autopano website - gallery  

Share what you've done with Autopano Pro.
Montrez nous vos oeuvres !
AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Topic author
Liked in: 10 posts
Info

autopano website - gallery

by AlexandreJ » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:50 pm

Hi everybody,

I'm posting a message here to everyone. What about having your pictures in our main gallery ?

We're preparing a new website and I'm wondering if some of you are interested into sharing some of your panorama with us to display them there.
As always, we'll keep legal mention of the author and we can put a link to your site if you have one.

Size should be around 800 x (200 up to 400), no framing please ( we'll add that later ). To get details or upload some pictures to me, just use my email ( it's simple for small size ). Don't forget to share some details of the picture ( the title, how many photos, how many megapixels ).

Thanks to everyone.

Tony H

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by Tony H » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:39 pm

Do you include QTVR?

Il y aurait éventuellement des QTVR? Fait avec APP bien sûr..:)
The best is in you, so the best is in me... Believe in me, I will believe in you.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Topic author
Info

by AlexandreJ » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:43 pm

Yes, why not ! But not directly in the page, you'll have to click on a preview to get a popup with the qtvr.

[bo]

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by [bo] » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:53 pm

It probably will be better for you to go and find images that, in your opinion, show the power of APP. The Flickr groups may be a nice place to start, as there some great images in there, whose authors do not post here. Also it may be nice to have some technical data with each image, like # of shots, time to prepare the pano, etc... so potential customers can see it takes 3 minutes of preparation to stitch 6 handheld shots into a gorgeous panorama.

ps: I can even see this as a competition of a sort :) Post panos, users vote, APP team chooses the winner, winner gets an "image of the month" award and a month in the gallery's main page.
Some of my panoramas, posted in the Autopano Pro flickr group.

Tony H

Info

by Tony H » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:04 pm

Sorry [bo], it's impossible for Alex to choose a winner and for users to vote . We are all winners for him! And some of us don't need to see that members find that our work is not good.:cool:
The best is in you, so the best is in me... Believe in me, I will believe in you.

fma38

Info

by fma38 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:58 pm

If you add such gallery, I will be very happy to put some panos...
Frédéric

no avatar
beeloba

Info

by beeloba » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:06 pm

You are welcome to use any of my panos you like. (the QTVRs are linked there)
http://www.panoramio.com/user/361950#

What is interesting in Panoramio, is that it belongs to Google now and there are .kml of the users, regrouping your gallery of all panos in Google earth.

PS. May i remind other users that panoramio.com is free… you can upload up to 2GB of your own pictures and share them.
Last edited by beeloba on Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
beeloba

Info

by beeloba » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:50 pm

By the way what are your criteria?

1/ Objective (what do you mean by pictures?) - Stitching process… number of pictures, view point, subject, light, actions, landscape, geometry, perspective, interest degree, cultural effect, number of pictures represented, mosaic priority, qtvr one etc. etc.
2/ Subjective: do you mean it must be representing Kolor's pictures? or peoples pictures
3/Neutral, this means that you let people upload what they have made with your software… regardless of the kind and quality of picture…

PS. Will you setup a kind of Jury?
Last edited by beeloba on Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Topic author
Info

by AlexandreJ » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:50 am

Criterion : First one : quality ! Second : variety.

no avatar
GURL

Info

by GURL » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:01 am

I suppose the most important difference between the present forum gallery and the new main gallery is the "forum side" of the first one. I guess there should be no viewer comments on the main gallery while discussions about the photographed place, the fine or unpleasant weather, how tedious it was to carry a heavy tripod, etc, is usual (and interesting) in a forum...

Another possibility for the main gallery is to use categories like landscape, cities, peoples, events, etc.

http://www.Panoguide.com have a forum gallery and another more formal gallery, like most pano websites.

The "size should be around 800 x (200 up to 400)" is bad news for me. My guess is panoramas should always be seen full-screen but this really just an opinion and I know there are many drawbacks against full-screen ones. http://www.panoramas.dk is a proof this is possible for QTVR, this should be possible for any kind of pano. An inconvenient of reduced size panos is that authors saw the full-size one and often don't realize what is lost on the reduced version ...though trained viewers are often able to imagine the full-size version! Another point is that, when FOV is smaller than 120°, a single defished shot is good enough for a 800 x 400 pix image, so that to get what you see a stitcher was useless...
Last edited by GURL on Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Georges

taf

Info

by taf » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:05 pm

Je me met aussi à  la disposition d'Alexandre... Si tu souhaites qq panos, je t'en envois...

Je me joint à  Gurl pour dire aussi que 800pixels max, ca fait pas lourd... dommage de voir nos grands panos en si petit...
Look. There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up !

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Topic author
Info

by AlexandreJ » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:50 am

It's true that 800pixels is not large ... We'll see mid-september if we can improve that once the design of this page done.

no avatar
GURL

Info

by GURL » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:56 am

I remember a photo website where uploading a fine image having a not so fine thumbnail was useless ...but don't know of a solution for this embarrassing issue.
Georges

no avatar
pns

Info

by pns » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:33 am

on a tangent for this thread, but hopefully on topic for all content creators...

PS. May i remind other users that panoramio.com is free… you can upload up to 2GB of your own pictures and share them.

there are few really free things in life, and panoramio is certainly not one of them. i recommend reading http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/message/12574 and the discussion that follows.

cheers,
pns

no avatar
prashant

Info

by prashant » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:13 pm

Count me in. I'll send you my images once size etc is finalized.

no avatar
beeloba

Info

by beeloba » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:58 pm

pns wrote:there are few really free things in life, and panoramio is certainly not one of them. i recommend reading
cheers,
pns

Thanks for this information. I have found the same kind of general rules on Yahoo (Flickr).
I think that this is the price to pay for not having a personal gallery.
This Google-Panoramio website is right now helping me more than it annoys me.

In any case, I don't see many people suing these business giants with their well known excessive clauses.

no avatar
caldus

Info

by caldus » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:19 pm

hello tout le monde,
je veux bien adhérer à  ce nouveau projet de gallery:))
http://www.parcourirlemonde.com/panoramiques/index.htm
caldus

taf

Info

by taf » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:15 pm

GURL wrote:I remember a photo website where uploading a fine image having a not so fine thumbnail was useless ...but don't know of a solution for this embarrassing issue.

tu parles de CI là  ? :lol:

taf

Info

by taf » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:27 pm

prashant wrote:Count me in. I'll send you my images once size etc is finalized.

hop ! add to the galery post : http://forum.autopano.net/t1615-a-collection-of-panoramic-galleries

taf

Info

by taf » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:27 pm

caldus wrote:hello tout le monde,
je veux bien adhérer à  ce nouveau projet de gallery:))
http://www.parcourirlemonde.com/panoramiques/index.htm
caldus

hop ! add to the galery post : http://forum.autopano.net/t1615-a-collection-of-panoramic-galleries