Test presentation  

Share what you've done with Autopano Pro.
Montrez nous vos oeuvres !
no avatar
irpano

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Test presentation

by irpano » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:01 am

Looking at a way to present a series of Pano's that tell a story. The sample way attached ( 1 Image) will be restricted to the rules of the forum. I was also wondering if a PDF can be posted in this forum as well. I would be interested in other peoples views on the subject

no avatar
irpano

Topic author
Info

by irpano » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:34 am

Hi to all, I found a way to present a pdf of some panos taken recently. You dont need to download any software and you can use the up and down arrow keys to scroll through the presentation. It is 27 megs in size so it will take about 2 minutes to open(depending on your internet service).
Please contribute any thoughts as to which of the two methods you think are better , or can the idea if you like.
to view the test presentation go to
http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/3416322/vic-high-country-pdf-january-7-2012-1-19-am-28-0-meg?da=y
Hope it works for you.

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:35 pm

It tells: "irpano's 200 megabyte bandwidth for today has been exceeded."

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:36 pm

Special fx wrote:Sorry sir, pdf not quality nice. Better to html web at 96dpi. pdf optimise wrong. Make nice photo not nicer. If do pdf high then file more bigger than should want.
fx

?????

best, Klaus

no avatar
irpano

Topic author
Info

by irpano » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:39 am

Klaus, Sorry for the inconvenience of not being able to connect. I am trying to get to grips with the site and how everything works. It must mean that I can only have 200megabyte of download each day, which is disapointing. If that the case then the site wont be worth using. Do you know of a site where PDF's can be hosted or if there is any way it can be done within the forum.

no avatar
irpano

Topic author
Info

by irpano » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:28 am

Klaus and others, I have tried another site to host the pdf. I am limited to 20mb per file but should not be restricted as to how many times the file is accessed. It 20mb and may take some time to download. Here is the new link
http://freepdfhosting.com/1a926417c1.pdf

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:36 pm

irpano wrote:Klaus and others, I have tried another site to host the pdf. I am limited to 20mb per file but should not be restricted as to how many times the file is accessed. It 20mb and may take some time to download. Here is the new link
http://freepdfhosting.com/1a926417c1.pdf

Hey John!

That´s a bit confusing - the presentation is of very low resolution and not appropriate to present visual contents of high quality!
What do you want to tell the viewers of thet presentation?

I suggest to design a html site for presenting your content and make the panos scalable/zoomable as Flash or Zoomify.

best, Klaus

no avatar
irpano

Topic author
Info

by irpano » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:19 am

Klaus, Thanks for looking at the post and making suggestion. I tried using panotour but it would cost 300 + 100 for the web site to show the few sets of images I would be doing. Plus i am not confident with the html site so i will go back to keeping my sets of images in a small mini album. Thanks again for you support.
John

no avatar
irpano

Topic author
Info

by irpano » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:10 pm

Thanks for all who replied to this post. I have since tried panotour and created a file on an inexpensive site. Can anyone try this file please. It is 20 mg but should load in les than a minute(Depending on your service) Some of my friends reported no images. Thanks

http://panopresent.jalbum.net/Victorian%20High%20Country/
John

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:02 pm

loading took exact 40 seconds using a 6mbit downlink (with 5.71mbit download speed).
Georg

no avatar
irpano

Topic author
Info

by irpano » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:24 pm

Thanks george. I am starting to come to grips with the software but still a lot to learn. I cant work out what some of the terminology is so that I can use smaller images etc. Will post more questions when I am completely stuck. Thanks also for all of you posts throughout the forum.
John

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:42 am

Hi John...

Just for your info.. Did you now you can put a pano VR into a pdf... You have limitations but it can be done.. Mostly the problem saving high res into a pdf, its normally only a common thing to do for print so not a good idea for normal web viewing.. However, if you optimise for the web, you can view images ok but only up to 100% before content begins to blur and pixalate.

The better option already mentioned would be Zoomify, which is part of Photoshop.. Really easy to do too.... Just put your image in and Zoomify will do the rest.. ;)

Destiny...
Last edited by Destiny on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

no avatar
irpano

Topic author
Info

by irpano » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:11 pm

Hi Destiny, after your post about IR in Vr i trioed PDF but as you said the resolution is a problem for screen presentation. (I am allways thinking in print term). But realising that pdf is not the way to go I outlaid the $100 to give Panotour a go. My first effort included hires files and was very big (2w0MB). I have since attempted a second presentation with lower res files. It has been difficult to find what size of image I should use so that it has clarity but small in size. The manual does niot help a lot. i will continue to lurk in the forum tryiny to pick up tips and will post my second attempt when I have it finished.

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:11 am

Hi... Yes print and web media are very different.. With print you would use tifs etc with CMYK or high qualify pdf's saved for print.. Totally useless for the web.. CMYK has trillions of colours since each channel has 256 colours where as RGB has 16.7 million... To give you a guild.. for years the standard monitor could only display up to 72 dpi.. The images looked great but as you know at 72dpi the print would be terrible.. Its all to do with file size too.. Each pixel holds one 'bit' of computer data.. So the more 'bits' the greater the file size.. These days most monitors display at 96dpi.. Great for the bigger monitors.. You can still use software like Zoomify to view images at a greater size in an easy way... I noticed fx above was trying to explain this too, suggesting to use the web page option as I understand she was meaning, which is 100% correct..

