Zoom function for picture hotspot and search function  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
gcg1992

Topic author
Liked in: 4 posts
Info

Zoom function for picture hotspot and search function

by gcg1992 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:49 pm

Hi Kolor team,

I am expecting a feature to allow users zoom in and out with mouse or touch when displaying a picture or gallery. I know this can be achieved by using krpano code, but why not let Panotour Pro do it without code? In addition, I am hoping that there will be a search feature in PTP which allows users to search for a specific panorama in large projects.

Regards,
Chenguang

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

Re: Zoom function for picture hotspot and search function

by Annis » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:23 am

For zooming into images, you can integrate a virtual tour in a website box, to zoom in to your image.

For searching for panoramas, do you mean in Panotour or in the tour?
In Panotour it's already in the workspace.
In the tour, then a base for the search feature for you to add to your html template is already available here: http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... _Templates (at the bottom of the list, Find_Pano)

gcg1992

Topic author
Liked in: 4 posts
Info

by gcg1992 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:46 am

Hi Annis,

Thanks for the reply.

First, what I mean by "zoom in and out" is that when a picture(or gallery) is displayed on the PC through picture spot or button, the user can zoom in and out with mouse scroll. Similarly, mobile and tablet users can zoom in to see image details by touching the screen and opening their figures. There are already some pano softwares which can achieve this function and PTP is falling behind.

Secondly, I tried the "Find_Pano" template you suggested, thanks it worked. But I am expecting a Panotour search plugin which let designers easily set the search box position, color and so on in PTP software. PTP requires no coding and that is why we love to use and why I am suggesting this feature in Panotour Future Forum.

Kind Regards,
Chenguang

acmejia likes this post.

no avatar
fotoyang

Liked in: 1 post
Info

by fotoyang » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:19 am

Totally agree. Please add zoom function for Display an image in Point Spot Style. It's very useful in commercial project and always demanded by clients.

acmejia likes this post.

no avatar
acmejia

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by acmejia » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:18 am

Destiny had posted a few years ago her two solutions to this, but I could not figure out how to do it with ptp (and I humbly considered the zoomify solution rather inelegant viewtopic.php?f=91&t=30546&p=178935&hilit=zoom+gallery#p178935).

Yes pretty please, having the capability of zooming in on a picture called through gallery or picture spot is SUPER desirable. Two of my clients have asked me for this--completely separately.