last pano project made everything so small (overall) even though I shot it at 200mm.

I guess thats one of the things that we all gravitate towards. We are creating something that no camera normally can create or at least one that is able to be bought without winning several lotteries.

you keep inspiring me with every post... THANKS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:32 am 

yup, you hit the nail on the head... first initial, last name... original username, huh?

Look at the FOV specs in the project... there's a FOV/lens calc here: http://www.tawbaware.com/maxlyons/calc.htm

PS forget about cameras... your eyes cannot see this!

Last edited by ckiely on Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:34 am 

@ 200mm I hope your subjects are far away. You'll fight horrific depth of field challenges with near/far elements at that focal length. In that respect, digital mosaics have the same limitations as medium format film cameras. You can only stop down so far... and even then, the DOF is limited at longer focal lenghts.