Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:46 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:26 pm 

I shot the original images with a Nikon 8008 and Fuji Velvia film. I have no idea what I was planning to do with them; at that time I had never used any pano software. In fact, I don't know what pano software was even available, if any, back then. Later, when I bought a digital camera and started playing around with Panorama Factory, I scanned in the slides and tried to put something together. Over the years and various versions of PF, I was never able to come up with something that I was satisfied with; mismatching due to parallax problems, color differences between adjacent frames, exposure differences (I didn't know about maintaining consistent exposure settings back then).

I just came across the files this last week and let APG have a try at it, and try out Neuralhazer as well. Here's the results. I was stunned; the image blending looks flawless - no ghosting or obvious mismatching, and the color blending is better than I was ever able to achive in the past - not perfect, but not bad either.

The day was less than ideal for pictures (as was the photographer - it was a wild New Year's Eve); it had snowed the day before, the temperature that morning was about -10C with a mist/fog coming up from the river, and the glare from the sun through the fog was intense. But the pano definitely captures the feeling of the place (and me) that morning.

Last edited by TimR on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:49 am 

Ha, great pano with an equally interesting backstory! It seems it was taken from somewhere high in the fortress. Here's the old capital hill shot from the air (and stitched with APP):

This must be the first pano posted here from Bulgaria! Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:23 pm 

What camera and lens are you using?