Automaticly to next panorama  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
no avatar
HansKeesom

Automaticly to next panorama

by HansKeesom » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:12 pm

Hi,

For demo mode would be nice so that after rotating one panorama one round it jumps automaticly to the next panorama. That way you can show a whole building without user interaction. A bit like an automatic slideshow.

cheers,

Hans
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:17 pm

I've also asked for an automatic tour capability -either integrated with Panotout/Panotour pro or as separate program.

Here's an example of something like that designed for Flash VR panos created with Pano2VR.
http://ww2.360panotours.com/
Last edited by mediavets on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:19 pm

where?
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:32 pm

HansKeesom wrote:where?

Here:
http://ww2.360panotours.com/
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:43 pm

seems to run only with pano2vr swf movies. Have your had succes with panotour files?
Regards, Hans Keesom

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:10 pm

HansKeesom wrote:seems to run only with pano2vr swf movies. Have your had succes with panotour files?

No - as I mentioned this is designed to work only with Pano2VR SWF movies.

I just made reference to it as an example of what others had done for a different software system.

It wouldnt be too difficult to do something similar I think by handcoding XML for krpano?
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:20 pm

I guess it is do-able but I have not dived into it. Will need a few weeks off from regular work I guess :-)
Regards, Hans Keesom

no avatar
Nelg

by Nelg » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:09 am

I would like to echo a poster on another thread about automatic play of real estate tours. I have made tours for real estate and if it is not automatic then the agents don't use it.

no avatar
noxal

by noxal » Sat May 21, 2011 10:00 pm

Yes, this would be a killer feature.

Destiny

by Destiny » Sun May 22, 2011 7:00 am

Hi guys... I remember this being discussed before.. I would have thought it wasn't be that hard so do.... I can imagine it being VERY useful.... The only thing I have found, as with the link Andrew provided, you have to be able to TURN IT OFF... or it becomes annoying when in manual mode..... Perhaps that's the hard bit in the programming... but it already has the auto pan... I would have thought it could be in there somewhere, turn it on and off as a guided tour in auto mode on call.....

Destiny....
Last edited by Destiny on Sun May 22, 2011 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

no avatar
shane999

by shane999 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:18 am

I think this would be a great feature for Kolor developers to include into PTP, It will be a very useful feature to have as PTP in other ways is almost a perfect application for creating tours. :)

----------->>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<--------------

http://230virtual.com/
Last edited by shane999 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
---------->>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<----------

Canon 5D Mark II - Canon 50D - Canon 8-15mm - Canon 10-22mm

no avatar
kevshu

by kevshu » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:48 am

Just add some lookto commands in the xml.
A quick seach of the krpano.com website:
http://krpano.com/docu/actions/#lookto

And the forum post that started my searching:
http://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID=8359

I placed this at the top of the tour and it moves from hotspot to hotspot and loads the next pano when complete.
Code: Select all
<krpano onstart="setuptour();">
    <action name="setuptour">
      set(step,1);
      set(idletime,4);
      set(events.onidle, autotour() );
    </action>

<action name="autotour">
      oninterrupt(break);
      if(step == 1, looktohotspot(spot3,70,linear(5)); inc(step); );
      if(step == 2, looktohotspot(spot4,50,linear(5)); inc(step); );
      if(step == 3, looktohotspot(spot6,70,linear(5)); inc(step); );

if(step == 4, loadpano(vrt_obdh2.xml,null,KEEPBASE|NOPREVIEW,BLEND(2)); wait(2); inc(step); );

</action>

It would be nice it this could be built into PTP. But, it's fairly simple to add yourself. I'm going to update a Dream Home lottery tour with the auto lookto
Kevin Schumacher
Canon 5Dmk2, 15mm Fisheye, 24-70mm, 100mm Macro, 100-400mm, Nodal Ninja 3
Orion GoTo Mount, BT Ver2 Module, Papywizard on Fujitsu LifeBook U810

no avatar
the707

by the707 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:39 am

Ditto for this feature. There is a crappy pano tour program (the one made in China) that has had this feature for some time. They also have the ability to determine how much of the rotation is included, as well as where each pano starts and stops before jumping to next pano in the sequence. Would be great feature for the almighty PTP.

