Pine Tree Forest at Sunset  

Share what you've done with Autopano Pro.
Montrez nous vos oeuvres !
aaronpriest

Pine Tree Forest at Sunset

by aaronpriest » Wed May 01, 2013 1:08 am

This small forest of pine trees is just a short walk from my house, right off the back field. I often walk up this little hill and sit and think on a large rock nestled in the bushes. At sunset a splash of golden light sets all the pine needles ablaze.

You wouldn't know it today, but 100 years ago this was a clearing where my wife’s great-great-grandparent’s house stood. Frederick and Anna Crocker raised their children in that home. Sadly, five died during a diphtheria epidemic. Only their baby girl Millie survived. Later, her younger brother Harry was born, and both lived to raise families of their own. Nothing remains of the house that Millie and Harry grew up in, save a black and white photo of the family and their home. Now my family lives in another house on the same farm that Frederick Crocker built as a wedding gift for Millie. It’s important that we photograph and document these things for future generations.

http://www.aaronpriestphoto.com/pano/2013-04-29_Pine_Trees/

UK Pano

by UK Pano » Wed May 01, 2013 10:56 am

Great colours and a great story alike :)
Canon 400D / Canon 24-105mm L / Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE / Sigma 10-20mm / Sigma 70-300mm / NN3 & R1 / PS CS2 / LR3 / Enfuse

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Wed May 01, 2013 11:11 am

aaronpriest wrote:This small forest of pine trees is just a short walk from my house, right off the back field. I often walk up this little hill and sit and think on a large rock nestled in the bushes. At sunset a splash of golden light sets all the pine needles ablaze.

You wouldn't know it today, but 100 years ago this was a clearing where my wife’s great-great-grandparent’s house stood. Frederick and Anna Crocker raised their children in that home. Sadly, five died during a diphtheria epidemic. Only their baby girl Millie survived. Later, her younger brother Harry was born, and both lived to raise families of their own. Nothing remains of the house that Millie and Harry grew up in, save a black and white photo of the family and their home. Now my family lives in another house on the same farm that Frederick Crocker built as a wedding gift for Millie. It’s important that we photograph and document these things for future generations.

http://www.aaronpriestphoto.com/pano/2013-04-29_Pine_Trees/

Hey Aaron!

Fine mood! Maybe a bit much of HDR ;)

best, Klaus

PS: "It’s important that we photograph and document these things for future generations."

I fully agree! Things change faster and faster - and sometimes it´s very valuable to show the kids what and how it was before Facebook . . . :cool:
Last edited by klausesser on Wed May 01, 2013 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Wed May 01, 2013 11:16 am

Very nice. And the family history 'makes' the pano.

In what year was that diphtheria epidemic?
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

aaronpriest

by aaronpriest » Wed May 01, 2013 11:58 am

Klaus, yup! ;-) Every now and then I push a scene a little into HDR cartoonish world on purpose. Photographers generally don't like it much, but other folks love it for some reason. At any rate, they get the most comments from both sides of the aisle, LOL! This one I wanted to have a somewhat heavenly yet somber feeling.

Andrew, I think the year was 1918 and it was often misnamed the Spanish flu locally. There are many gravestones in cemeteries around here with stones of that year, most with very short lifespans. I can't imagine losing nearly all your children in a two month timespan. :-(

no avatar
Alizey

by Alizey » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:43 am

It is great scenes too see. Its color, shape and look are much impressive. The story makes me sad but it is amazing thing that next generations see and observe that place. I move the cursor around it look much beautiful want to say everyone look that picture and delight. Hope you like it.

Return to Panorama gallery / Galerie de panoramas