Large virtual tour - split / different start panorama's  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
no avatar
Maukoop.nl

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

Large virtual tour - split / different start panorama's

by Maukoop.nl » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:36 am

I got a suggestion/question. May be it is already possible, but I'd like to know if you can create one large virtual tour with multiple "start panoramas" (I refer to the option in PTP: first panorama displayed).

Here's the situation: a client has a large building with several departments for rent. I'd like to create one tour so that visitors can look at the entire complex.

However; on their website they'll describe every department separate per page. On these pages I'd like the visitors start the virtual tour on that particular place. They should have the opportunity to walk through the entire complex, but:

On page 1 describing space 1 - start with pano in space 1
On page 2 describing space 2 - start with pano in space 2
etc. etc.

An option is to create let's say 5 different tours with different index.xml's. However; then I'll have to host the images 5 times which isn't efficient. I'd like to have the option to create multiple indexes within the same image directory so that images, floorplans en menu's are only hosted one time.

I hope I can get some support on this feature. It'll be a great option for the larger tours.
Last edited by Maukoop.nl on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:55 am

Maukoop.nl wrote:I got a suggestion/question. May be it is already possible, but I'd like to know if you can create one large virtual tour with multiple "start panoramas" (I refer to the option in PTP: first panorama displayed).

Here's the situation: a client has a large building with several departments for rent. I'd like to create one tour so that visitors can look at the entire complex.

However; on their website they'll describe every department separate per page. On these pages I'd like the visitors start the virtual tour on that particular place. They should have the opportunity to walk through the entire complex, but:

On page 1 describing space 1 - start with pano in space 1
On page 2 describing space 2 - start with pano in space 2
etc. etc.

An option is to create let's say 5 different tours with different index.xml's. However; then I'll have to host the images 5 times which isn't efficient. I'd like to have the option to create multiple indexes within the same image directory so that images, floorplans en menu's are only hosted one time.

I hope I can get some support on this feature. It'll be a great option for the larger tours.

This functionality is promised for V2.x of Panotour Pro.

In the meantime take a look at this:

http://krpano.com/plugins/userplugins/swfaddress/#top
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
Maukoop.nl

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

by Maukoop.nl » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:58 am

Thank you very much. I'll inspect the plugin for KRPano.