Was Panotour 2.0 announced?  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
no avatar
foster154

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Was Panotour 2.0 announced?

by foster154 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:35 pm

Autopano I see has been announced.

However, I have not seen anything about Panotour. It was on the schedule.

Does anyone know anything about this?

no avatar
Kyrill

Info

by Kyrill » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:20 am

BUMP BUMP BUMP

I was wondering about the same thing!

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:48 am

I am soooo looking forward to the new ptp.... but I think we might have a bit more of a wait.. I already have my name down for the first copy ;)

Destiny....

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:47 am

We presented what will be Panotour v2 during nyc2012 conference, but nothing has been launched. Panotour v2 full presentation is planned for Photokina in September.
Note : we'll soon put our full presentation in slideshare so you can learn about Panotour v2.

firefire

Info

by firefire » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:22 pm

Please please don't make the upgrade to v2 too painful to the pocket!

Neil.

no avatar
HansKeesom

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by HansKeesom » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:34 pm

O of course I don't want to spend too much either but I moslty hope it can put programms like flashificator go sit in the corner and cry :-)
And all that in html5.0 and all that totally iPad and Android tablet compatible without extra work.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

no avatar
foster154

Topic author
Info

by foster154 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:58 pm

AlexandreJ: When will you post to slideshare? I check often but have not seen the slideshare yet.

Also, with the full presentation scheduled for September, would we be correct to assume that it wont be released to us until then or even later like Oct, Nov or Dec?

THank your for any information you can share.

bdd
Kolor Team

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by bdd » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:13 pm

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:09 pm

bdd wrote:Hello,

The slideshare of Alexandre's presentation is available here :
http://www.slideshare.net/kolor_company/alexandre-jenny-presents-autopano-30-panotour-20-and-livepano-at-nyc2012-conference

Gérald

WOW!!!! Absolutely great stuff - can´t wait to work with!

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

Virtuel Rundtur

Liked in: 1 post
Info

by Virtuel Rundtur » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:47 pm

Ohhhh. Im looking so much forward to this release, or just the Alpha version.

I also hope it will bring back Google Maps and a lot of other new features we miss: Multiple maps, deeplinking, auto next pano, panorama list designs, etc. etc.

If you need a "pre-alpha tester" i am so ready ;)

Cheers

Henrik
-----o o-----
Virtuel Rundtur

http://www.rundtur.dk

no avatar
HansKeesom

Info

by HansKeesom » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:37 pm

In the presentation I miss any news about steps forward regarding iPad and Android compatibility. Android seems to be missing totally. I am worries about this. Will the integrated video work on tablets?
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

UK Pano

Info

by UK Pano » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:27 am

Wow! Now that is exciting stuff for PTPv2 :) LivePano looks amazing
Canon 400D / Canon 24-105mm L / Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE / Sigma 10-20mm / Sigma 70-300mm / NN3 & R1 / PS CS2 / LR3 / Enfuse

MikeMcFarlane

Info

by MikeMcFarlane » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:50 am

Yep, looks totally amazing, good work Kolor. I can't wait for the video functionality.
Bio: Generation fluxer - farmer, mechatronics engineer, project manager, climbing shop manager, landscape photographer, programmer, virtual panographer, cyclist, life lover.
Twitter: MikeJMcFarlane
email: moo@moosooboo.com
www: www.moosooboo.com

no avatar
burake

Info

by burake » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:45 pm

Months passed since the last post here...Any news about PTP 2.0 ????

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:04 am

no avatar
akphoto

Info

by akphoto » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:17 am

You have confirmed my assumptions. I did not expect the appearance of PTP 2.2 until June-August
Last edited by akphoto on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
leifs

Info

by leifs » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:10 pm

and then there will be alpha1, alpha2, beta1, beta2, beta3, RC1 and RC2.
don't hold your breath !

leifs
Olympus OM-D E-M1, Leica 25mm f1.4, fisheye, zooms, primes
Seitz VRdrive2
2x Intel Xeon E5-2660, 128GB RAM, Win7 64bit, SSD RAIDs

no avatar
HansKeesom

Info

by HansKeesom » Thu May 02, 2013 8:11 pm

2 more months and we will be waiting for a year........ I am [s]getting[/s] very worried
Last edited by HansKeesom on Thu May 02, 2013 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Hans Keesom

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 228 posts
Info

by Destiny » Thu May 02, 2013 9:45 pm

... what a silly statement....!!

