A few quick handheld shots  

Share what you've done with Autopano Pro.
Montrez nous vos oeuvres !
[bo]

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

A few quick handheld shots

by [bo] » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:04 pm

I post my panos in the Flickr Autopano Pro group (which, I suggest, you add to your RSS reader). So that's why I don't post them here in separate threads.

Here's one of them:
Some of my panoramas, posted in the Autopano Pro flickr group.

trekker317

Info

by trekker317 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:53 pm

Hello,

The picture is very nice but it would still more interesting for people like us to know where it has been taken, as part of the interest of photography lays in trekking and travelling throughout the world. It looks like Ireland, but I a sure it is not. Thank you for your reply.

[bo]

Topic author
Info

by [bo] » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:22 pm

Well, you can check the image on flickr, using the link in the first post - it will take you to the Autopano Pro group. Look in the right column of the site for "Additional Information". There, you'll see a "Taken:" label and a "map" link - it should open a satellite map (via Yahoo! Maps) and show you the location exactly. From there, you can zoom in/out and look for more images from that area. Hope that helps :)

In short, this is Belmeken dam in Rila mountain, Bulgaria.

taf

Info

by taf » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:52 pm

wahhhoouu, marvelous view, with beautiful colors... Very nice !
Look. There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up !

no avatar
beeloba

Info

by beeloba » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:22 pm

Interesting gallery Boby, and nice yahoo maps too!
Is that true that you are having an incredible hot summer in Bulgaria.
That would explain why you often talked about not feeling in mood to answer some questions.
Fogiven :rolleyes:

[bo]

Topic author
Info

by [bo] » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:32 pm

Well, the summer is quite hot, although I've seen hotter... The main problem is that there has been very little rain in the last month or so and everything is very dry - in the country I mean. So there are lots of fires, crops failing, etc... But on the other side, no rain is nice for the tourists and the related businesses.

We went to the Belmeken dam to escape from the heat in the city and it was very pleasant up there during the day and very cold in the night time: 5 degrees C. That particular pano above was taken at almost noon and you can see the people are wearing long sleeves.

ps: A few years ago we had a tropical summer - very hot, it pours for an hour each afternoon, then the sun shines again the everything covers in mist and fog :)

no avatar
pns

Info

by pns » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:32 pm

[bo],
it may be my eyes (or my monitor?), but in places the reflection of the sky in the water seems lighter than the sky itself -- which i find slightly unsettling. any idea why?
cheers,
pns

[bo]

Topic author
Info

by [bo] » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:11 am

PNS, you might be right and there could be two reasons for it:
- I increased contrast in the sky and the water, but maybe it was not quite as even as I hoped
- The waves in the water change the appearance of the reflected image, which is a "problem" I've often encountered in seascape photos

Generally, I'm not very strict about such details in my amateur shots, but thanks for your comment! I'll take a look at the sources if I get some time on my hands!