3d panoramas support  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
no avatar
photorealism

3d panoramas support

by photorealism » Mon May 13, 2013 10:53 pm

Hi kolor.I know it's a feature not usefull to many users but this is a wishlist..some support for viewing 3d panoramas to 3d tvs and ability to choose viewing types would be really helpfull for some of us!something like phereo but for spherical images and gigapixel

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Mon May 13, 2013 11:06 pm

As I understand the whole 3D thing is already on it's decline, not enough source material and not enough added benifit when it comes to communicating a message.
So, no reall interest from here.

I know a Belgium guy did a few projects with 3D panoramas. Don't remember his name though.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

no avatar
photorealism

by photorealism » Tue May 14, 2013 9:56 am

I don't feel the interest in 3d is declining.Sales of 3d displays are rissing with high rates they are not the majority but its a big market.I have been using 3d for a long time and the wow i get from clients can't be achieved with 2d most people do like small kids when they put the glasses on.

Destiny

by Destiny » Tue May 14, 2013 10:14 am

I agree that 3D has huge potential and is not a dead dud media.. The downside is, there are many technical issues, as well as skills and hardware issues... I mostly concentrate on the 3D objects for products after testing out 3D Panos.. There are other threads with this subject..; you might like to do a search.... I have Max, Maya and most of the other 3D high end software since as a teacher I get it all for free to use, but to create a 3D sceen with all the objects.... I would need a Mac Pro... emmm.. I can only dream on.. This Mac I use is not even mine, It belongs to my husband.. I never let him use it. :lol::lol: As soon as I can afford to buy a Mac Pro I will give the 3D media another test... but to be really honest, I would stick mostly with the 2D media and use my 35mm to create high quality 2D panos.. Unfortunately, I cannot use OUR iMac for this, its just not up to it, not enough RAM and I cannot add to it... :rolleyes: One advantage however in using 3D, would be that you can pluck out an object and rotate it as part of the scene.. This would be a very easy task and would look very cool..

Destiny..

photorealism wrote:I don't feel the interest in 3d is declining.Sales of 3d displays are rissing with high rates they are not the majority but its a big market.I have been using 3d for a long time and the wow i get from clients can't be achieved with 2d most people do like small kids when they put the glasses on.
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Tue May 14, 2013 3:53 pm

photorealism wrote:I don't feel the interest in 3d is declining.Sales of 3d displays are rissing with high rates they are not the majority but its a big market.I have been using 3d for a long time and the wow i get from clients can't be achieved with 2d most people do like small kids when they put the glasses on.

We must see 3D as different aspects. 3D im movies is great. So it is in games. But regarding interactive panoramas it definitely is a mess - i saw several demonstrations.
I don´t see how the physical aspects can be overcome: you can´t set a common NPP precisely for two lenses side by side when the camera(s) rotate(s). Parallaxe is inavoidable here.

Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
netline

by netline » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:13 pm

I tend to agree with Klaus on this one!
Canon 60D, Sigma 10-20mm Lens, Nodal Ninja

no avatar
John Roberts

Re: 3d panoramas support

by John Roberts » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:56 am

I think Delores35 seems to misunderstand the specifics of Stereoscopic 3D :lol:

Anyway, I did post a reference to Stereoscopic 3D in the Vip forum.
January this year, I did a test with the kind help of Erik Leeman (the Belgian guy that Hans refers to above). He uses interleaved 3D as the output which can generally only be viewed on Passive or Circular Polarized displays. Test Pan here:

http://27.33.137.47/StereoscopicPanoram ... erior.html

Benji refered me to krpano's adoption of the technology, and I have tested the system for people that want to check it out:

http://27.33.137.47/Panoramic/AstonMart ... ntage.html

Note: the aquisition was rushed, so it has poor exposure, and no Nodal calibration. But at least you can see how it works.

Regards
John.
Last edited by John Roberts on Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Destiny

Re: 3d panoramas support

by Destiny » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:45 am

Really yucky spam, terrible and it will propbably be there all weekend... :(

Destiny

Return to Panotour Future