I want a lookto option for point spots  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
no avatar
jschrader

Topic author
Liked in: 3 posts
Info

I want a lookto option for point spots

by jschrader » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:03 am

I'm using hotspots in a panorama to explain certain technical elements of complex machinery.
The hotspots open website boxes with videos, images and text.
It is desirable that when a hotspot is clicked, that area of the panorama gets centered on the screen (and probably even zoomed to) similar to the "lookto" that one can activate with a simpe click when using a pointspot to navigate to another panorama.
I know that it is a simple tag in the xml, and if implemented in the GUI it would greatly help to emphasize tours without need to dig in the guts of PTP generated xmls. (Especially in large tours that are constantly edited manual editing for known reasons is not an option at all).

klausesser

Liked in: 59 posts
Info

Re: I want a lookto option for point spots

by klausesser » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:08 am

jschrader wrote:I'm using hotspots in a panorama to explain certain technical elements of complex machinery.
The hotspots open website boxes with videos, images and text.
It is desirable that when a hotspot is clicked, that area of the panorama gets centered on the screen (and probably even zoomed to) similar to the "lookto" that one can activate with a simpe click when using a pointspot to navigate to another panorama.
I know that it is a simple tag in the xml, and if implemented in the GUI it would greatly help to emphasize tours without need to dig in the guts of PTP generated xmls. (Especially in large tours that are constantly edited manual editing for known reasons is not an option at all).

Hi Jürgen!

Afaik the pano by default centers on the hotspot and zooms to it for transition when you click the spot!
So i guess it must work also without transition but calling a label or so . .

best to you, Klaus
(besides: CubicConverter indeed did the trick!! =D :cool: )

benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 145 posts
Info

Re: I want a lookto option for point spots

by benji33 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:21 am

With source transition : "zoom in on the spot" on the hotspot action of the spot which goes to the same panorama ?

You're right some simple action must be implemented to offer way to reach some positions. It's into our tasks list.