Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:21 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:20 am 

Hey folks, big hello from the Netherlands. Yes new kid in town. Be easy on me please. :)
Started working on panoramas for almost a year now and still working on tricks of the trade, apart from what Google Street has to offer. No offense to GTPs of course.

Anyway back to the question - Curious if anyone here know how these guys was able to embed a YouTube video onto their Panorama which was a Gigapixel pano I think, shot with Kolor's Panogear head. I think that'll open much greater opportunity to actually host the video content elsewhere rather than throwing a .mov file onto ftp folder which would normally take up huge amount of space, especially if we want quality HD clips. I think the intergration would be a great addition if possible, but I don't see that option on the Video Hotspot Editor.. just thought there was.

Would it be a feature we can look forward to maybe? YouTube or Vimeo URL link into Video Hotspot pls! I'm just curious how they did this...

http://www.redbull.pl/cs/Satellite/pl_P ... 3051318018

Any tip greatly welcomed.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:52 am 

360fotoshoot wrote:
Hey folks, big hello from the Netherlands. Yes new kid in town. Be easy on me please. :)
Started working on panoramas for almost a year now and still working on tricks of the trade, apart from what Google Street has to offer. No offense to GTPs of course.

Anyway back to the question - Curious if anyone here know how these guys was able to embed a YouTube video onto their Panorama which was a Gigapixel pano I think, shot with Kolor's Panogear head. I think that'll open much greater opportunity to actually host the video content elsewhere rather than throwing a .mov file onto ftp folder which would normally take up huge amount of space, especially if we want quality HD clips. I think the intergration would be a great addition if possible, but I don't see that option on the Video Hotspot Editor.. just thought there was.

Would it be a feature we can look forward to maybe? YouTube or Vimeo URL link into Video Hotspot pls! I'm just curious how they did this...

http://www.redbull.pl/cs/Satellite/pl_P ... 3051318018

Any tip greatly welcomed.

This tour is a flash only tour coded directly in krpano code.
It uses a youtube flash plugin.

Gérald

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:22 am 

Thanks for the quick reply bdd. I'm hopeless with this coding thing. I've tried KRPano Tools and couldn't make much sense of it's user interface and thus affecting its usability. And I still cannot make much sense of HTML5 or Flash or Lightning. :) But would it be a possible feature in PTP for future update you think? Or maybe something out of this world if requested as added feature to the gods of coding within Kolor.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:46 am 

360fotoshoot wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply bdd. I'm hopeless with this coding thing. I've tried KRPano Tools and couldn't make much sense of it's user interface and thus affecting its usability. And I still cannot make much sense of HTML5 or Flash or Lightning. :) But would it be a possible feature in PTP for future update you think? Or maybe something out of this world if requested as added feature to the gods of coding within Kolor.

Have you yet explored what you can do with the Web video viewer plugin?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:24 pm 

360fotoshoot wrote:

We are trying to do something like that.
To be able to place whatever web content in a distorded spot.
As soon as we succeed to do it, it will be in a release of Panotour Pro.

Gérald

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:33 pm 

bdd wrote:

We are trying to do something like that.
To be able to place whatever web content in a distorded spot.
As soon as we succeed to do it, it will be in a release of Panotour Pro.

Gérald

I hope the team is not far away from achieving this goal Gerald. Probably more a matter of licensing and tracking permission from (YouTube / Vimeo alike) content creators for existing videos to be embedded within the panorama context. Looking forward to the marriage of Social Media within Panotours!