Things that panotour must have!!  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
no avatar
legendofpersia

Things that panotour must have!!

by legendofpersia » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:38 pm

Greetings Panotourers!

I'm 3d visualizer and been using Panotour to present my final outputs drawn from 3d studio max and V-ray, to clients. Panotour comes very effective when you want your client to feel the environment theme and sense of harmony, gives them freedom of choosing which room to go first and you can affect their point of view by sweet soft or rather thrilling music in accordance with the theme.

but there are numbers of things that are missing and I feel obliged to share these ideas which im sure most are being taken care of as Kolor software designers been thoughtful enough to come up with panotour in first place.

- theres has to be more control for sound effects, i.e theres no option to remove repeat mod in sound spot editor. thats very annoying when u have a object that you want to sound only once.
also users should be able to set sound for hot spots as we click them. for instance when u click on a door, and we're about to move to other panaroma, we can hear a door opening sound. this has great effect on sense of realism of whole project.
- sound timelining can come very handy. there are times which u want few sounds come at specific time only for once, like sound of TV or birds.
- .exe output can come very useful for numbers of us that want to keep our project files private and intact.

-theres a great need for special hotspot which can be called "animated spot". you can specify piece of panaroma, and replace it with animated .gif file. so therefor u can have for instance a room, and a moving aquarium...pretty much like how games operate. this feature can come verrrrrrry handy for 3d visualizers who want to give a walk through tour of designed place. they can instead create panaromas and replace animated parts with .gif files.

- lens flare is always eye candy, so why not make it adjustable in size and numbers of flares? on scenes with lots of halogen lights in ceiling u really want to separate those in distance that ones in front and right above you. Also you really want the sun to hurt eyes.

no avatar
Ivan Majc

by Ivan Majc » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:36 pm

More and more people are visiting web pages so when they are searching one city they "see" something but do nat have a cloue what that is.
ADDING TEXT for different panoramas is MUST.
Second thing is that there should be option for "visiturs" to choose language such as ENG, GER, ITA, etc. This should be option where people who made different panoramas would add text and then "visitours" will choose their own language.

SO TEXT MUST BE OPTION for every panorama, whit choosing color of the "frame, border of the frame, text font, size of text, color of the font AND opacity of the whole frame.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:12 am

Ivan Majc wrote:More and more people are visiting web pages so when they are searching one city they "see" something but do nat have a cloue what that is.
ADDING TEXT for different panoramas is MUST.
Second thing is that there should be option for "visiturs" to choose language such as ENG, GER, ITA, etc. This should be option where people who made different panoramas would add text and then "visitours" will choose their own language.

SO TEXT MUST BE OPTION for every panorama, whit choosing color of the "frame, border of the frame, text font, size of text, color of the font AND opacity of the whole frame.

Hi Ivan!

PanoTour/Pro is an EDITOR for building interactive panoramas. These interactive panoramas need to be integrated in a website´s construction.
The website´s construction (!) must do the things you mention - it´s NOT the duty of PanoTour/Pro.

You wouldn´t expect your camera to export a website with the photos you took with on the web, would you . . . :cool:

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:14 am

legendofpersia wrote:- theres has to be more control for sound effects, i.e theres no option to remove repeat mod in sound spot editor. thats very annoying when u have a object that you want to sound only once.

Sound (hot)spots are intended to provide directional ambient sound. It would make no sense for the sound to play just once.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:18 am

legendofpersia wrote:Greetings Panotourers!

I'm 3d visualizer and been using Panotour to present my final outputs drawn from 3d studio max and V-ray, to clients. Panotour comes very effective when you want your client to feel the environment theme and sense of harmony, gives them freedom of choosing which room to go first and you can affect their point of view by sweet soft or rather thrilling music in accordance with the theme.

but there are numbers of things that are missing and I feel obliged to share these ideas which im sure most are being taken care of as Kolor software designers been thoughtful enough to come up with panotour in first place.

- theres has to be more control for sound effects, i.e theres no option to remove repeat mod in sound spot editor. thats very annoying when u have a object that you want to sound only once.
also users should be able to set sound for hot spots as we click them. for instance when u click on a door, and we're about to move to other panaroma, we can hear a door opening sound. this has great effect on sense of realism of whole project.
- sound timelining can come very handy. there are times which u want few sounds come at specific time only for once, like sound of TV or birds.
- .exe output can come very useful for numbers of us that want to keep our project files private and intact.

-theres a great need for special hotspot which can be called "animated spot". you can specify piece of panaroma, and replace it with animated .gif file. so therefor u can have for instance a room, and a moving aquarium...pretty much like how games operate. this feature can come verrrrrrry handy for 3d visualizers who want to give a walk through tour of designed place. they can instead create panaromas and replace animated parts with .gif files.

- lens flare is always eye candy, so why not make it adjustable in size and numbers of flares? on scenes with lots of halogen lights in ceiling u really want to separate those in distance that ones in front and right above you. Also you really want the sun to hurt eyes.

There are some vital differences between a vido-game and an interactive panorama, that´s for sure . . :D:cool: I guess you mix things here.

Regarding the fact that the Kolor-team afaik originates from game-developing i´m glad they don´t over-freight the app with garbage which is absolutely useless to
users who do their business work with it.

best, Klaus

PS.: please don´t mix 3D and interactive panoramas. They´re basically different.
Last edited by klausesser on Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

Destiny

by Destiny » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:56 am

Hi.. I am sure that V2 will have heaps of sound choices, but many viewers do not not like to hear sound. My own web site had sound but the only criticism was opening my web site and hearing music..

You can use the krpano to get your animated hotspot or make your own.. Easy.. The animation does not work as per an animated gif but rather as a column which you can make what ever you want..

As for an aquarium, thats easy to do already....

It was my understanding that you could add as many lens flares as you wanted too.. You can copy the code and rename and resize and add the xy you want...

All what you request is already available.. The true power of ptp is in the ability to change or add the xml/html and javascript..

The pano output from ptp is not a gaming pano.. You can very easily create a pano for gaming using Max or Maya with the option of adding placement of location within the pano since there is no nadir point to speak of..

A feature of this 3D pano I would love to see in ptp would be the ability for random placement of the viewing point by clicking on any point on the floor, but since the pano has be built around a central nadir point I do not think it would be possible... http://gallery.3dcity.de/frontend/

You cannot put a ptp pano in the same ball park as a gaming pano.. The processes to achieve a 360 pano are all very different...

The Thai/Australian girl called Destiny who is HOT too.. :lol::lol::lol::cool:

legendofpersia wrote:Greetings Panotourers!

Last edited by Destiny on Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Return to Panotour Future