Feature request for "panorama tittle" plugin  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
gcg1992

Topic author
Liked in: 4 posts
Info

Feature request for "panorama tittle" plugin

by gcg1992 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:20 am

Hi Kolor team,

I have a feature request for the "Panorama Tittle" plugin. I hope to display every pano scene title in the mid of the screen and let it show for a few seconds and then disappear, just like a short notification. I know that I can do this using the third-party notification plugin, but still it would be much better if I can have this function automatically with PTP itself.

Reagrds,
Chenguang

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

Re: Feature request for "panorama tittle" plugin

by Annis » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:42 am

If you know KrPano code you could edit the Title plugin to add this feature to the plugin yourself.
Or using a combination of the Call Actions on Tour Events plugin and the Title plugin and some KrPano code you should be able to time the Title's appearance.

I think the KrPano code you'd need is delayed call

gcg1992

Topic author
Liked in: 4 posts
Info

by gcg1992 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:08 pm

Okay, but unfortunately I am not a coder... and even using code will take up some extra time to do it. Could such a feature be in the feature request list? I hope there will be an option to time Tittle appearance for the "Panorama Tittle" plugin.

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

by Annis » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:06 pm

Yes, any topic posted in the Panotour future forum is added to the feature requests list, even if there is no reply.

There are no timed options at all in Panotour, so I don't know how soon such a feature could be implemented, whereas through code with the call actions on tour events it would rather quickly be sorted.

Open your tour's _skin.xml file in a text editor like Notepad ++. Look for the Title plugin's code, if you've left the comments on and the title plugin has the default name you should find it by searching for <!-- id : title --> on the page.
Now if you look at the events block, you should see the hidetourcontrols even, with " hidetitle(); "
Now look at the the krpano documentation I sent you, in the examples you should see something similar.

Now try combining the example krpano code with your newly found piece of code and use the call custom code action from PTP. The title should close after a few seconds.