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:08 am

kevshu wrote:Just add some lookto commands in the xml.
A quick seach of the krpano.com website:
http://krpano.com/docu/actions/#lookto

And the forum post that started my searching:
http://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID=8359

I placed this at the top of the tour and it moves from hotspot to hotspot and loads the next pano when complete.
<krpano onstart="setuptour();">
    <action name="setuptour">
      set(step,1);
      set(idletime,4);
      set(events.onidle, autotour() );
    </action>

<action name="autotour">
      oninterrupt(break);
      if(step == 1, looktohotspot(spot3,70,linear(5)); inc(step); );
      if(step == 2, looktohotspot(spot4,50,linear(5)); inc(step); );
      if(step == 3, looktohotspot(spot6,70,linear(5)); inc(step); );

if(step == 4, loadpano(vrt_obdh2.xml,null,KEEPBASE|NOPREVIEW,BLEND(2)); wait(2); inc(step); );

</action>

It would be nice it this could be built into PTP. But, it's fairly simple to add yourself. I'm going to update a Dream Home lottery tour with the auto lookto

Hi Kevin,

this works for the first panorama by placing this code in the index.xml. What code can I place in index0.xml?
Regards, Hans Keesom

no avatar
kevshu

by kevshu » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:46 pm

I'm using the following for this tour: http://exposedbykevin.com/index.php/360viewer/oil-barons-dream-home.html
In the Main xml file at the top.
<krpano version="1.0.8.14" logkey="false" onstart="bombtimer(0)">
    <action name="mainloadpano">
        closepanoobjects();
        closeglobalobjects();
        ifnot(stopSequence === undefined,interruptAnimation(););
        loadpano(%1,NULL,NULL,BLEND(1));
    </action>
    <events onmousedown=" set(bt,0); "/>
    <events onkeydown=" set(bt,0); "/>
    <action name="bombtimer">
       set(bt,%1);
       add(bt,1);
       delayedcall(1, bombtimer(get(bt)));
       if(bt == 60, set(bt,0); nextscene();, );
    </action>
    <action name="nextscene">
       set(bt,0);
       loadpano(get(nextpano),NULL,NULL,BLEND(1));
    </action>

In the individual pano xml files I added the set(nextpano,xml file name) line to the onxmlcompleteaction, and manually enter the next pano name.

<action name="onxmlcompleteaction">
        set(nextpano,vrt_obdh1.xml);
        firstloadcompleteaction();
</action>

There's probably a better way to use a list/array of variables in the main xml and just move through the list.

If you want to use the lookat commands, you need them in the index0+.xml files and leave the index.xml untouched. I found the lookat commands a pain, so I use a timer and auto rotation.
I hope that helps.
Last edited by kevshu on Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin Schumacher
Canon 5Dmk2, 15mm Fisheye, 24-70mm, 100mm Macro, 100-400mm, Nodal Ninja 3
Orion GoTo Mount, BT Ver2 Module, Papywizard on Fujitsu LifeBook U810

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:34 am

I'm currently working on a theme template.

and some of the features will be:

soundvolume bar with + - buttons and mouseover slider...
sound can be set to be enabled or disabled by default tour start...
if sound is on you can minimize soundvolume bar
enabling sound does also show interprete etc. above the volume bar. (can be disabled/enabled via xml file variable setting true/false)

main menu can be minimized via button. the minimized menu will fade out in alpha value (clicking on minimized menu will fade in the main menu again)

a debug mode via variable can be enabled. this will move the menu and all other elements above the krpano own debug/log window so its not overlapping
major actions used in the xml file do show their values in the log/debugwindow, all of course in a ascii layouted design...

helpscreens multilinugal (french, german, english and austrian - the austrian can be taken as placeholder for other lanugages)
helpscreens can be scaled differently if user is in fullscreen mode. buttons as overlay placed over the helpscreens are correctly placed.
the scaling factor can be configured via xml configuration value.
help screen language can be set via panotour GUI as usual and according language will be used as default helpscreen...

theme color can be set via PTP and this color is set to main menu, volume bar, helpscreens and intro replay button)
this replay button is dynamically placed above the helpscreen if intro feature is enabled.

2 intros can be configured and individually enabled via xml central configuration block.
if intro feature is enabled the main menu can be enabled automatically with delay so the intro is not disturbed...

