Custom Description layout for points  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
farrokh

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Custom Description layout for points

by farrokh » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:42 pm

Hi,
We are some architects new to this virtual tour world! After playing with panotour pro we have noticed that this program has the potential to become our tours foundation. However we have some demands to make our tours unique in design (we architects never satisfy with what has been offered to us in first place!). We are going to have some hotspots on our tours with some special popup content boxes. to clarify my mean, I'm going to attach some images to this post:

normal state:

Mouse hover state (only in desktop, mobile devices wont have this future):

Clicked state(in mobile devices last state will embeded to this one):

descriptions with image galleries:

pressing speaker icon and playing narration:

In addition we are planning to have very huge number of points in our tour (these tours are for urban design purposes). What do you suggest to handle these situation better? Do you think we should have one panorama per file with external links or merged all 200-300 panorama into a single file and inter-linking them? or maybe a data base which could handle all the connection and data?

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

Re: Custom Description layout for points

by mediavets » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:07 pm

farrokh wrote:Hi,
We are some architects new to this virtual tour world! After playing with panotour pro we have noticed that this program has the potential to become our tours foundation. However we have some demands to make our tours unique in design (we architects never satisfy with what has been offered to us in first place!). We are going to have some hotspots on our tours with some special popup content boxes. to clarify my mean, I'm going to attach some images to this post:

normal state:

Mouse hover state (only in desktop, mobile devices wont have this future):

Clicked state(in mobile devices last state will embeded to this one):

I don't understand what you mean about mobile devices.
descriptions with image galleries:

may be possible using Website box plugins.
pressing speaker icon and playing narration:

may be possible using Website box plugins.
In addition we are planning to have very huge number of points in our tour (these tours are for urban design purposes). What do you suggest to handle these situation better? Do you think we should have one panorama per file with external links or merged all 200-300 panorama into a single file and inter-linking them? or maybe a data base which could handle all the connection and data?

Which ever approach you take there will be multiple files per tour.

farrokh

Topic author
Info

by farrokh » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:29 pm

mediavets thanks for your reply.
by mobile devices I mean devices with 4-10 inch screens (cell phones and tablets).
correct me if I'm wrong; If we are going to use website box plugin then we have to make separate html pages for each description. I've just looking for some possibilities to make a plugin that we could input those values in the panotour itself.
About multiple files per tour, in the case where there are multiple files how can we link those points without opening a new page in the browser? I assume opening an external link in the tours would force the browser to reload in order to open that link.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:40 pm

farrokh wrote:mediavets thanks for your reply.
by mobile devices I mean devices with 4-10 inch screens (cell phones and tablets).
correct me if I'm wrong; If we are going to use website box plugin then we have to make separate html pages for each description.

Correct.
I've just looking for some possibilities to make a plugin that we could input those values in the panotour itself.

It's not easy to create plugins. You may wish to contact Alex Popov who has created several plugins to see if he could make what you want:
http://dev.alexpopov.me/

About multiple files per tour, in the case where there are multiple files how can we link those points without opening a new page in the browser? I assume opening an external link in the tours would force the browser to reload in order to open that link.

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.
If all the panos/scenes are in one tour then the browser is not reloaded.
If you link to a scene in a different tour then it will reload the page.

farrokh

Topic author
Info

by farrokh » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:47 pm

mediavets wrote:I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.

So we have to put all the panos/scenes in a single tour to prevent browser from reloading. The main question is this: Is it logical to put all those 200-300 points in a single tour. Can panotour handle this situation?

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:22 pm

farrokh wrote:
mediavets wrote:I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.

So we have to put all the panos/scenes in a single tour to prevent browser from reloading. The main question is this: Is it logical to put all those 200-300 points in a single tour. Can panotour handle this situation?

It can - others have made tours with this many scenes and more, but you have to approach it in a particular way.

The bigger challenge may be designing a navigation scene that works with so many scenes, especially on mobiles and tablets; at present none of the plugins is responsive.