Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:23 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:46 am 

I have long been disappointed at the sad lack of continuity between the graphic themes of the menus and the hotspots.. There really needs to have a dedicated set of hotspots that actually match the menu theme. That way, the PTP users only has to keep a copy of the menu colour and reproduce this onto the hotspots.. At the moment, many of new hotspots have little to no resemblance to the menus.. Its all a bit of a mismatch...

Also, I would like to see some default buttons, where text of different fonts and colours can be added. It basically just needs a default shape 2D/3D where the same colours as the menu can be added... At the moment there is nothing..

Destiny...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:46 am 
Administrator

Kind of predefined presets ?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:46 pm 

benji33 wrote:

Hey Benji!

Kind of, yes.

My personal view is: PTP2 is overfreighted with competely redundant features - allone zillions of ugly buttons and hotspots - redundant from the viewpoint of a commercial/professional producer.

Existing presets lack any kind of elegance, rather look like coming from a Windowss 98-design one and a half decade ago.

This redundancy leads to a more and more clumsy handling/workflow - which more and more doesn´t even work flawlessly at all. To be honest: i definitely will NOT use PTP2 for serious work as log as i cannot reduce it in a way to become a kind of reliable and professional software which does what i need in a rather focused way. Without bothering me with a nasty appearance.

PTP2 needs to focus MUCH better on features which help producers to desing *elegant* and *perfectly working* presentations. I have a feel PTP2 needs a long way to go for becoming such an app.

PTP1.8 much more *is* such a software . . . . when the user uses some xml-editing - most commercial uers are trained to it meanwhile.

I mean PTP2 is on a way to become a rather amateurishly-gimmicking Jack in the box - which does thousands of things - but non of them really well.

We need a releably working app which we can configure to what we need - and leave all the mickymouse-gimmicks away.

The only *really* advanced feature i discovered so far is LivePano - it makes integrating video-sequences more simple to use . . basically . . . but: does it really?

I´d like to ask: who uses LivePano here commercially? Could you show some examples?

best, Klaus

PS: and i ask you very seriously: keep on maintaining PTP 1.8 !!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:44 am 

Yes Benjamin.. It would provide a lot more options to users.. An entire Theme Set... To be honest, many of the current hotspots are bit over done... however since I know how to make them, I can appreciate the amount of work that went into making them... But on the bright side, the true power of PTP is having the ability to make my own custom Themes unique to any clients needs....

Destiny...

benji33 wrote: