Standalone Exe export?  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
anykill

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

Standalone Exe export?

by anykill » Thu May 28, 2015 2:13 pm

Just as title says!
:)

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: Standalone Exe export?

by mediavets » Thu May 28, 2015 2:17 pm

Not possible with PT/PTP 2.x.

Did you explore what can be done with Panotour Viewer?:
http://www.kolor.com/panotour-viewer/

no avatar
jschrader

Liked in: 3 posts
Info

by jschrader » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:07 am

Of course it's not ppossible, that's exactly why we demand it :-)

I understand that in these days it has become somehow obsolete, but a recent customer request brought that to my attention as well.

In the old days with a flash tour that was quite easy. And for some customers this still could be a benefit.

For example in case they are running these tours on a kiosk terminal or similar in any public place. A power loss, a system crash, unexpected userinput and many other things kan kill the system and make it obsolete and people would have to call and wait for service personnel. With an exe it would be easy to configure the system in a way that it restarts itself by just pulling and reentering the plug, an operation that even the most untrained people can perform.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:50 am

jschrader wrote:Of course it's not ppossible, that's exactly why we demand it :-)

I understand that in these days it has become somehow obsolete, but a recent customer request brought that to my attention as well.

In the old days with a flash tour that was quite easy. And for some customers this still could be a benefit.

For example in case they are running these tours on a kiosk terminal or similar in any public place. A power loss, a system crash, unexpected userinput and many other things kan kill the system and make it obsolete and people would have to call and wait for service personnel. With an exe it would be easy to configure the system in a way that it restarts itself by just pulling and reentering the plug, an operation that even the most untrained people can perform.

You could achieve that without the need for a self contained EXE.