Feature request: spots with custom text boxes  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
no avatar
CeP

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Feature request: spots with custom text boxes

by CeP » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:26 pm

Hello,
one of the virtual tours I made features spots placed on various interesting objects visible in the tour. Each object has some information provided (a kind of description) that should be displayed when related spot is clicked. Since I haven't found a dedicated plugin (box) for this, I implemented it with Website Box and created a simple web page for each of the objects. This worked fine until the client requested offline version of the tour - naturally my solution stopped working then ;)

Therefore I'd like to submit a feature request: I'd like to have an option to add something like a Website box to the project that is triggered by a click on a spot and would display whatever information is bind to the spot (in my case a header and plain text field would work just fine, but I can imagine more complex functionality). But in the simplest form it should be something like a text zone binded to a spot rather than a panorama.

All the best and thanks for a great software,
Česlav

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

Re: Feature request: spots with custom text boxes

by Annis » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:47 pm

You can display local .html files through website boxes, so you can access the content you created offline too. You simply need to view the tour through a local webserver to function correctly.

Otherwise, you can also have your point hotspots open hotspot descriptions (create a description plugin, in the hotspot style: actions > Description > Display current spot description).

The description field does not currently allow you to add an image from the GUI but you can add that in the .xml.

no avatar
CeP

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by CeP » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:59 pm

Hi Annis,
I cannot use local webserver, because my client want's to have the tour in Panotour Viewer app on its iPad and be able to present it everywhere (bussiness meetings, conventions etc.) without having to worry about Internet connection. I will try the "description plugin" suggestion, thanks!

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:41 pm

CeP wrote:Hi Annis,
I cannot use local webserver, because my client want's to have the tour in Panotour Viewer app on its iPad and be able to present it everywhere (bussiness meetings, conventions etc.) without having to worry about Internet connection. I will try the "description plugin" suggestion, thanks!

You might look at the Notifications plugin: http://dev.alexpopov.me/

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 444 posts
Info

by Annis » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:44 pm

Panotour viewer is a webserver. You can use the local html files in your offline tour that will be viewed through PTViewer.