... and currently I'm working on a slideshow element.
its currently working if I use hard coded paths for the single pano files. I want to achiev that this is dynamically evaluated so no manual configuration is needed.
the slideshow has 2 variables that can be cofigured: the loop number and the pause time between the change between the panos.
if the last loop of slideshow has been displayed the first pano with normal menu is coming back on screen.

ah - yes. it has a default menubar and this is build of 5 individual elements, which of course can be enabled/disabled/combined as desired.
additionally 2 individually circle elements can be used instead of the above default elements. so place for combinations...

and because all in done with xml file configuration all features (except one minor exception) are compatible on html5 only devices like ipad.
(not working is the feature of the intro. of course if feature is enabled its working on flash devices and at same time visited on ipads the delay caused by the optional delayed enabling of the mainmenu for the intro feature will be prohibited on ipads)

I will create one theme with several templates that can be choosen from inside panotour. these templates have all the same code inside
they only differ in different default values set. So finally you can change the tour which in published and available online without rebuilding the tour in panotour.

the code is currently more than 2500 lines... so many stilll to debug. I assume end of january to be ready for public...
... I plan a video to post during christmas holidays...

... now the backdraw ;-) it will be a commercial product - some sort of donationware... free for testing - and if used for private projects 10€ and if used for commercial projects than 20€. its a one time fee and allows than multiple usages...

ps: feature requests are welcome ;-)

screenshots: first with alternatively combined main menu, help screen ("?" button) enabled and with enabled music
second screenshot shown minimized main menu

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:55 pm

Hi George,
You are my hero. I will be one of your first customers. 20 euro is nothing if it so versatile.

Will it be iDevice-compatible? Will it handle Andriod tablets?

Willng to test also and give feedback!!!
Regards, Hans Keesom

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:50 pm

HansKeesom wrote:Hi George,
You are my hero. I will be one of your first customers. 20 euro is nothing if it so versatile.

Hi Hans,

I just can test it currently with the Safari set to developer->user agents-ipad
and here its working. Two limitations based on krpano limitations:
the intros are not supported here and the mouseover state of the buttons are not supported by krpano.
if intro is enabled and tour is visited with flash devices, the intro is played and at same time without config change visited with ipads
the intro is ignored and all dependant features like delayed menu enabling are not shown on ipads.

on androids all should ok aswell. My Sony ericsson (android 2.3.3) has adobe flash player onboard after one time installation, so it can display normal
flash tours generated by panotours...

if the size of the buttons of my theme are correctly sized for idevices or android tablets i would need feedback....

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:20 pm

gkaefer wrote:

Hi Hans,

the intros are not supported here and the mouseover state of the buttons are not supported by krpano.
if intro is enabled and tour is visited with flash devices, the intro is played and at same time without config change visited with ipads
the intro is ignored and all dependant features like delayed menu enabling are not shown on ipads.

on androids all should ok aswell. My Sony ericsson (android 2.3.3) has adobe flash player onboard after one time installation, so it can display normal

if the size of the buttons of my theme are correctly sized for idevices or android tablets i would need feedback....

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Hi Georg,

Send me a link and I will have it tested by someone with a real iPad.I have some other people that can test.
The two limitations are on the iPad only?
Really willing and ready to give you feedback.
Regards, Hans Keesom

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:06 pm

HansKeesom wrote:
gkaefer wrote:

Hi Hans,

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Hi Georg,

Send me a link and I will have it tested by someone with a real iPad.I have some other people that can test.
The two limitations are on the iPad only?
Really willing and ready to give you feedback.

ok will do it. But it will take some time...
during holidays I want to work on it (offline) before preparing an online demo....

about limits: yes its an html5 limitations, or better the features are not html5 ready made by krpano. And Klaus from krpano stated that the mouseover propably will never be available on idevices... no mouse = no mouseover...
finally have to test it on android tabs before I can say something about final working/notworking comparison....

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Destiny

by Destiny » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:13 am

Hi.. I have seen a couple of threads with this subject... here is another.. http://www.kolor.com/forum/p91108-2011-11-21-05-17-57#p91108

Sounds great to me... XML is the way to go if you want to keep it all in one place.. However if you want to create separate html pages for some reason then you can do this... Or you can do both.. have one tour go to a new tour when it gets to the end... Use the xml to go to the next pano within one tour and at the end it goes to a new tour and then back to the first one etc...

just a simple line of code in the head.. but xml is the better way to go if you want to keep it all in one place...

