When will we se Panotour Pro ver. 2?  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
Virtuel Rundtur

When will we se Panotour Pro ver. 2?

by Virtuel Rundtur » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:11 pm

Hi Kolor

I must admit, i am beginning to get a bit tired of waiting.

We (your users) are in desperately needs for new features in Panotour Pro. Just take a look at this section of the forum.

Features like deeplinking to panos, better menu structure, google maps working again, customize xml files from ptp, without loosing everything each time you build your tour etc. etc.

The list is long, and so is the list of reasons to leave PTP behind and move forward to Easypano, Flashificator, Pano2Vr, iOSvr or others.

The problem is that PTP is quite simple and fast to use, even in large virtual tours. So I really dont want to leave.

So Kolor, is it possible to estimate a release date for vers. 2 of PTP and maybe even reveal som of the new features?

I cannot quite understand why you focus on developing neutralhazer plugin instead of developing your key software. Suddenly there will be a easy to use alternative around to PTP and APG, and when that happens your users will be long gone, tired of waiting for new features. I know that PTP are tired up with KRPano, but in KRPano lots of creative and skilled programmers are creating fantastic tours, containing many of our request. Imagine if PTP could produce a tour and especially a menu like this http://mscpodcast-http.weebo.it/podcast/virtualtourfantasia/dk_da/index.html or if it was possible to make a virtual tour like they do at http://regal360.com/ (FPP)

I have just received an order of a Virtual Tour containing 80 images, where some of the requested features would make things much more userfriendly for the viewers, but for now, i can only dream of such features, leaving my business behind others...

//Henrik Taaning
-----o o-----
Virtuel Rundtur
1st class Virtual Tours
http://www.rundtur.dk

Destiny

by Destiny » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:35 pm

Hi Henrik....

I will just step in here.. I have been chatting to Hans von Weissenfluh, the creator of that pano tour... He actually hand-coded that navigation using xml.. Ed Kuipers and me are working on recreating this navigation.. Well, mostly Ed since he is a coder by profession were as I just tinker with it all... Hans VRs quality are excellent.. He has given me heaps of tips. Would you believe, all these panos have been captured using a hand pano head.. Some with 9 bracketed shots using a 10.5 fisheye.. Beautiful work... and check out the mirrors.. especially with the side mirrors.. Hans is a perfectionist and worked to the pixel level...

and yes in many ways you're right.. Navigation like this would be a great feature for future releases of ptp.. I put the same link up a few weeks ago and suggested the same.... The main issue is, HTML5, in a nutshell.. I have already asked about the release of the next version but as I am aware, its not close but I would suggest you stick with ptp since I believe when the new version is finally released it will be second to none.. But, if its not awesome..... then you are right.. If the new version does not live up to expectations then other software may well offer a lot more.. On the whole, ptp is an excellent software application but I would be the first to say it lacks features.. A small utility to create themes would be great, and other cool navigation features... I feel at the moment feel ptp is great for what is there, but in truth, its very basic..... I have lots of ideas but I am not a programmer so I am do not know if most of what I would like to see is even possible. But just remember this.... The boys at kolor programmed this software from nothing.. I can not even imagine the lines of code that have been created... These are very cleaver people so give them time..... They know what we want... ;)

Destiny...
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Destiny

by Destiny » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:50 pm

.... The interactive navigation features on the second url is quite something... A bit slow in loading but thats some crazy stuff.... Makes it into a very engaging tour... Just goes to show what is possible... You can already do the fire, I have done it.. Not sure I like the VR images.. a bit over done making them look a bit 3D generated... Ha.. they might have been...

Destiny...
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:24 am

Virtuel Rundtur wrote:
So Kolor, is it possible to estimate a release date for vers. 2 of PTP and maybe even reveal som of the new features?

If you follow the nyc2012 conference schedule, you could catch that :
http://www.nyc2012.org/2012/05/alexandre-jenny-a-sneak-preview-of-autopano-3-0-and-panotour-2-0/

Best
Alexandre

Virtuel Rundtur

by Virtuel Rundtur » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:47 pm

@ Destiny

Yes the MSC Cruises tours are simply amazing. Both in picture quality and user interface. I cant imaging how much time he has spent in Photoshop making the bathroom pictures with two mirrors. And the whole tour including menus even work perfectly on iPad.

I agree on the Kolor programmers are clever and very skilled. And as i mentioned, i do not want to move on to new software. If I just had the same skills as Hans and others, i would make my own template designer tool and xml menu builder for PTP. I am sure there would be a marked for that...

@ Alexandre

I would give my left arm to be at NYC 2012.... But New York is a long way from Denmark, and with a filled calendar its impossible to be there this year. :-(

Do you know if there will be any video/livestream from the conference or just your presentation? And is the releasedate of PTP 2.0 month or years away?

//Henrik
Last edited by Virtuel Rundtur on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----o o-----
Virtuel Rundtur
1st class Virtual Tours
http://www.rundtur.dk

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:55 pm

Virtuel Rundtur wrote:@ Destiny

Yes the MSC Cruises tours are simply amazing. Both in picture quality and user interface.

Just a pity that the interior design of the ship is so extraordinarily ugly and tasteless. :rolleyes:

Do people really pay to be subjected to this sort of crass ostentation?
Last edited by mediavets on Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

Destiny

by Destiny » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:01 pm

Hey.. well you would have thought there would be a market for buttons and themes.... After I sussed it all out I suggested I am here for anyone that needed me to make their themes.. but all I heard were crickets in the grass......... :rolleyes: There again... perhaps not.. since I am not as smart has Hans...

Oh Andrew.. Its supposed to be a holiday..... Don't you just love that spare.. oh joy to be there now.... :D:D but since I am now rich in assests (D800 14-24, and poor in money :( I will have to settle for the bath tube and a candle.... :rolleyes:

Destiny....

mediavets wrote:
Virtuel Rundtur wrote:@ Destiny

Yes the MSC Cruises tours are simply amazing. Both in picture quality and user interface.

Just a pity that the interior design of the ship is so extraordinarily ugly and tasteless. :rolleyes:

Do people really pay to be subjected to this sort of crass ostentation?
Last edited by Destiny on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:47 pm

Virtuel Rundtur wrote:I would give my left arm to be at NYC 2012.... But New York is a long way from Denmark, and with a filled calendar its impossible to be there this year. :-(
Do you know if there will be any video/livestream from the conference or just your presentation? And is the releasedate of PTP 2.0 month or years away?

Livestream, I don't think so. Recording, for sure ( but availability, I don't know ).
Nevertheless, we'll upload our presentation to slideshare soon after so that everyone can have it.

no avatar
Kyrill

by Kyrill » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:15 am

Your presentation is over, and the new Autopano is announced...
But what happened to the presentation of Panotour Pro 2.0?????

I was really looking forward to that! And I can't find anything about it anywhere.
Did you guys present it or what?

Kyrill

Return to Panotour Future