custom autotour  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
pbetancourt

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

custom autotour

by pbetancourt » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:12 pm

It would be nice to have control over parameters such as zoom, pan and view and time on autotour. Even to stop for some seconds in some place and then move to another view on the same pano, as it was implemented in Google's tour of Abbey Road studios. Maybe a timeline to record all the actions as in Pano2VR 5.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 113 posts
Info

Re: custom autotour

by mediavets » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:53 pm

pbetancourt wrote:It would be nice to have control over parameters such as zoom, pan and view and time on autotour. Even to stop for some seconds in some place and then move to another view on the same pano, as it was implemented in Google's tour of Abbey Road studios. Maybe a timeline to record all the actions as in Pano2VR 5.

This sort of timeline-based 'scripted' tour both within and between panoramas, with the addition of a synched audio track or tracks this is someting that has been requested many times over several years with no response from Kolor to date other than the current Autotour feature.

pbetancourt likes this post.

pbetancourt

Topic author
Info

by pbetancourt » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:34 pm

Maybe now that other software has introduced the ability to do it forces Kolor to put this as a priority? Hopefully the alliance with Gopro also gives the team more resources to work with.

Destiny

Liked in: 75 posts
Info

by Destiny » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:32 pm

Hi... In my view Kolor have been very slow in adopting this feature, but they only had 3 people working on PTP and probably only 2 at some stage.. Its probably a very complicated process to add this feature but nevertheless, it PTP really needs it..

PTP is falling behind with so much that is happening with other software.. I am hoping now that GoPro are behind Kolor, things will change very quickly...

My own ideas on an Autonomous Tour, can be see in this graphic I made over 2 years ago.. There the user would have the option to add auto, video or text info etc at given points within the Tour. A Wait-Time-Delay # sec's and so much more.. The path should be as easy as using a Poly Line and easy to edit by dragging it and adding a Node.. I really doubt if my dream will become a reality but we might seem something on this theme in the next version of PTP..

I feel that the new PTP again will not be Storyboarded correctly again, resulting in more missed opportunities and features. It has been apparent to me since the first Alpha and Beta testing that PTP was not storyboarded resulting in basic missing features like Pano Specific buttons and other Pano Specific features like Rain/Snow.... These missing features caused many issues for a long time..

In my view, nothing should be done with PTP V3 until it has been all worked out on paper and correctly Storyboarded.. What if scenarios should be talked about.. Even to this day the Gallery Thumb Plugin does not have that feature is suggest it should have..

I guess the programers did what they could with limited resources. I have always said that PTP is the Jewel in the Kolor software, yet it has been supported by only 3 programers. That is no where enough in my opinion. Kolor spread themselves out far too thinly branching out into so many pies, before fixing up the other pies..

Destiny..
Attachments
Autonomous-1.jpg

Cliquetsy likes this post.

RS360VTS

Info

by RS360VTS » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:28 pm

Hi,
I could not agree more.
I requested just a simple change so that we can stop any scene in a tour at any preset point and move to the next scene on autotour round a year ago. I still need this feature, but the extra points you have raised are also very useful. We can only hope it is in development for a future release. I have a customer who has been waiting for over a year for a solution. At present my only solution is to offer a Tourweaver tour. I am loath to do this as I do not have an updated version of Tourweaver, and it would mean having to go back to a Flash based tour.
RS

benji33
Kolor Team

Liked in: 86 posts
Info

by benji33 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:28 pm

A timeline editor must be added to performe all the possible features of an autotour. Only on draft for the moment.

pbetancourt likes this post.

pbetancourt

Topic author
Info

by pbetancourt » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:59 am

At present my only solution is to offer a Tourweaver tour

RS, you may want to try the Pano2VR beta to do that, it seems very well implemented. The software is more difficult to learn than PTP, and the output quality, loadings, and smoothness are not as good as PTP, but you can do almost everything you want, without coding. You can really customize your skin, hotspots and behaviors, which is not the case with PTP.
I still love the simplicity of PTP, and the quality is just superb, but it would be nice to have more powerfull tools to customize things on the GUI.

Return to Panotour Future