With the weather this month going from spring to winter and back and forth, I had a cool idea to represent it in a â€œLittle Planetâ€ spherical panorama. I took two 360° x 180° panoramas from the same location on two different days and blended them together. The spring day was March 31, 2013 demonstrating the new Panoneed to my Dad who was recording it with his iPod. The pond was still mostly frozen over even though the snow had nearly all melted. The winter day was April 13, 2013. The ice had gone out of the pond, but we got a few more inches of snow overnight that mostly melted by the end of the day.
Rather than switch between the two panoramas every other rotation, I decided to blend them together into one, split down the middle. Enjoy!
emm.. that should be easy to do... You just need to capture the four seasons ... Then in Photoshop, place all of your panos into it. Create an alpha mask on a new layer blend for each layer.. In a Mac, click Control on an alpha layer and then select the pano layer you want to delete the effect from, and press delete.. Once you have done it on all four panos, merge layers.. Done.. !...
if you accept this ... Challenge.. send me the panos and I will do it for you and send you the Photoshop files so you can see how I did it..
I guess if you send me the pixel size of the panos, I can create a template for you.. that is easy enough...
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod
It's easy until you attempt it on a full sphere. The nadir and zenith look horrible on an equirectangular image. Doing it on cube faces was no better as the lines don't curve as they should through the sphere. I finally found a program that could do a proper stereographic output at near 360x180 and rendered it a couple different ways to get both poles then converted it back to equirectangular, then cube faces, then swapped out cubes to get the better looking poles, then converted it back to equirectangular. It took a lot of effort, and that was just for two scenes! If you have a better method, I'll share my idea with you in a private message to see if it can be pulled off. :-P