request ??  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
no avatar
rbackhaus

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

request ??

by rbackhaus » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:56 pm

we have fov setting,..can we have a vlookatmin, and max
is there a way to edit the default idevice hotspot somwhere in the files,...so that we can change it and also to chage its scale, currently it needs to be altscaled to atleast 2

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:26 pm

rbackhaus wrote:we have fov setting,..can we have a vlookatmin, and max
is there a way to edit the default idevice hotspot somwhere in the files,...so that we can change it and also to chage its scale, currently it needs to be altscaled to atleast 2

you can edit it in the xml code!

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
rbackhaus

Topic author
Info

by rbackhaus » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:26 am

Klaus true,...but then that means editing all spots and fovs,....and with the current scale for hotspots for the iphone, you can barely see it never mind click on it.
Rob

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:06 am

rbackhaus wrote:we have fov setting,..can we have a vlookatmin, and max

I think that's what the crop tool - in the Hotspot Editor panel - does. It allows you to sets limits for VFOV on 360x180 images and on both VFOV and HFOV on images with an FOV of less than 360x180.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:09 am

rbackhaus wrote:Klaus true,...but then that means editing all spots and fovs,....and with the current scale for hotspots for the iphone, you can barely see it never mind click on it.
Rob

Perhaps hotspots are just not suitable as a means of tour navigation on iDevices?

If the navigation buttons were large enough to use via touch they'd dominate the panos?

It may be more appropriate to use thumbnails for navigation for tours designed for display on iDevices?
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
rbackhaus

Topic author
Info

by rbackhaus » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:46 pm

media,
I disagree,...i dont find them obtrusive,(the blinking white and blacks)..I and i actually think there quite awesome and serve their purpose,...thumbs dont give a "tour",...a hotspot on a room door, or area does,... I actually find the thumbs obtrusive :D,...to each is own i guess,..just my 2cents,....do you have/use an iphone?

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:51 pm

rbackhaus wrote:mediavets,
....do you have/use an iphone?

No, but I am being forced it seems to pander to those that do.;).

I have never seen an iPhone other than in photos (phones don't really interest me, I'm too old to have developed a phone-centric lifestyle) and today I saw an iPad briefly for the first time..I have no Apple stuff other than the Safari browser for testing purposes and the wretched Quicktime.

Please explain to me why anyone would choose to view a virtual tour on a phone?
Last edited by mediavets on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:34 pm

mediavets wrote:Please explain to me why anyone would choose to view a virtual tour on a phone?

good question - but a device to present panos accidently is a big advantage when you are a real estate agent or a mediaproducer, as examples.
You don´t carry a laptop resp. MacBook around all day - but you have a mobile phone with you anyway. As a kind of "appetizer" for presenting content you can visit then on your desktop-machine it´s obviously a very fine device. I use it often - people get knowledge of what we do nd visit our site then.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
rbackhaus

Topic author
Info

by rbackhaus » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:48 am

media,
I not crazy about them either,...I dont have one mysely but use my sons broken ipod to preview what i do. It is cool however to view and resulution is great since the screens are so small. I hate the fact that we are kinda catering to apple with an increased work flow when we could spend our time learning more xml.... right Klaus???:D But klaus is right,..it is now possible for a realtor, or buyer of a home to drive by a house and possibly view a tour right from their phone. Not that this is the norm yet but it sems to be heading that way. I'm sure in the future these little devices and phones will only get more powerful as well.