Menu and Naming Request  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
no avatar
Wayne Spence

Menu and Naming Request

by Wayne Spence » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:07 am

Good Day all,

I have 2 requests, i have had quite a few situations in the past and have a client now requesting that the Virtual tour be split into Hotel and Entertainment. What the idea is to have the Panorama Menu at the top list the Virtual Tours but have the option of adding a Menu Item that when clicked on opens a new tab with the other Virtual Tour. I know this is Possible by using the Image Zone Plugin "Logo" and using the same font you can make it look like it is part of the menu but surely this would be very helpful.

The Second is a Request and in some ways i think a bug that has been overlooked. When importing cube faces it would save at least 5 minutes in each Virtual Tour workflow if Kolor could implement a line of code to automatically delete the "_0" from the Cube Faces when imported. Currently when deleting the "_0" from the Cube Face names you have to select the image delete, then check if it did delete and if not delete again. Some images take 3 or 4 tries at deleting before the "_0" is actually properly deleted.

Once again great job Kolor!!!!!

no avatar
Wayne Spence

Re: Menu and Naming Request

by Wayne Spence » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:10 am

oh and for the people i know will ask why do i import cube faces, it is purely for Virtual Tour points that I have shot including the Stand in the Nadir and I need to properly Patch the area. And yes i know there is a Logo Plugin to do this but I prefer coloring the area first.

bdd
Kolor Team

by bdd » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:55 am

Wayne Spence wrote:Good Day all,

I have 2 requests, i have had quite a few situations in the past and have a client now requesting that the Virtual tour be split into Hotel and Entertainment. What the idea is to have the Panorama Menu at the top list the Virtual Tours but have the option of adding a Menu Item that when clicked on opens a new tab with the other Virtual Tour. I know this is Possible by using the Image Zone Plugin "Logo" and using the same font you can make it look like it is part of the menu but surely this would be very helpful.

If you are confident enough in the XML and krpano syntax, just take a look at the generated code in the xxx_skin.xml file when you create a tour with a Panorama menu.
You will see that you can add your own item in the menu and that the action associated to the item can be anything, even a "openurl" call.
So, a "menu" can combine some panoramas, or some call to another virtual tours.

Wayne Spence wrote:The Second is a Request and in some ways i think a bug that has been overlooked. When importing cube faces it would save at least 5 minutes in each Virtual Tour workflow if Kolor could implement a line of code to automatically delete the "_0" from the Cube Faces when imported. Currently when deleting the "_0" from the Cube Face names you have to select the image delete, then check if it did delete and if not delete again. Some images take 3 or 4 tries at deleting before the "_0" is actually properly deleted.

Do you mean to create a default panorama name in which we delete the suffix ?
I open an enhancement on this issue : Bug2620

Gérald

no avatar
Wayne Spence

by Wayne Spence » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:15 am

Hi Gerald,

Firstly thank you for your response, i will definitely take a look at the xml and am quite confident with it!

For example a set of cube faces would be called

Pool Area_0, Pool Area_1, Pool Area_2, Pool Area_3, Pool Area_4, Pool Area_5

Currently PTP 2 takes the name of the First Image Pool Area_0, it should be set that when importing Cube Faces the name should stay Pool Area without the "_0"

I hope this is clear enough!

bdd
Kolor Team

by bdd » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:53 am

Wayne Spence wrote:

For example a set of cube faces would be called

Pool Area_0, Pool Area_1, Pool Area_2, Pool Area_3, Pool Area_4, Pool Area_5

Currently PTP 2 takes the name of the First Image Pool Area_0, it should be set that when importing Cube Faces the name should stay Pool Area without the "_0"

I hope this is clear enough!

Yes, this will be fixed in next beta version.

no avatar
Wayne Spence

by Wayne Spence » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:16 pm

Awesome Thanks

Return to Panotour Future