Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:37 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Custom XML file
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:02 pm 

Saw the thread on turning hotspots on and off. This requires custom work in the mai XML file, but not too much work. I think that this file is generated by APT, and may be re-written every time you change the pano. But even if its not, I think it would be more elegant to have a custom file that the main XML file includes (or calls) with all your custom changes, just as wordpress does.

this way, if you want to make a new pano, you just copy custom.xml over.

It would be even better to have a configuartion ability to add certain XML to the main.xml file on building the pano. That way, if you have a feature like turn hotspots on/off, you could include it on all your panos. Then when Kolor includes it as a standard feature, you can remove it from the custom XML once and you won't have to remember to remove it when you recompile any panos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:35 pm 

infact such option does exist on krpano side. It exist in krpano xml syntax by using:
include mycustome.xml
unfortunately such include until now does not work in the panotour template files...

the execution of the code is determinded by the order of reading the xml lines from top to bottom. so it depends where you include your customized code.
So in most cases it makes sense to include the xml at the bottom so it can override code executed above. but sometimes it makes sens to include it on top... so such an option in ptp where the code should be added may be useful too.

would be great to have such function...
Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Mon May 14, 2012 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.