Leap finger functionality  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
no avatar
prazanjj

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Leap finger functionality

by prazanjj » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:04 am

I love using Leap Motion for viewing panoramas but there are a couple of things I think would improve the experience. When you are using a single finger to move around the panorama, it works fine, but you can't zoom in or out. I think if you made it so that if you make a circle with your finger clockwise, it zooms in, and if you rotate it counterclockwise, it zooms out. Also, if there are hotspots in the panorama, by holding your finger over them for a couple of seconds, a little circle forms on the screen to show you want to click, then keep holding and it acts as a mouseclick. I think that would be very intuitive and would really improve the way Leap interacts with a panorama.

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

Re: Leap finger functionality

by Destiny » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:53 am

Hi.. What device are you using... Do you not have the Pinch option..??? Spread your Thumb and Forefinger to zoom in and opposite to zoom out..

Destiny..

no avatar
prazanjj

Topic author
Info

by prazanjj » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:21 pm

So in KolorEyes 1.3 I drag in a panoramic image and it opens with no problem. With the leap motion plugged in, I click on the menu button at the bottom of the screen, then Leap Motion. In that screen I can choose either Hands or Finger. What I want is Finger. This shows a white area on the screen that shows where I am pointing. I can move up, down, left, and right this way but I cant zoom in. Pinching doesnt seem to do anything. Also, I would like to be able to hover over a button and select it when I hold my finger over the button for a second or two.

no avatar
prazanjj

Topic author
Info

by prazanjj » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:53 pm

I am referring to a single panoramic image, not a video. Is it possible to make a panoramic VR file so that you can zoom in by making a circle with your finger in a clockwise motion and zoom out by circling counterclockwise?

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:13 pm

prazanjj wrote:I am referring to a single panoramic image, not a video. Is it possible to make a panoramic VR file so that you can zoom in by making a circle with your finger in a clockwise motion and zoom out by circling counterclockwise?

No, not via the PT/PTP GUI anyway.