Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:08 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Panotour and Oculus VR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:19 am 

Hello,

I see there are possibilities to make 360° videos available with Oculus VR.
However, how could I use my panotour visits with Oculus? Is there any options or plugin soon available?
If it doesn't exist yet, it could great as well!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:36 pm 

gbv30120 wrote:
Hello,

I see there are possibilities to make 360° videos available with Oculus VR.
However, how could I use my panotour visits with Oculus? Is there any options or plugin soon available?
If it doesn't exist yet, it could great as well!

To split screen for a single spherical panorama to see it in Occulus is "easy" (http://krpano.com/stereo3d/#top)
But to see a full tour in occulus is another tricky task : How to navigate from a scene to another ? Does all plugins and spots disappear ? etc etc...

We all, you and kolor, have to think about how the interface between the user and the tour should be done while the user has a HMD (Head Mounted Device) in front of his eyes.

Gérald

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:16 pm 

I was wondering the same thing. I work for a university and we're building our own campus tour and trail guide using Panotour. It would be wonderful to have the tour viewable via. the Oculus at college fairs.

I see that one company has a solution, see video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RMNY1R ... e=youtu.be It's toward the end of the video where they show how navigation is achieved.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:54 pm 

bdd wrote:
How to navigate from a scene to another ? Does all plugins and spots disappear ? etc etc...

We all, you and kolor, have to think about how the interface between the user and the tour should be done while the user has a HMD (Head Mounted Device) in front of his eyes.

I would love to see an early implementation of Oculus support, even if it´s only experimental.

Navigation - how to navigate from one scene to another:
- Look and lean forward
- Look for 2 secs (as in the CNN video)
- Voice command (well, that´s for v2.0)
- Gestures using Leap Motion
- Key strokes/mouse button / presenter button

Anyway - just get it out quick with some simple options, and we can all start testing and give proper feedback on how to improve it.

And remember to include livepano!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:32 am 
Administrator

One note: we have occulus and leap motion support on Kolor Eyes Desktop for displaying 360 video and the good feature is that it supports also 360 stills images. So just drag'n'drop a bunch of 360video and images and it will loop over them in the oculus.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:34 am 

AlexandreJ wrote:
One note: we have occulus and leap motion support on Kolor Eyes Desktop for displaying 360 video and the good feature is that it supports also 360 stills images. So just drag'n'drop a bunch of 360video and images and it will loop over them in the oculus.

Can you think of a good way to view single/sequecial livepano scenes? I guess the simplest solution would be to export the whole scene to a full 360 video in some way.