Day/Night is not enough!  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
no avatar
marco.lanciani

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Day/Night is not enough!

by marco.lanciani » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:21 pm

Why not Autumn/Winter/Spring/Summer and for each of them dawn/morning/noon/afternoon/evening/dusk/night?
And yet for each 'dawn' there might still be three versions…

Any Idea at present?

BTW, for the future I’m thinking about:

Groups
Subgroups
Subsubgroups
Subsubsubgroups

and

Panorama Menu
Submenu
Subsubmenu
Subsubsubmenu

or

Thumbnail Manu
Submenu
Subsubmenu
Subsubsubmenu

I hope a future release will let us do this directly in the GUI.

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

Re: Day/Night is not enough!

by Destiny » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:59 pm

Hi... Have you tried to do it... Can't you just add 4 Pano's and add Keep View to each pano...??? I will see if it works.. ;)

Destiny..

no avatar
marco.lanciani

Topic author
Info

by marco.lanciani » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:14 am

Thank you Destiny.
Yes I already tried and it works. KRPano code is not a problem at this level.

Please don't take this as an offence but I think you missed my point, which is having panos organised in groups and subgroups. This is just a need for visual order when navigating the Tour.
Having a column with, at best, 28 mixed up panos might lead any user to confusion. Can you imagine 28 panos of the same place in winter or summer, by night or during the day...

Yet, problem is, when I have to add a new group or even a single pano in an existing group... I have to re-edit the whole Virtual Tour, and doing this after 12 or 18 month (or worse, 4 times a year), I'm not sure I can remember all the things I might have coded manually. That's why having the most possible in the GUI is necessary.

I hope my idea of Subsubsubgroups and Subsubsubmenus is anything doable in the GUI... this is a Must for complex Tours that need periodic update.

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:48 am

Yes, I just tested it too.. No problems..

Good luck with your request.. I do not see it happening from the GUI anytime soon.. its far too unique.. If you edit the xml, you can create separate custom code and then bring those in so you do not have to keep writing it.. This will not work for everything but it might limit the editing of the code..

Destiny...

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:15 pm

marco.lanciani wrote:Thank you Destiny.
Yes I already tried and it works. KRPano code is not a problem at this level.

Can you show an example? This sounds rather confuse by description, sorry.

Klaus

no avatar
marco.lanciani

Topic author
Info

by marco.lanciani » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:36 pm

No problem.

This is a graphical view of what I mean.

Multimenu.png

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:10 pm

marco.lanciani wrote:No problem.

This is a graphical view of what I mean.

Multimenu.png

Sorry - that doesn´t show anything at all of what you mean in detail.

Pleaes describe in detail what you want to happen when you start the pano and how
it needs to behave right after the start.

When i asked you to demonstrate what you mean i meant an example of what you did so far - not a schematic view.

I mean: as a cameraman i´m very well used to read storyboards and schematically visualizations of scenes, camera-moves and so on.

What happens after you trigger "point 1"? Does it trigger "point 2"? How should it trigger "point 2"??
Should it happen automatically? If so: after which period of time? 2se., 5wec. or what?
What happens then: Should "point 2" trigger "point 3" and so on?

Really: either this really is totally confuse - or i´m confused by your descriptiom.

I really guess the best way is to generate an example.

Klaus

no avatar
marco.lanciani

Topic author
Info

by marco.lanciani » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:58 pm

Actually this was not intended as a scheme. This is exactly how I want the "Panorama Menu" to look like.

At present the Gui in PTP allows only to reach the second level... and I'd need to reach the fourth level.
You also ask for the behaviour. It is the same as the current "Panorama Menu", already available in PTP. You know how it works:
- Point 1, Point 2, Point 3 ... is the first level of the Menu, or what you see in the Virtual Tour.
Each Point correspond to a Group of Panos.
- Hovering over point 1 (or Point 2 or ...) open the second level of the Menu, which is called Submenu in the Gui of PTP.
This will show all the Panos contained in that Group.

At this point we can only click on that Pano and open it.
Currently we can't go further. Groups of Panos is the most we can do.

What I need is the possibility to create yet Groups of Groups of Panos: this would allow a third level Menu in the Panorama Menu. In the Gui this could be called Subsubmenu.
Yet Groups of Groups of Groups of Panos would allow a forth level Menu - Subsubsubmenu!

Behaviour. Groups or all the intermediate levels of the Menu are not clickable. You can only hover over them until you reach the last level of the Menu which correspond the Panorama to be open. But this is how the current Panorama Menu works: really nothing special here.

