The Lighthouse - Shot Sunday March 5, 2006  

Share what you've done with Autopano Pro.
Montrez nous vos oeuvres !
no avatar
capacious

The Lighthouse - Shot Sunday March 5, 2006

by capacious » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:56 am

I needed some new material to continue my testing of v1.2B

so far I havent had the program crash on me even once and I discovered that you can do two renders at the same time if you so choose.
I must say I am quite happy at how the application is structured, allowing for a very versatile workflow.

3x5 matrix, Standard color correction enabled in APP

~~~~~~~
capacious
~~~~~~~

no avatar
bilzmale

by bilzmale » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:28 pm

I like this - the sharpness of the mid-ground sits out from the softer clouds to give a good feeling of depth.

PS I have run 3 renders at once without crashing - a big time saver if you can set them ALL running and just come back once and they are all finished ;)

no avatar
capacious

by capacious » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:59 am

I actually forgot to mention -

This Project was an experiment to see what would happen if I let the camera decide the shutter speed with a constant aperture so each frame was properly exposed regardless of light intensity. Normally I lock both the shutter speed and aperature and find the best overall settings based on the average of all the light.

I did need to envoke a color correction within APP to make it all look good, but otherwise it seems to be something that works.
~~~~~~~
capacious
~~~~~~~

no avatar
ckiely

by ckiely » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:42 am

Yup... but don't learn the hard way (like me) that you can't shoot RAW and convert to TIF w/ different parameters. As you've found out, better to do it in camera, I think... for now :D

Return to Panorama gallery / Galerie de panoramas