SCORM Package option for Export  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
no avatar
michaelf318is

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

SCORM Package option for Export

by michaelf318is » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:43 pm

We want to use panotour with an Learning Management System for teaching. This places the pano into course materials and limits access to registered users. Most of all a SCORM package allows a user to install a panorama from a single zip file. It packages all required files along with a manifest. The LMS takes care of unpacking them and installing them in the right place.

It is the standard for all modern learning management systems.

Would Panotour consider an export to SCORM as an option choice

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 199 posts
Info

Re: SCORM Package option for Export

by benji33 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:22 am

Why not ! it's the second SCORM demand. So I add this request into the feature requests list.
Benjamin

Darryl MacDonald

Info

by Darryl MacDonald » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:29 pm

Just wondering if there was any more thoughts on this topic or if anyone has managed to create a scorm package from a Panotour? I have several companies including training agencies interested in VR content creation for their courses.

no avatar
freditga

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by freditga » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:17 am

Hello,
Back with the SCORM question : I work mostly for e-learning, so most of the virtual tour I produce are used for learning through a Learning Management System (LMS). My need is to track the use of a tour (visited panos, hotspots clicked and so on...) and send back the informations to the LMS in the SCORM standard. Using thi protocol allows us to follow and guide the learning path of the student, send him back where he stopped the tour at his last connection, etc.
As far as I know, neither "Google Analytics Track Events (GATE)" or "Piwik Analytics (PIA)" plugins would do that.
There were a few demands in this forum on that question, but I'm pretty shure that a lot more people would have the use of such functionnality.
Is it still on the feature request list ? Any chance to see it coming out ? Does anybody had to deal with that and found a way ?
I'm very thankfull for any kind of information or hint...
Fred

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Info

by benji33 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:56 pm

It's always a very good functionality to add. The problem here is the learning curve of our team to provide a plugin for SCORM standard.
At this time this is not prioritized but if you have some interesting documents to point about the LMS I'll have a look on my side. The problem here is potentially the communication link with a server.
Benjamin

Darryl MacDonald likes this post.

Darryl MacDonald

Info

by Darryl MacDonald » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:17 pm

This company has created what I am looking for. They have built a VR training program for airline staff based on KRPano (mentioned above): http://www.virtualetraining.com/products-and-services/
Check out their live demos to get an idea of functionality.

https://youtu.be/mCed9hYO0aM

If it is possible to do everything mentioned above then I have a number of clients that would be interested. There has also been some interest from the military here as well.

Exam modules: Implementation of exams at the end of each module (between pano's or locations) I would like the each response to be trackable and have a IFTTT capability so you can show the repercussions of a correct or incorrect answer(like choose your own adventure).
Ability to implement HTML5 animations
Instead of a map in the virtual tour we would need a module progression bar.
A few other minor design changes.

Attachments area
Preview YouTube video Virtual training environments in online cabin crew training

no avatar
benji33
Kolor Team

Info

by benji33 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:32 am

At this time there is no ability to do the same directly from a Panotour export. but it's possible with manual code edit of course, with HTML5/JS plugins and krpano code.
Benjamin