Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:46 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:17 pm 

Hi all. Today i have tried a new workflow. Export to cube faces 10 panoramas it is not a problem, select all them and export...But import...you need to import one by one. and i have a 3,4 ghz i7, take more than 2 minutes for each one.

Feature request...import in batch process?

Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:28 pm 

angutir wrote:
. . take more than 2 minutes for each one.

How big are the faces? ;)

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:49 pm 

klausesser wrote:
angutir wrote:
. . take more than 2 minutes for each one.

How big are the faces? ;)

best, Klaus

About 7.400 x 7.400 px each square. The pano it is about 23.000 px x 11.500 px

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:05 am 

Hi Angutir...

I am a bit confused.. You say.. "Each square".. meaning cube face I assume.. But ptp doesn't import cube faces individually to use as a pano, it imports the entire 6 faces and then turns them into a made up pano for you automatically... Are you using the Import cube face tool...??? I read that you are doing it one by one.. Sorry but you do not do it this way.. I think if you use the tool as in the image below, you will be set to go... ;)

If I put 7,400 X 7,400 as a base image into Photoshop, without any graphics, I get 157meg... 2 mins is a long time but batch processing is the way to go since you could just leave it for few hours.. I am mostly working on about 3-4,000 px at about 50/60meg per cub face but my entire 6 cubes only take seconds to load in ptp, so something might be wrong with your workstation, not sure. Batch processing has been asked for a few times so I would have thought the message has been heard so as a consequence it should be part of the new ptp V2.., we can only hope.. :D

Destiny..

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:53 am 

Destiny wrote:
Hi Angutir...

I am a bit confused.. You say.. "Each square".. meaning cube face I assume.. But ptp doesn't import cube faces individually to use as a pano, it imports the entire 6 faces and then turns them into a made up pano for you automatically... Are you using the Import cube face tool...??? I read that you are doing it one by one.. Sorry but you do not do it this way.. I think if you use the tool as in the image below, you will be set to go... ;)

If I put 7,400 X 7,400 as a base image into Photoshop, without any graphics, I get 157meg... 2 mins is a long time but batch processing is the way to go since you could just leave it for few hours.. I am mostly working on about 3-4,000 px at about 50/60meg per cub face but my entire 6 cubes only take seconds to load in ptp, so something might be wrong with your workstation, not sure. Batch processing has been asked for a few times so I would have thought the message has been heard so as a consequence it should be part of the new ptp V2.., we can only hope.. :D

Destiny..

Sorry for my english...

yes i mean say cube face, i have 10 panorama 360 x 180, select all them, export to cube faces (only one click) Then i get 6 files for each panorama ( total 60 files). Retouch the nadir. Then to import the cube faces panoramas, you must select the 6 files of one panorama, change the position of cubes if it is wrong, wait the process...when finish...go with the next one...select 6 files....etc...

What i am asking for it is....only one click to import the 10 panoramas, selecting the 60 files, one click and start the process, i am assuming that the position of each cube face it is ok, because the number of each one it is the same pattern.

7400x7400x6 take around 1-2 minutes, do you think it is something wrong?

Than you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:23 am 

Hi.. Your English is fine.. ;) but my Spanish is terrible.. :lol:

Sad to say there is no batch processing when importing cube faces in using ptp..

There is another way you might want to consider for later testing..

You can use a krpano Droplet to create cube faces.. I have never done this but apparently you can then use another Droplet to turn the cube faces back into a pano image after you have fixed up your nadir patch.. This might be an option.. In my opinion the guy behind krpano... Klaus/krpano, is a genius.. His coding is just amazing and very advanced.. I have tried using cube faces created using ptp and then use a krpano droplet to turn them back to panos, but for some reason it doesn't like the ptp cube face images.. Not sure why.. I might play with it more.. When using Droplets, you can just do a few and let them do their thing, which is as close to batch processing you can get.. If you stick with Droplet to create cube faces, and Droplets to put back into a pano, it might work better for you, but I am not sure.. However, just imagine the file size of the pano.. HUGE.... You might then have issues loading the 10 panos into ptp. so perhaps stick with what you are doing and wait for ptp V2.. and hope it does batch processing for you..

Destiny..

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:34 am 

Hi Destiny, thank you for you clear explanation, next time i will try with krpano droplets and i will say you how was my experience. Any way i think if this feature it is not in the Ptp maybe it is for some reason technical...

I once tried to make a virtual tour with the Krpano Droplet (one month ago) to try the new skin, but the time process each panorama it is too long...much longer than the Ptp.

Hopefully ptp team work hard to get the new update...And maybe we don't need use droplet anymore.

Best, Antonio

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:34 pm 

Destiny wrote:
You can use a krpano Droplet to create cube faces.. I have never done this but apparently you can then use another Droplet to turn the cube faces back into a pano image after you have fixed up your nadir patch.. This might be an option..

I mean that´s the best way - i made it my standard procedure. Fast and comfortable. You can choose the in- and output filetype independently - you can use even very big images.

best, Klaus