Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:11 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Format for HDRI
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:27 am 

I am having difficulty finding a reference for what format files must be in so that HDRI can be executed. I have scanned one photo using my Coolscan 5000 to several tif files with different scan gains. These files are very large: 24 megapixels and are in 8 bit color format. They will overlay perfectly in Autopano, but the HDRI selection is greyed out so I can't execute any of the other tools, though it appears that the tone mapping tool bar does do something.
I have made other photos and stumbled into the HDRI selection being active, but I have not used tiff files in those panoramas but I used jpeg compressed: *.jpg files.
After browsing all the help files, and this forum, I cannot find any reference.
I tried to use photoshop CS2 but ran out of memory as each of my 7 files occupied 256 megabytes. It is easy for me to rescan the original negative and re-create the different exposures, but it takes about an hour to do high resolution scans, so I would like to convert the original scans to the proper format through photoshop, then run them into Autopano.
As an aside, I find that I have almost infinite panoramas that I can pull from my miniDV videotapes. Panoramas I never even thought of! This tool is powerful!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:39 am 

From what I understand, there's a bug reading EXIF from 8-bit and 16-bit TIF's at the moment, so HDRI is grayed out.

Last edited by ckiely on Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:08 am 

Hello chemistcarl !
You can use an external exif editor to set exposure data in JPEGs, and use these tagged JPEGs in Autopano Pro.
Autopano Pro will use these exposure informations (ISO, Exposure Time and Aperture) to calculate HDRI color correction.

If you do not remember exactly what were this informations, that's not really a problem. What matters is the difference of exposure between different shots, that must be right for the HDRI mode.
Anyway, if you do not have these data, you still can use standard color correction, that give great results in most ie. if exposure differences between shots is not extreme (just take care of channels histograms to keep all the dynamic range :) )

http://wiki.autopano.net/en/tutorials/hdr-stitching