2buy or not 2buy  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
no avatar
skal

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

2buy or not 2buy

by skal » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:19 am

Hi all,
I found this program and I found it really well done.
The thing I've noticed is that the ptp 2.0 is been since long time announced, but still no news about an official release date.
I've seen that the licence is connected to the major release, so I would like ot avoid to buy the 1.8 versione and then to have to buy an extra for the upgrade. :(

so is it possibile to know the ETA for the 2.0 or to know if i buy now the 1.8, will the upgrade to 2.0 for free?

thankx

SKAL

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:14 pm

Im not from kolor. So I can't give hard facts.
what happened with autopano 2->3 update:
new customers pay the full price
customers from previous releases (bought older version > 6 months ago) had to pay an reduced upgrade fee (with different price for pro and giga version)
customers from previous release (bought last version < 6 months ago) got an free upgrade.

So I think it will be similar with panorour/pro version...
Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ccc23444

Liked in: 6 posts
Info

by ccc23444 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:29 pm

Hi KRpano developers

I have got the same questions as "skal". I want to buy, and I will do it this instant as soon as the fre-upgrade options is announced.
Or tell us how much the upgrade pice is.

Please reply and show yourself - you are doing a good job!!

Jesper, Denmark
Last edited by ccc23444 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
rawtoast

Info

by rawtoast » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:47 pm

I am with the rest. Would love to purchase the software, but I can't bring myself to paying for it plus the upgrade fee back to back if there is to be an update like announced.

Looks like very promising software! Look forward to 2.0 OR hearing that there will not be an upgrade fee.

Cheers!

no avatar
skal

Topic author
Info

by skal » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:48 pm

Hi all,
I'm a little bit disappointed by the behavior of the Kolor people. If the support is the same as the way they answer to the questions on the forum, maybe it is better so look some other solutions?
Does anybody has seen if in the forum the admin, or who else, is answering to the posts, or the support is mantained by the users?
SKAL

gkaefer

Info

by gkaefer » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:18 pm

skal wrote:Hi all,
I'm a little bit disappointed by the behavior of the Kolor people. If the support is the same as the way they answer to the questions on the forum, maybe it is better so look some other solutions?
Does anybody has seen if in the forum the admin, or who else, is answering to the posts, or the support is mantained by the users?
SKAL

no Need to Panic :cool:
yes. I saw them. actually a really huge amount of answers are from kolor staff.
just to mention some of them: ThomasV, renan, Guilhem, AlexandreJ
PS Alexandres account Status "Absolut beginner" is actually a running gag... he's one of the CEOs and founder of kolor.
what is better, living, working & struggling with a buggy unfinished version or waiting until some amount of stability has reached. I prefer the last one. There're certainly also other factors... IE10 with bigger html5 Support is not available until now for Windows7; ist certainly a new krpano Version on the way... so it worth the time to implement the most recent Version into panotour 2.0.

Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
skal

Topic author
Info

by skal » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:32 pm

gkaefer wrote:no Need to Panic :cool:
yes. I saw them. actually a really huge amount of answers are from kolor staff.
just to mention some of them: ThomasV, renan, Guilhem, AlexandreJ
PS Alexandres account Status "Absolut beginner" is actually a running gag... he's one of the CEOs and founder of kolor.
what is better, living, working & struggling with a buggy unfinished version or waiting until some amount of stability has reached. I prefer the last one. There're certainly also other factors... IE10 with bigger html5 Support is not available until now for Windows7; ist certainly a new krpano Version on the way... so it worth the time to implement the most recent Version into panotour 2.0.
Georg

Georg,
thank you for your answare.. I don't panic at all :)
I was just tring to tease a little bit the Kolor people to give us an ETA for the 2.0 release :P

About the bug part, I agree with you 100%, but as far I see, it is since long time people is waiting for the new release, and I think a lot of people will be glad to know how long they have to wait.

Personaly I'm waiting the HTML5 support integrated, since all the tablets use it :)

Anyway we can only wait and see...

SKAL

no avatar
dmitry

Info

by dmitry » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:20 am

I also have the same question as skal, ccc23444, rawtoast and I think many other people reading this threads....
Almost a month have past from the start of the thread and still there is no clear answer for that question :)

Is there going to be a free upgrade option to PTP2.0 for people who will buy PTP1.8 now?

I want to pay for a license of PTP1.8 and start using it but really need to know if I'll get upgraded to PTP2.0 for free.
Because I need HTML5 support which is not available in 1.8 now and paying twice as much is not really a good deal :(

Or should I consider getting Pano2VR?

no avatar
bilstein

Info

by bilstein » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:14 pm

Hi, I know this annoys you this question!

but you have announced an update 6 months ago!
and since we hear nothing!
when can we expect this update? could even speak to one of the responsible?
I must give my predecessors are right, it just reply here mostly user!
apparently it was a duck, and there is no new version. because if you can not finish it, it says simply. then I can look for another software.
not that I want to, but no clear answer is also an answer.

greeting rüdiger :cool:

gkaefer

Info

by gkaefer » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:45 pm

bilstein wrote:Hi, I know this annoys you this question!

but you have announced an update 6 months ago!
and since we hear nothing!
when can we expect this update? could even speak to one of the responsible?
I must give my predecessors are right, it just reply here mostly user!
apparently it was a duck, and there is no new version. because if you can not finish it, it says simply. then I can look for another software.
not that I want to, but no clear answer is also an answer.

greeting rüdiger :cool:

Alexandre even did Change his Profile Status from "Absolute Beginner" to "Koloe CEO":
so here the most recent info about panotour 2.0 - from CEO...:
http://www.kolor.com/forum/p113162-2013-03-15-16-40-09#p113162