Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:44 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:16 am 

360°, Pocket APN, no tripod, ...

Whole pic is 11302 x 1450 pixels (click for full size)

Note some problem on center area, with the metalic grid on the floor as well as color auto adjustments that are not done on a 360° basis.

And oh, there are some real ghosts too ! ;-) 100% crop :

Last edited by Florent on Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:31 am 

That's right, Autopano Pro did not detect this panorama as a full 360°. Maybe you can try with higher (maximum) settings for detectivity.

To my eyes, overlap between the max-left and the max-right images is less than 20%, and some subjects have moved.
That's why it did not succeed with default settings.

Even if APP cant's find the full stich, you can greatly improve the color correction result. Set a hard anchor on 3 correctly exposed images: one left, one center, one right. Set all others in "white balance + transfert" mode. Results should be great ;) If you still get color deviations, set other photos in "Transfer function" only.

Now, i'm interested in results :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:35 am 

Florent wrote:
And oh, there are some real ghosts too ! ;-) 100% crop :

http://fgilles.free.fr/Pano_03.crop.jpg

That's a typical ghost from moving subjects and multiband blend.

There is already the option of the multi-layered psd output, that allow to mask manualy ghosts in order to get a perfect result.

Antighost blend is planned, it will allows incredible results even with low quality sources !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:36 am 

f.simond wrote:
That's right, Autopano Pro did not detect this panorama as a full 360°. Maybe you can try with higher (maximum) settings for detectivity.

Where can it be done ?

Quote:
To my eyes, overlap between the max-left and the max-right images is less than 20%, and some subjects have moved.

I've used the Panorama built'in APN function to achieve minimal overlap. But yes, subjects have moved :)

Quote:
Even if APP cant's find the full stich, you can greatly improve the color correction result. Set a hard anchor on 3 correctly exposed images: one left, one center, one right. Set all others in "white balance + transfert" mode. Results should be great ;) If you still get color deviations, set other photos in "Transfer function" only.

Ok; I'm having a try :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:42 am 

Florent wrote:
f.simond wrote:

Where can it be done ?

You can change the settings for the whole application in the options, or change for this only group (icon with a hammer)
Higher settings will give more tolerance with small overlaps.

Florent wrote:
f.simond wrote:

I've used the Panorama built'in APN function to achieve minimal overlap. But yes, subjects have moved :)

Small overlap is the main difficulty of these sources. Sure, 80% overlap is overkill, but min. 30% is great for accuracy of the geometric and color corrections.

Florent wrote:

f.simond wrote:

Ok; I'm having a try :)

Cool :)

PS : multi-layer output is editable in Gimp too.

Last edited by francois.simond on Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:07 am 

f.simond wrote:
Maybe you can try with higher (maximum) settings for detectivity. [...]

Here is it (click for full view):

Now, color reflects the right luminosity (witch has changed from one side to other, because of wind and clouds). For comparison, the old one :

Last edited by Florent on Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:16 am 

Nice !
Color and contrasts are far better like that.

With some experience you'll quickly find how to get the proper exposure from your shots.
That's like learning to take better shots with a new camera. It takes some times and trials ;)

Last edited by francois.simond on Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.