Sydney in 2013  

Share what you've done with Autopano Pro.
Montrez nous vos oeuvres !
no avatar
beetwo77

Sydney in 2013

by beetwo77 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:14 pm

It has been a while since I have posted any panoramas so I thought I had better put a few images up :) To be honest I have been stepping back from shooting large numbers of images and focussing more on long exposure and some stacking techniques to replicate very long exposures so these images are not necessarily particularly challenging from a technical standpoint. I hope you enjoy.

The classic Sydney Harbour shot. 16 minute exposures on the Fuji X-Pro1:

Cloudy with the Chance of Meatballs - Warm by Beetwo77, on Flickr

The Queen Mary 2 docked in Sydney:

No_Ship_Sherlock_Crop by Beetwo77, on Flickr

This shot was very technically challenging. It is only a 4 shot pano but each of the 4 shots consists of 12 x 30 second exposures manually aligned to simulate a 6 minute exposure. Should just buy some more ND filters:

CHB by Beetwo77, on Flickr

Some technical issues with this one. I might get around to reprocessing it one day but I like the shot. 5 image locations with 2 x 30 second exposures at each image location:

Dont_Look_Back_In_Anger by Beetwo77, on Flickr

I like this image. Shot from only a couple of meters away from a 4 storey building. I wish there was some magic solution that would allow me to shoot very tall vertical panos from very close to tall buildings!

Shadow_Warriors by Beetwo77, on Flickr

I like this one due to the dramatic effect of the planar projection. This was shot from about 2 meters away from a 5 storey building. Required plenty of manual control points to avoid stitching errors:

White Lines by Beetwo77, on Flickr

Lucky last a nice beach scene just because thats probably what people associate with Sydney :)

Megapan_01 by Beetwo77, on Flickr
Last edited by beetwo77 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Destiny

by Destiny » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:57 pm

Nice, well done....

Destiny...
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

no avatar
levikdevanny

by levikdevanny » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:43 am

Awesome is all I can say with those breathtaking pictures.
Live simply. Dream big. Be grateful. Give love. Laugh lots. value point distribution reviews

taf

by taf » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:18 pm

wonderfull !!! love the first and the second...
Look. There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up !

oreillyfotograf

by oreillyfotograf » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:29 pm

Oh no, here we go again... Stunningly drop dead georgus Panos from Ian again!!

Magnificant Ian, I like 'White Lines' Looks similar to what the Sigma 12-24mm Asypherical Lens turns out.

take care...
Kind regards,

Niall
Fuji Stuff!!

Return to Panorama gallery / Galerie de panoramas