Crystal Cove Sunset (16-DEC-2005)...  

Share what you've done with Autopano Pro.
Montrez nous vos oeuvres !
no avatar
ckiely

Crystal Cove Sunset (16-DEC-2005)...

by ckiely » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:48 am

In retrospect, this 1x7 is tiny... back then it was huge :)

Fuji S2 Pro
Sigma 20mm
3-Stop Reverse ND Grad

Last edited by ckiely on Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
GURL

by GURL » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:49 am

Ckiely, I know this is not the right place for such questions, but I can't resist: what do you think of Fuji S3 ?

Like many other 360°x180° addicts, I find the wider (the widest in the world, actualy) dynamic range of this camera very attractive. It can use the whole Nikkor + Sigma lens family. But RAW files are very large (25 GB?) and slow down this slow camera. Hyper-Utility2 is not able to process HDR properly (but Adobe Camera Row is: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilms3pro/page19.asp ) Its cost is about the same than the highly praised Nikon D200...

On the other side, nearly all of my 360° panos have HDR issues!

[url=http://www.panoguide.com]www.panoguide.com forum thread: Your new camera for shooting panos - S3 Pro or D200?[/url]
Last edited by GURL on Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Georges

no avatar
ckiely

by ckiely » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:55 pm

I'll post some information and examples over in the "Open Talk" forum tonight. Suffice to say that I am very happy with the S3 Pro. I was very pleased using the S2 until the sensor just died one day :(

You are correct that the RAW files are huge @ about 25MB, so my CF card capacity was cut in half immediately, that was not that cool. But, in return I get more DR which is cool… so that’s a bit of a trade off.

Also in the “not cool” category is the slowness and small buffer size here in the US, I think there is a bigger buffer available in Japan or the export market. But, since most of my images are fairly static, e.g. not wildlife or birds, etc. I figure that I can wait a little longer for a higher quality image.

Return to Panorama gallery / Galerie de panoramas