I hope it is a bit more clear now. Sorry, generating an example is not currently possible.
I wish I had the code! :rolleyes:

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:33 pm

marco.lanciani wrote:Actually this was not intended as a scheme. This is exactly how I want the "Panorama Menu" to look like.

Ah - ok. That didn´t become clear to me.

marco.lanciani wrote:At present the Gui in PTP allows only to reach the second level... and I'd need to reach the fourth level.

I don´t understand - what do you mean saying "level"?? You can go anywhere from any hotspot . . .

Do you mean kind of "stacks" of hotspots? So you can reach SEVERAL scenes from ONE spot? Morning, Noon, Evening select from the same hotspot?

Is that what you´re asking for? But how would you select where to go from ONE spot? For achievinv this i suggest to use the combo-box. Here you can select very different scenes or state of scenes non - linear.

marco.lanciani wrote:You also ask for the behaviour. It is the same as the current "Panorama Menu", already available in PTP. You know how it works:
- Point 1, Point 2, Point 3 ... is the first level of the Menu, or what you see in the Virtual Tour.
Each Point correspond to a Group of Panos.
- Hovering over point 1 (or Point 2 or ...) open the second level of the Menu, which is called Submenu in the Gui of PTP.
This will show all the Panos contained in that Group.

Do you mean a kind of pop-up or pull-down menue appearing on the hotspot where you can select the next scene, be it at evening, night or morning?

So you would need a pop-up menue on every hotspot for selecting not only the next scene but also the state of daytime in the scene?

Did you try to make a user-template, customized to your demands or the client´s demands?

I never made a pop-up menue on a hotspot. at the moment i generally prefer to use the combobox instead of hotspots.

In the combobox you can group the scenes bydaytime or whatever very easily. I never used "groups" sp far.

marco.lanciani wrote:I hope it is a bit more clear now.

Not really - i can only guess.

marco.lanciani wrote:Sorry, generating an example is not currently possible.
I wish I had the code! :rolleyes:

You don´t need dedicated code for that in my opinion.

good luck, Klaus

no avatar
marco.lanciani

Topic author
Info

by marco.lanciani » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:53 pm

klausesser wrote:
marco.lanciani wrote:At present the Gui in PTP allows only to reach the second level... and I'd need to reach the fourth level.

I don´t understand - what do you mean saying "level"?? You can go anywhere from any hotspot . . .

Let's say that every time you hover over the "Panorama Menu" and a Submenu open that's a "level". Only the last level, or the last submenu, contain the panorama to be open.

klausesser wrote:Do you mean kind of "stacks" of hotspots? So you can reach SEVERAL scenes from ONE spot? Morning, Noon, Evening select from the same hotspot?

Is that what you´re asking for? But how would you select where to go from ONE spot? For achievinv this i suggest to use the combo-box. Here you can select very different scenes or state of scenes non - linear.

I think you got it.
I'd like to reach several scenes of the same spot.

I didn't think about combobox... Could be a way to go but it has a limit: no thumbnail, no preview of the Pano... as far as I know.
Here's the need for a more customisable Panorama Menu.

klausesser wrote:good luck, Klaus
[/quote]

Klaus, Thank you.

Marco

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 199 posts
Info

by benji33 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:30 am

Yes Marco this is a registered feature : groups in a group without any sub-level limitation.
This will be usefull for night/day, sterographic panoramas and plugins management.
Benjamin

no avatar
mrmeik

Info

by mrmeik » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:26 am

Hello,

I am also looking for a way to integrate a group into a group. I have Panotour Pro 2.3.2 and here it is not possible. I understand Marcos drawing perfectly and this is exactly what I am looking for.

Is there no way at the present time to activate sub groups? I really need this option. =)

Kind regards,

-Meik

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 199 posts
Info

by benji33 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:33 am

Not possible. There is nothing to "activate". Only one level for the moment
Benjamin

no avatar
mrmeik

Info

by mrmeik » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:42 am

Hi Benjamin,

ok thanx for the Info.

That is too bad.... do you have an Idea when this option will be implemented?

Beste regards,

-Meik

Siewers

Liked in: 14 posts
Info

by Siewers » Tue May 24, 2016 2:04 pm

I fixed about the same problem with pano specific buttons that go to the other fase of the day. (With KEEPVIEW)
Why don't you just place a column of buttons with logo's for: dawn/morning/noon/afternoon/evening/dusk/night and switch from Autumn/Winter/Spring/Summer using a menu