Control Bar Editor  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
no avatar
pbetancourt

Control Bar Editor

by pbetancourt » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:46 pm

I understand that control bar can be customized at a certain point from the "style" window. Also the icons can be replaced at a finder/explorer level, and even is possible to recall this bar as a template for future uses.
But trying to change the size, position, background, etc is very difficult for non-coders like me, because you need to edit the .tmpl file (if i'm right).
Having a control bar editor where you can introduce icons, build polygons, add text, and change their position, size, alpha and behavior, all of them in layers; would be great. I've been a user of Pano2vr and it's the main reason I like that software very much. I think your software is more intuitive and easy to work with, and the quality of krpano viewer is far better that Pano2vr's one. Also it plays smoother and loads faster. These were the reasons because I bought Panotour Pro.
and I'm very happy with it.
So that's my guess for the next version or upgrade!
Happy new year!

Pablo

Destiny

Re: Control Bar Editor

by Destiny » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:01 pm

Hi Pablo

I have requested a Theme Editor but was never acknowledged by Kolor.. It would be a new software I am guessing or a big plugin... You are right, for a none coder its not easy partially with the new PTP V2+ xml structure... Its still very doable so I suggest for now to try to get your head round the code.. Its not as hard as you might think.. To be honest, the the most time consuming part is creating the graphics.. To create an entire theme, there is a lot of work.. So its not going to be practical to create a theme just for one clients, unless that client wants to pay for a unique theme due to having many panos Tours and needs a Theme of their very own, but I would guess that mostly it would be YOUR UNIQUE THEME which distinguishes you and your work... Its no harder to do than 1.8, the main difference being that now you can keep your own User content in the directory to call on anytime which is a fantastic +++... To be honest, I have stopped editing my own themes until the final release.. I found it too frustrating to wonder if it was what I had done or it was a bug..

Destiny..

no avatar
pbetancourt

by pbetancourt » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:25 am

Hi Destiny,
Yep, I'll need to go inside the code, so probably I'll be asking you and the guys here how to deal with it. As you mentioned, it's hard to charge a client for this extra effort, that's why having a GUI to do it would be very helpful. I noticed that kolor has made a great job with the customizing options on "control" plugins, where you can add buttons an apply to them a lot of actions (unfortunately dragging or zooming the pano are not available). So I guess it wouldn't be too difficult for them to enhace this option a little bit.

Destiny

by Destiny » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:00 am

Hi.. what do you mean.. Drag and zoom.. If its related to the Tablet, the new krpano code allows you to multi zoom in and drag the pano.. The secret weapon in PTP is the krpano coding.. Klaus of krpano has made a lot of things possible with PTP V2..

What I suggest you do, is to create a set of theme images you want to use.. Avoid drop shadows.. You need to make sure your assets conform to protocols of the code.. Such as the menu buttons are 2:1 to they mouse over correctly.. They do not have to be the same size as any other theme but you need to make that the over state is the same parameters as the up state, then edit the code accordingly...

Here below I made some using 1.8, the pain with using my own theme in 1.8, if I made ANY changes to my Tour, I would have to add my own xml code.. Painful.. But now, Kolor has made the process very simple.. I have always stated that the true power of PTP is in its ability to expand and edit the code.. PTP V2 has embraced this very important need... I should suggest that PTP V2 is a start but a good one.. I can see it being developed into something quite amazing... Kolor tries hard to embrues the needs of users but it needs to do a lot more.. I have many ideas but some I would not expect to see for a long time... PTP V2 is without doubt a world class Virtual Tour software which can only get better.. .. Once all the bugs are removed.. :lol:

This one I tried to embody my own cultural background so I created them in the This theme.. I am very happy with them but I need to add more to create an entire theme set.. Lots more work...
http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/menub ... ltour.html

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/menub ... wSet2.html

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/menub ... nSet5.html

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/menub ... /Set7.html

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/menub ... odern.html

This one is a silly test of all kinds of media.. With the new PTP you can use the Coloured Area and also the Header and Footer to add even more cold stuff.. http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/menub ... asSet.html

Destiny..

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:08 am

pbetancourt wrote:Hi Destiny,
Yep, I'll need to go inside the code, so probably I'll be asking you and the guys here how to deal with it. As you mentioned, it's hard to charge a client for this extra effort, that's why having a GUI to do it would be very helpful. I noticed that kolor has made a great job with the customizing options on "control" plugins, where you can add buttons an apply to them a lot of actions (unfortunately dragging or zooming the pano are not available). So I guess it wouldn't be too difficult for them to enhance this option a little bit.

Some control icons are automatically omitted from control bars when you view from tablets that support multi-touch UIs as they are irrelevant in that scenario...is that what you are referring to?

no avatar
pbetancourt

by pbetancourt » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:31 pm

Hi Destiny & Mediavets
I'm sorry for my english.
I was referring to the buttons you can add from the plugins library. They can be simple or two-stage buttons (toggle ones) and are inside a plugin area called "Controls" by PP2's interface. I was surprised finding that you can add almost every action to these buttons, such as show or hide maps, descriptions, images, video; enter or exit fullscreen, go to next panorama, autorotate, etc; but you cannot create a control bar-like button, such as moving to the left, right, up and down, or zooming in or out. Which are (for me) the two most important control for viewers. What I was trying to say was that I don't find that complicated for Kolor's team to create a GUI for customizing control bar design and actions, since they have made a similar job with these "control" buttons.

Hey Destiny! you have done a great job customizing yours. Thanks for sharing.
I'll ask you on "using Panotour Pro" forum about how to do it.
Many thanks!

no avatar
Peter Stephens

by Peter Stephens » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:42 pm

I too would be interested in a control bar editor of some sort, if this could be incorporated into Panotour Pro that would be awesome. It would also be good if we could have control over which buttons on the control bars are disabled for html5 as at the moment some aren't working. I understand why they aren't working, but it would be nice for us to decide if they should be used or not.

Peter

no avatar
desert guy

by desert guy » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:11 pm

+1 for me, I would appreciate this feature.

Return to Panotour Future