Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:12 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Large Interactive Map
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:36 am 

Hi..

I have tried a few things, including using and editing the xml code from the ptp map plugin, but it did not work too well. :(

One of the things I tried to do within ptp, was add a map and link one hot spot to anther in the attempt to create a kind of Named Anchor from the Map Legend, but you cannot do that.. You cannot place any Named Anchors of any kind. I copied the xml code to try to edit.. The problem in trying to place the xml code for hotspot locations would be the fact that the x,y coordinates of the hot spots are linked to the actual map in full view extended mode, they cannot move as the map is zoomed in and out..

http://www.destinyvirtualtours.com/InteractiveMap/index.html

Anyway.. I feel ptp is in need of a much better map feature where zoomable maps can be added with Named Anchor type feature for easy navigation from the Maps Legend. Even with an option to add image/text rollover hotspots to add more information to the map...

I could do this using Flash.. But it really needs to be made for iDevices too.. I guess JavaScript is a real option too...

Destiny...

emm Just thought, I might be able to add the xml code from a normal hotspot since that is linked to the image and remains to size when zoomed in/out.. :D

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Last edited by Destiny on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.