This is a test link.. you can see it goes to a new html page after a time laps..... you can change this to what you want....

http://members.westnet.com.au/DPS/TestPageGoTo/P1.html

Destiny...

HansKeesom wrote:Hi,

For demo mode would be nice so that after rotating one panorama one round it jumps automaticly to the next panorama. That way you can show a whole building without user interaction. A bit like an automatic slideshow.

cheers,

Hans
Last edited by Destiny on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:29 pm

sorry i didn´t read all of it - but i´m very interested!
I had something like that done last year - but it had to be made wit pano2vr . . . . and this i don´t like at all.
Arturo kindly made it for me:

http://360impressions.de/Eller/EllerAuto.html

Would be wonderful to have it when the tour can be built with PTP.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

Destiny

by Destiny » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:44 pm

But it can be done using PTP Klaus... You can add the xml code for each tour... and change the speed of the auto scroll and speed in which each pano goes to the next and then use HTML to link to another new tour and back and forth.. To be honest, I did not like the way each pano of yours went from pano to black to pano.. I realise it was a quick flick of black but a nice transition would have been better.... and they should have stayed up for the entire rotation.. you can do that with xml code..and it will transition much better too... just increase the time.. and you can also do it with html.. like this below....

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5; url=http://members.westnet.com.au/DPS/TestPageGoTo/P3.html">

Just increase the "5... to what ever you want... and then change the url to the tour...

All you need to do is keep a copy of the xml code and html code and then when you need them copy and past them in....:cool:

This would be the simplest way.. you can do it using java script too... but thats another story.. and not worth stuffing about with since this is quick and works...

BTW.. nice pano... wish I had a location like that to take a pano... very hard to find a nice location... I will go all out when I buy my VR Drive.. SInce it will be quick to caputer the images I should be able to sneek into places I am not supposed to go.. ;)

Destiny...

klausesser wrote:sorry i didn´t read all of it - but i´m very interested!
I had something like that done last year - but it had to be made wit pano2vr . . . . and this i don´t like at all.
Arturo kindly made it for me:

http://360impressions.de/Eller/EllerAuto.html

Would be wonderful to have it when the tour can be built with PTP.

best, Klaus
Last edited by Destiny on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:24 am

Destiny wrote:But it can be done using PTP Klaus... You can add the xml code for each tour... and change the speed of the auto scroll and speed in which each pano goes to the next and then use HTML to link to another new tour and back and forth.. To be honest, I did not like the way each pano of yours went from pano to black to pano.. I realise it was a quick flick of black but a nice transition would have been better.... and they should have stayed up for the entire rotation.. you can do that with xml code..and it will transition much better too... just increase the time.. and you can also do it with html.. like this below....

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5; url=http://members.westnet.com.au/DPS/TestPageGoTo/P3.html">

Just increase the "5... to what ever you want... and then change the url to the tour...

All you need to do is keep a copy of the xml code and html code and then when you need them copy and past them in....:cool:

Hi Destiny!

That´s great! I didn´t know that. Will check the function and how to use.

Thanks a lot!

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

Destiny

by Destiny » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:58 am

.... and that is why I experiment so much with ptp... The opportunity to edit the xml code is the true power of ptp.... Most software embeds it so it is impossible to expand past the default settings... There was merit to my madness... even though some of the content was... eemm... not so good.. it was the process which was the objective... I have learnt that ptp will accept most mediums including swf... no good for iDevices but can't win them all... That is not the fault of ptp... ...ptp is an amazing software application... It can do far more than most people realise...

When you change the top part of the xml code in the main file, be sure to remove what is already there......... otherwise if you repeat the <action name="mainloadpano"> code it will show an error... With the html, it will be a matter of timing to the last pano.. If you do use the next Tour option in the html, you are not required to add this code in the last xml file ... Just be aware, the html will load to _self so if you were to backtrack the browser, it will be quicker to close the file and reopen it... The first round trip will load all files, so it might be a bit slow, but after its loaded them all it will self-run.. you would need to turn off screen saver...

<action name="onxmlcompleteaction">
set(nextpano,yourfilename.xml);
firstloadcompleteaction();
</action>

Destiny....
Last edited by Destiny on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Return to Panotour Future