Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:58 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:45 pm 
Offline
New member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:37 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Amsterdam
I just purchased Panotour Pro because I needed an intuitive solution for building a tour.

It works really nice up to a certain point.

Seeing that more and more clients are requesting mobile compatible panorama's and tours, I think it would be logical that there would be a mobile-aware version of the themes or control buttons. They should scale automatically depending on what kind of device is used to display them. Now the buttons are often (on a iPhone 4 for example) too small for fingertip navigation.

All this would be even more flexible if there was a Theme editor for us to create (and share) our own themes!

_________________
Henri Smeets, C360.NL
Nikon D300, 10.5mm, NN3, Phottix Remote, Agnos 6m carbon pole.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:25 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 14047
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
C360 wrote:
I just purchased Panotour Pro because I needed an intuitive solution for building a tour.

It works really nice up to a certain point.

Seeing that more and more clients are requesting mobile compatible panorama's and tours, I think it would be logical that there would be a mobile-aware version of the themes or control buttons. They should scale automatically depending on what kind of device is used to display them. Now the buttons are often (on a iPhone 4 for example) too small for fingertip navigation.

Welcome to the forum...

I see your point but if the current style of navigation bar buttons were large enough for finger navigation on an iPhone 4 would they not occupy too much display real estate and obscure the pano image underneath?

Perhaps what's required is a completely different alternative style of nav 'bar'/interface for iDevices with small screens?

krpano supports coding to deliver a different UI depending on the device used to view - but Panotour Pro doesn't yet offer any such feature.

Quote:
All this would be even more flexible if there was a Theme editor for us to create (and share) our own themes!

True.

What do you envisage a Theme Editor would look like? A theme is after all merely XML formatted plain text and graphics.

_________________
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.


Last edited by mediavets on Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:00 pm 
Offline
New member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:37 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Amsterdam
Thanks Andrew for the warm welcome !

mediavets wrote:
I see your point but if the current style of navigation bar buttons were large enough for finger navigation on an iPhone 4 would they not occupy too much display real estate and obscure the pano image underneath?
Perhaps what's required is a completely different alternative style of nav 'bar'/interface for iDevices with small screens?

Currently my index finger is wide enough to cover 5 icons and I do not have big hands/fingers, sure it is possible to press the right button if you are really careful and precise but that's not a particularly easy user experience. Surely with bigger buttons the image would be obscured relatively more compared to desktop view but hey, let's not forget that navigation is a key feature for panorama's otherwise we could just shoot movies. A show/hide or opacity change could also help.

Usually the width of a phone allows 5 or six buttons in portrait orientation without getting uncomfortable and it also requires some distance between the bottom bar that often contains interface elements as well. I do realize this does complicate things a bit, even between mobile devices there are a lot of aspect to keep in mind like screen size, ration, orientation pixel density etc.

mediavets wrote:
krpano supports coding to deliver a different UI depending on the device used to view - but Panotour Pro doesn't yet offer any such feature.

What do you envisage a Theme Editor would look like? A theme is after all merely XML formatted plain text and graphics.

I know you can do a lot with KRpano, if you want or know how to use XML. A graphical interface like Pano2VR uses would be a great start, perhaps even more intuitive, snap drag-and-drop, popups etc.

Another thing I'd like to see is (instead of the dropdown-menu with ever growing options) to be able to choose interface items with checkboxes and preferably even to be able to change their order;

Flash/Desktop buttons
[x] Navigation
[x] Zoom
[x] Fullscreen
[ ] Home ( <- hardly ever use that anyway )
[x] Info
[x] Sound
[ ] -- spacer --
etc.

b]Mobile buttons[/b]
[ ] Navigation
[x] Zoom
[x] Fullscreen
[ ] Home
[x] Info
[ ] Sound
[ ] -- spacer --
etc.

And then of course being able to share/sell themes with/to other users would be great! They may need to be bundled in some kind of (zip) format to keep all parts together.

_________________
Henri Smeets, C360.NL
Nikon D300, 10.5mm, NN3, Phottix Remote, Agnos 6m carbon pole.


Last edited by C360 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group