first winter panoramas  

Share what you've done with Autopano Pro.
Montrez nous vos oeuvres !
no avatar
vklaffehn

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

first winter panoramas

by vklaffehn » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:49 am

Two panoramas taken freehand with a Powershot A590is while I was on the way visiting my parents. Yesterday was the first frosty day here ....

/edit, ups, uploaded the wrong stitches :-)

Last edited by vklaffehn on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Tom D

Info

by Tom D » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:47 pm

I am sorry but I don't like the compositions and the treatments are a bit "flat" to me. It lacks something. The mood was certainly special but I can't see it properly on your pics.

Endly, I think you should upload smaller files and you should care about the dust on your sensor...

Best regards

Tom

no avatar
vklaffehn

Topic author
Info

by vklaffehn » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:42 pm

Hi!

Thanks for commenting! Could you myabe be more precise? I also think that those pictures don't transport the mood right, but I played alot with APG settings, color correction, gamma, black/white-point etc and this was the best 'I' could get out of it. I should also say that the Powershot A590is is a compact P&S camera, so there should not be dust on the sensot but only bad image quality because of the sensor size :-)
Maybe you or someone else can give some advise to get 'better' panoramas of that scene?
I could also make the source JPEGs available.

Mfg
V.Klaffehn

no avatar
Tom D

Info

by Tom D » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:23 pm

Sorry for my late answer. I am not really good in treatment with photoshop or lightroom. I am afraid I cannot help you for the improvement of your picture.
I just gave you my feeling about it and I may be wrong. it is highly subjective...

I looked really carefully at your pictures and I can see dust on each one (at the right side of the road sign on the second picture for exemple). I don't know where it comes from but it really looks like dust on the sensor. Even if your camera is a compact, I think there can be dust on the sensor, don't you?

Maybe other forumer could help us understanding where it comes from?

Regards

Tom

no avatar
Brown Mika

Info

by Brown Mika » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:13 am

WOW, Really nice pictures. I just loved it.

UK Pano

Info

by UK Pano » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:47 am

I'm with Tom on this. The first one is way to dark to actual view anything unless you were looking for a dark, moody and under-exposed look! At the least you could look to do a level adjustment to see if you can reduce the darkness and make some detail visible. Second shot is better as you can see some detail and again, a levels adjustment and contrast adjustment to give it some punch. Composition wise, i would have looked to be in the middle of the road rather than to the left or right of centre. Lets the road run of to a centre point - at the moment, personally it looks off balance to me. It would also be good to have something of interest to view at the end of the road as the focal point of the pano. Let the converging road lead your eye to the main subject at the end of the road.
Canon 400D / Canon 24-105mm L / Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE / Sigma 10-20mm / Sigma 70-300mm / NN3 & R1 / PS CS2 / LR3 / Enfuse