3D objects  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
no avatar
gabrielefx

3D objects

by gabrielefx » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:10 am

I would like to use 3d objects surrounded by a 360 pano (HDR)

I understand this is a feature not related with 360 degrees panoramas but many 2d software like Photoshop or AE have integrated a lot of functions to use 3d objects.

I see on the web many webgl experiments but now it's impossible to find a professional authoring tool to develop 2d+3d multimedia presentations.

I use Ventuz to create 3d standalone presentations that run on windows platform only.
It would be nice to have a tool that uses web browsers to show panoramas, 3d objects, audio, video, etc.

regards

Destiny

Re: 3D objects

by Destiny » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:35 am

Not really sure what you are referring to with 3D and HDR or even what you are trying to do... The HDR has to be 16bit bit map but the 3D doesn't matter since it can be independent of the pano..

What is AE... ?? It seems you know you can export 3D out of Photoshop as object or even a DAE, which are about the only useable export options.. Forget WEBGL since it sluggish and there are no real protocols to support it.. In time this will change.

With Ventuz, I do not see any point since its narrow platform supported...

3D can be ambiguous in its meaning since it really depends on what you are wanting to do.. Firstly, take away the 2D element in this since there is no such thing in reality except as a visual representation of what we as human have invented.. There is nothing in reality that is 2D as in two dimentional.

But saying that you can still represent 2D in a 3D environment as a visual. Such as a graphic media wall. This is possible but needs considerations.. As for 3D object viewing on a computer, its in reality an illusion but still provides for the interpretation of 3D....

For me I would use JavaScript or JQuery to present 3D in a Virtual Tour since it can be compatible with all hardware options..

Destiny..

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:26 pm

gabrielefx wrote:I would like to use 3d objects surrounded by a 360 pano (HDR)

I understand this is a feature not related with 360 degrees panoramas but many 2d software like Photoshop or AE have integrated a lot of functions to use 3d objects.

I see on the web many webgl experiments but now it's impossible to find a professional authoring tool to develop 2d+3d multimedia presentations.

I use Ventuz to create 3d standalone presentations that run on windows platform only.
It would be nice to have a tool that uses web browsers to show panoramas, 3d objects, audio, video, etc.

regards

Do you want to have a 3D-object inside a virtual sphere being able to move around the object? Or do you want to just rotate the object inside the pano, but not moving the background in sync?
Is your goal to "fly" a camera around the object with the background moving in sync like it´s in nature?

Klaus

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:27 pm

Destiny wrote:What is AE... ??

AE = AfterEffects (Adobe).

Klaus

no avatar
gabrielefx

by gabrielefx » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:08 pm

Hi all,

the idea is to integrate the panoramas with 3d using for example this framework:
http://www.babylonjs.com/

then we can show a multimedia presentation not only based on photos but with 3d objects too.

I'm sure that 3d can be overlaid on panoramas using alpha.

regards

Destiny

by Destiny » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:54 pm

I have seen this site before... As I said, webgl is early days...

Destiny...

Return to Panotour Future