More Navigation Button control...  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
no avatar
T5BER

More Navigation Button control...

by T5BER » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:49 pm

I have used PTP for a while now and love it. The amount of control it gives you is amazing. The only thing I would love to see improved is the ease of customising buttons. I realise you can change the colour of a very limited selection within the software, but the ability to be able to build new buttons within PTP would be fantastic.

On the same subject, if anyone knows of a good tutorial for me to be able to build my own buttons, please get in touch

Thanks.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:59 pm

T5BER wrote:On the same subject, if anyone knows of a good tutorial for me to be able to build my own buttons, please get in touch

Thanks.

I am not aware of a tutorial.

But if you have a look in the themes folder/directory in the templates folder/directory then it's not too difficult to figure out the structure and components that comprise of any of the default sets of themes. The XML files (which you can view and edit with any text editor) contain internal comments that explain what's what.

So to create you own theme one approach would be to create a copy of an existing theme and modify it.

Last edited by mediavets on Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

ATXcloud

by ATXcloud » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:58 am

I too would like new buttons, more specifically, to navigate between Panos. Similar to web browser navigation (left:right Arrows, forward:back) instead of turning FOV inside a pano. I don't know how to build this nor what subject of computer science i need to know to address this. Please point me in the right direction to learn. Do I need to know how to code xml? Is this possible? Can someone with skills whip this out easily and be my hero?
Howdy from Deep in the Heart of Texas!

Return to Panotour Future