Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:01 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:25 pm 

I would like to have an option to use the Website Box for viewing floor plans with an option to use deep linking..

This would allow the use of JQuery and JS assets easily.. But unless a url can deep link within the Tour, it would not be useful...
I do not see why not since deep linking is possible.. Its just a matter of knowing the suffix url string..
The option to add a Floor Plan at the moment, only allows for graphic.. A second option would need to be added..

Also... I would like to see many more options in how the Website Box appears into the Tour.. Since the Website Box has far more uses than I would suggest it was designed for, more options will be needed as new ideas for its use emerge..

This would be higher-order media use.. I have it kind of working but my issue is, the Interactive Floor Plans open like a Russian Doll.. Inside/inside/inside until not possible...

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/2Dma ... Plans.html

Destiny..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:22 pm 

Destiny wrote:
This would allow the use of JQuery and JS assets easily.. But unless a url can deep link within the Tour, it would not be useful...
I do not see why not since deep linking is possible.. Its just a matter of knowing the suffix url string..

Deep-linking is not the solution in this case.
The suffix given thru the share plugin, will open a new webpage, and you will loose your current player and your current tour.
You can already communicate thru JS calls with the inside of the player and load a new panorama without leaving the current page and the current player.
It is what is done with the HTML5 Panorama Menu.

You can have a look at the attached file. It is an HTML template you can use in PTP. Just open the "User directory" through PTP GUI, and copy the attached file into the "html" subdirectory.
This HTML template creates thumbnails outside the player. A click on a thumbnail will open the correspondind panorama into the player above.
Beware, this template is just a quick test. Currently it does work only if a HTML5 plugin is also embedded into the tour. Some "script"s are not included by default into this template.

Gérald

Attachments:
File comment: HTML template displaying thumbnails outside the player
external_thumbnails.zip [1.47 KiB]
Downloaded 15 times

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:02 am 

Hey Gérald, I think you forgot to attach the file.. ;)

Destiny..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:30 am 

Destiny wrote:
Hey Gérald, I think you forgot to attach the file.. ;)

Destiny..

Sorry, I did not see that the ".html" extension was not allowed for attached files.
I zipped it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:42 am 

Thank you I got that.. But before I kill my brain cells off.. I have seen this suggested syntax error on the kolor code before, can I assume its not an error...

Destiny...

Attachments:
syntax.jpg
syntax.jpg [ 156.96 KiB | Viewed 309 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:49 pm 

Destiny wrote:
Thank you I got that.. But before I kill my brain cells off.. I have seen this suggested syntax error on the kolor code before, can I assume its not an error...

Destiny...

This file, even if suffixed with ".html" file, is not an HTML file. It is a template for an HTML file.
PTP will use it to generate a valid HTML file.

The "syntax error" is on a Django syntax line.
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/r ... /builtins/

Gérald

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:04 am 

Yes Gérald, I understand that now.. The template file is really interesting.. The options open to users is really quite amazing..

However, not so sure that this is the answer either..
http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/2Dma ... lans2.html

After a lot of thought.. I feel that IF the WebSite Box Auto Opened and Closed Full Screen, meaning the Website Box button option goes to full screen within the current browser window, and on opening a New Pano, it would then Exit/Close the full screen on the previous pano before opening the Website Box with the new Pano.. Then the process could begin again.. I am sure this could be done via code.. The option to have the Website Box Auto Open at Full Screen, I have requested via the feature request a while back..

The secret in getting this to work would be to Auto GoTo FullScreen Website Box and Auto Exit and Close WebSite Box on open New Website Box media content...

Destiny..

Attachments:
DeepLiningProcess.jpg
DeepLiningProcess.jpg [ 253.92 KiB | Viewed 284 times ]