I do not believe you did the wrong thing in buying Panotour...@ $100.. I feel its a good investment.. You might well use it in the future.. To be honest, my view is that its a great software app.. My student use it too.. They love it.. I must admit, I bought it to make some extra money outside of teaching.. but thats a sore point.. To-date I have made exactly $0.. :(

You can put your panos into a pdf and as a normal interactive pano too.. This opens up doors of opportunity.. The only thing is you cannot full screen the pano.. pdf will not support that... Actually, that has just given me a thought.. I might see if I can get other things into a pdf.. ;)...

catch you later...

Destiny

irpano wrote:Hi Destiny, after your post about IR in Vr i trioed PDF but as you said the resolution is a problem for screen presentation. (I am allways thinking in print term). But realising that pdf is not the way to go I outlaid the $100 to give Panotour a go. My first effort included hires files and was very big (2w0MB). I have since attempted a second presentation with lower res files. It has been difficult to find what size of image I should use so that it has clarity but small in size. The manual does niot help a lot. i will continue to lurk in the forum tryiny to pick up tips and will post my second attempt when I have it finished.
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:32 am

Hi.. This is a VR inside a pdf, just as a test.. it hasn't any "Bells and Whistles" but it could be used as an intro page .. Its just an option for viewing a pano.. Not a real solution for high quality panos..

Good for a quick presentation I guess.. It just need extra images and text to go with it.. then put a link to the real tour..

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/VRpdf/VRpdf.html

If you are using pdf on a Mac you might have click the icon at the bottom of the loaded page.. real pain.. never used to do that....

Destiny..
Last edited by Destiny on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
irpano

Topic author
Info

by irpano » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:08 am

Hi Destiny, Thanks for the test VR. I have used PDF (Acrobat) for some time and can set to display at full screen. Great package and very powerful. Especially if you use javascript. (I dont as i think I'm too old to learn a new language).
My initial motive was to make a slide show type tour of a location from the hires panos I have but show them with the ability to zoom and scroll before moving on to the next. (A movie, but with manual control over each image). The problem is with the fimal "project" size. Generally too big for wed donload but poor quality when downsuzed for web presentation. I an trying to figure out how to control the amount of zoom and image size in panotour but still have a small enough project size for the web
Another subject. On one of your presentations(VR) you showed the page flip application. Was this done with "Page Flip" or some other type of e book application. http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/InteractiveFlipBook/virtualtour.html
John
Last edited by irpano on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:25 am

Hi John.

You know.. you really are talking about ptp... This software can do all that you want to very easily.. It has the ability to use a Zoomify technique, it creates multiple folders automatically at different resolutions.. You do not have to have a full 360 pano.. You can showcase your panos very well in ptp... You can have it set with code to go to the next pano and also have a quick nav' for the user to go to particular pano's of choice.. It's all there John in ptp.. File size is not a real issue since ptp will only load the window of image currently being viewed... If your images are flat, you can set it to flat too... You have an amazing software app right here.. I suggest you give it a go.. Forget Photoshop Zoomify or pdf.. You have your slide show, you have your high rez, you have your navigation and you don't have to worry about quality or the viewer not being able to view your images within a reasonable download time.. Choose the nav buttons you want including; Auto rotate, zoom +- etc.. .You can use Kevin's code to auto go-to the next pano or I will send you are more involved code but to be honest, it does the same thing...

My advice to you it get into ptp.. Its the perfect software for your needs.. This is Destiny the kolor sales girl.. signing out.. :cool: :lol::lol::lol:

Destiny...:D

no avatar
irpano

Topic author
Info

by irpano » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:26 am

Thank Destiny. Its good to be able to talk to someone who knows about VR and in Australia. Dont have to wait 12 hours for a reply. (Time difference from Aus to France.
Not to labour a point but will PTP (at an extra $200) do more than this example.
It will take about 1 minute to load and if you press the f11 key to take you in and out of full screen mode.
http://panopresent.jalbum.net/Great%20Australian%20Bight
Site still being developed
Last edited by irpano on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Destiny

Info

by Destiny » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:00 am

Hi.. I am unable to open your link.. Perhaps you haven't loaded all the files..

Pano Tour Pro is exactly that .. A Panoramic Tour software app; where you can link a heap of Panoramic photos together in a a virtual tour, 360 degrees or just a very wide pano.. It does little more than this on the whole... It's not so much as what it does, but rather how it does it.. You can zoom into an area of giga pixal images as they load until you reaches zoom limit.. The power of ptp allows you to do this without it locking up, since it works on a Zoomify technique, which as I have said before, loads only what is being viewed within the current window and will continue to load only those images that need to be load in relationship to the viewing window at the time. After all images have loaded, the navigation will become very smooth...

ptp is a great software app, however, I believe it needs a lot more improvements on its features, such as .. Automatically go to an other pano without the user having to include aditional code, better themes and templates, and more flexibility in editing these.. A more friendly way of embedding video and swf etc. The rollout of html5 >>> Saying all this.. ptp in the last year or so has improved greatly and is now in my opinion very good value for money... I firmly believe ptp needs to include a lot more interactivity elements, or it runs the risk of becoming boring.. Many people love this kind of stuff, but others with little vision might argue the odd on this.. :rolleyes:

Destiny...

irpano wrote:Thank Destiny. Its good to be able to talk to someone who knows about VR and in Australia. Dont have to wait 12 hours for a reply. (Time difference from Aus to France.
Not to labour a point but will PTP (at an extra $200) do more than this example.
It will take about 1 minute to load and if you press the f11 key to take you in and out of full screen mode.
http://panopresent.jalbum.net/Great%20Australian%20Bight
Site still being developed
Last edited by Destiny on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.