Destiny....

Octavias

Info

by Octavias » Thu May 02, 2013 11:06 pm

Silly indeed!
"The whole point of taking pictures is so that you don’t have to explain things with words."
http://www.acmbphotography.com/ - website
https://www.facebook.com/ACMBPhotography - facebook
https://www.facebook.com/MaxBolotovPhotography

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Fri May 03, 2013 9:27 am

I understand everybody frustration about the release of Panotour v2. Making good software takes time and this is again the case with Panotour v2.

During the first 2 years of development of this product, we were collecting all the demands done by our customers through the forum and through email ( did you know we have a customer support through email ? Not many business in our field provide that ).
After adding more feature, more tools to panotour until version 1.8, we were quite happy but also a bit worried with all additions. It was not really coherent, the editor was great but can lost some people as not clear enough. It is about ergonomic, user experience, but also about technology behind the scene. So, we said stop. Let's sum up where we are and where we want to be for 2.0.
The conclusion was to build up from scratch a new engine with a solid base so we can provide you the tool that you were claiming for all these years with all the features, demands, etc.
(After reading back this paragraph, it seems that a note is needed: I never said everything will be in Panotour 2 at launch, but Panotour 2 engine is powerful enough so you can add anything to it).

Our goal is to bring you the best virtual tool editor for next generation VR, with a great UI, easy to understand but also with advanced tools so you can build exactly what you want in the Tour.

We already did a lot of work and there are still some work left for sure. But already, panotour 2 is reaching the goal we had in mind, "easily creating the best tours without coding".
We opened a private beta for some chosen people that are already using Panotour v2 since one month now. It is a change of habit, you'll need some learning curve to use the new panotour, but the results, waouh. I does change the life of virtual tour creation for good.

I cannot wait to be at IVRPA where I will be able to disclose what's inside Panotour v2. If you look at IVRPA schedule, we have the only 1.5 hours presentation and that's dedicated to Panotour only. We have another presentation there, but one hour only, it is about 360° video, as this topic is quite hot also.

Take care. Alexandre

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Fri May 03, 2013 10:35 am

AlexandreJ wrote:I understand everybody frustration about the release of Panotour v2. Making good software takes time and this is again the case with Panotour v2.

During the first 2 years of development of this product, we were collecting all the demands done by our customers through the forum and through email ( did you know we have a customer support through email ? Not many business in our field provide that ).
After adding more feature, more tools to panotour until version 1.8, we were quite happy but also a bit worried with all additions. It was not really coherent, the editor was great but can lost some people as not clear enough. It is about ergonomic, user experience, but also about technology behind the scene. So, we said stop. Let's sum up where we are and where we want to be for 2.0.
The conclusion was to build up from scratch a new engine with a solid base so we can provide you the tool that you were claiming for all these years with all the features, demands, etc.
(After reading back this paragraph, it seems that a note is needed: I never said everything will be in Panotour 2 at launch, but Panotour 2 engine is powerful enough so you can add anything to it).

Our goal is to bring you the best virtual tool editor for next generation VR, with a great UI, easy to understand but also with advanced tools so you can build exactly what you want in the Tour.

We already did a lot of work and there are still some work left for sure. But already, panotour 2 is reaching the goal we had in mind, "easily creating the best tours without coding".
We opened a private beta for some chosen people that are already using Panotour v2 since one month now. It is a change of habit, you'll need some learning curve to use the new panotour, but the results, waouh. I does change the life of virtual tour creation for good.

