Crystal Cove Sunset (18-DEC-2005)... HDR!!!  

Share what you've done with Autopano Pro.
Montrez nous vos oeuvres !
no avatar
ckiely

Crystal Cove Sunset (18-DEC-2005)... HDR!!!

by ckiely » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:15 am

OK, I finally gave this one a go w/ HDR. When I took this, APP didn't support Fuji RAW files properly and TIF doesn't permit HDR mapping... kind of forgot about this image. I had a previous version, but I don't think I posted it here.

Anyway... I'm dying to give this one a run when TIF support for HDR comes along... hint ;)

Fuji S2 Pro
Sigma 20mm
26 source images: tons of ND Grad on the top layer (at least 3-stop Reverse, maybe more?). Circular polarizer on the bottom to take the reflections off the water and permit you to see the tidepools. -1.7ev fill flash on the bottom rows too to help out w/ the shadow detail that a polarizer tends to cripple.

I took several exposures of the central sun frame and choose the shortest exposure for the hard anchor and then used the key tone mapper to get an even contrast in the image.

This is just a preview taken from a low-res render... I'll wait for HDR TIF support to really get this project going again. Even w/ a pano head there are some ghosts, but you can't see them in this low-res. But I don't want to spend a bunch of time until I have the one that I am going to use as a finished project.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:37 pm

What can I said : waouh, pfff, incredible, awesome, stunning ... Pick one !

no avatar
bilzmale

by bilzmale » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:26 pm

Another great image - you are seriously testing the software which is good for the rest of us.

Bill

francois.simond

by francois.simond » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:11 pm

I'd like to be here :)
François Simond

no avatar
timpdx

by timpdx » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:40 am

wow, looks good. 3 stop grad, polarizer AND HDR!

no avatar
adhack

by adhack » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:44 am

This is probably my favorite of your panoramics. Incredible colors, foreground, light, comp everything. The one thing is the mountain on the right side kind of takes from the balance, but who cares it's a great image. I've tried my grads on one mountain scene but it came out a disaster because I don't have the head. The peaks got cropped out... How much do those things run anyway?

When my checkbook heals itself then I'll consider purchasing this print from you.
Last edited by adhack on Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stock photography, Fine Art Prints, Photo Blog at www.rwongphoto.com

no avatar
ckiely

by ckiely » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:47 am

I bought my pano head for about $120 I think... www.nodalninja.com

Just wait 'til you see the one I took tonight... working on it now, but v1.2 beta is having a hard time picking up two frames for some reason, driving me nuts.

Return to Panorama gallery / Galerie de panoramas