Floating Website Box..  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
Destiny

Floating Website Box..

by Destiny » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:57 am

Hi..

During the first Alpa tests, I put in for a feature request where the Kolor WebSight box could float, meaing it would travel with the pano, in effect fixed to the pano, similar to the movie polygon option which moves with the pano.

I realise that this feature request will not be part of the PTP V2, but it is my hope that it is added to the next build.. This thread is really to drive home the importance of this feature for so many reasons..

The Kolor WebSite Box is one of the most useful new tools built into PTP V2, however, I feel it needs this option to add even more usefulness to this feature..

Destiny...

benji33
Kolor Team

Re: Floating Website Box..

by benji33 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:08 am

Hi,
Not the draggable option but attached to a point of the panorama ?

Destiny

by Destiny » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:06 am

Yes Benjamin.. Like LivePano, attached, or a Video over a TV.. If an actual hotspot can be attached to the pano and move with the pano, then It might be possible for a WebsiteBox or even a VideoBox linked/attached to the actual pano..

Examples of use..

Placed over a TV screen within the Tour, providing full control via a video player within the iFrame/html page allowing for full streaming of video therefore better viewing options and audio control..

Still under experimental stage, a 3D object could be extracted from the scene providing the illusion that its part of the pano, using a transparent WebSite Box.. http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/3D-J ... oject.html

.. or even a different kind of LivePano.. Using the WebsiteBox.. Full streaming video with or without control, no looping as it is now.. Extract a background matching the Video, then placed that into the pano to match the pano background at beast as possible.. but it this could be facilitated better.. >>>>

A while back during Alpha testing I requested that a Polygon be place using user defined sizes, and place using a centre node for exact placement.. if the background of the first frame in the video can be seen, then it will be a lot easier.. Simply drag polygon into place as with a WebsiteBox.. A the moment, the polygon is very hard to place and if its wrong, even harder to correct manually. It can be done more accurately using the xml xy code but thats hard too..

This feature I feel could open up a door of all kinds of options. This would be a higher-oder feature.

Destiny..

benji33
Kolor Team

by benji33 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:41 am

It's the distored option which is difficult to implement in this case. But yes it's an idea ;)

Destiny

by Destiny » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:15 pm

Its the distortion factor which I thought that might be the major issue.. I thought that the Website Box needs to cast a kind of shadow image cast over the pano which is the reference to where the website box will be set.. The shadow needs to be an actual alpha image. At least you see what I am suggesting.. ;) If you really think about it, you might appreciate the door it can open to huge possibilities.. It would most certainly fix a few old issues too.. I am sure a smart Kolor programer can make it work.. ;)

Destiny..

Destiny

by Destiny » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:01 pm

.... multiple streaming LivePano made easy... ;) LivePano is not effected by the distortion factor when viewed in the actual Tour... That uses a similar techniques to what I suggest. The use of a shadow image is only to acquire the XY location where the WebsiteBox will sit.. The distortion is then not an issue since the WebsiteBox replaces the shadow image, in location coordinate only.. I guess another word that cold be used rather than a shadow image, might be placement map, or Website Box coordinate image.. While moving it over the pano, using a centre node, it would auto distort. When set, the Website Box will take up those XY reference locations.. Perhaps PTP V3... since it's not an easy thing to achieve.. :/

Destiny..

Return to Panotour Future