I cannot wait to be at IVRPA where I will be able to disclose what's inside Panotour v2. If you look at IVRPA schedule, we have the only 1.5 hours presentation and that's dedicated to Panotour only. We have another presentation there, but one hour only, it is about 360° video, as this topic is quite hot also.

Take care. Alexandre

Hi Alexandre!

To be honest:
PTP 1.8 is a great tool! It´s straight to the point for what it´intended: to build a tour and to make a pano interactive.
Some things need to be done in the XML - so what?

Do we really need much more? In my eyes: no. Not much. Some.
We need the things it already can to work more consistent.

These days i see tours completely overfreighted with gimmicks and screens plastered with maps, signs and all that.
When i open a tour and first need to click away half a dozen of overlays . . i don´t look further.

And that´s what i hear from clients who visit such kind of tours: they´re not willing to click through a dozen of useless
"information" to get to the point of interest. People don´t have the time for playing around with fancy nonsense - they don´t need Radar or Google-Street in a pano and so on: they just want to get visually informed about the object - preferably in a straight way.

Conclusion: not everything that´s possible should be realized just to realize it. It needs to make sense. REAL sense.
And that´s already working in 1.8 with little effort.

So - and that´s just my strictly individual opinion of course - take your time to build a reliable and straight working application.
In the end we all will profit from stability and reliability more than from rolling out too early providing toys which nobody really needs who does serious work with the application.

:cool:

best to you, Klaus

no avatar
HansKeesom

Info

by HansKeesom » Fri May 03, 2013 8:10 pm

Destiny wrote:... what a silly statement....!!

Destiny....

Indeed. As customers are asking about android compatibility for almost a year and I tell them for almost it is coming. Very silly indeed.
Regards, Hans Keesom

no avatar
HansKeesom

Info

by HansKeesom » Fri May 03, 2013 8:14 pm

klausesser wrote:
AlexandreJ wrote:I understand everybody frustration about the release of Panotour v2. Making good software takes time and this is again the case with Panotour v2.

Take care. Alexandre

Hi Alexandre!

To be honest:
PTP 1.8 is a great tool! It´s straight to the point for what it´intended: to build a tour and to make a pano interactive.
Some things need to be done in the XML - so what?

Do we really need much more? In my eyes: no. Not much. Some.
We need the things it already can to work more consistent.

These days i see tours completely overfreighted with gimmicks and screens plastered with maps, signs and all that.
When i open a tour and first need to click away half a dozen of overlays . . i don´t look further.

And that´s what i hear from clients who visit such kind of tours: they´re not willing to click through a dozen of useless
"information" to get to the point of interest. People don´t have the time for playing around with fancy nonsense - they don´t need Radar or Google-Street in a pano and so on: they just want to get visually informed about the object - preferably in a straight way.

Conclusion: not everything that´s possible should be realized just to realize it. It needs to make sense. REAL sense.
And that´s already working in 1.8 with little effort.

So - and that´s just my strictly individual opinion of course - take your time to build a reliable and straight working application.
In the end we all will profit from stability and reliability more than from rolling out too early providing toys which nobody really needs who does serious work with the application.

:cool:

best to you, Klaus

I fully agree but I want this Android compatibility and I am waiting for 10 months now. Forget about all other bells and whistles, 1.8 + android is great for me. I just hope I can import existing projects that are now not Android compatible and generate them Android compatible with any further work. Really hope the old projects can be read into 2.0.....but again, I am worried ...
Last edited by HansKeesom on Fri May 03, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Hans Keesom

klausesser

Info

by klausesser » Fri May 03, 2013 8:36 pm

HansKeesom wrote:I fully agree but I want this Android compatibility and I am waiting for 10 months now.

Yes - i understand that! We at least should be able to combine already existent parts from KRPano with PTP 1.8!
Doesn´t that work? I didn´t try - all our clients use iPads for about 1,5 or 2 years in their business . . and i
didn´t see anybody of them switch to Androids.

But of course it´s better to be open to other devices also.

best, Klaus

Next