button of on/of of sound in the panoramic ones  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
no avatar
f7

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

button of on/of of sound in the panoramic ones

by f7 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:44 pm

The incursion in the graphical interface of the option to add a button would be interesting to stop the general sound of the panoramic one. There are people who visit Internet listening their own music and is annoying, however others is to him pleasant. greetings

PD:I have looked for another better translator, I hope that now a little is understood to me better, if he is not thus decidmelo please, thanks

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:22 am

f7 wrote:The incursion in the graphical interface of the option to add a button would be interesting to stop the general sound of the panoramic one.

I agree.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
marco.lanciani

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by marco.lanciani » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:53 pm

I do agree!

no avatar
Nelg

Info

by Nelg » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:39 pm

On off control for the sound on the final product and a means to control volume of input sound when building the tour. Quiet background music is what most people request for tours.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:10 pm

Nelg wrote:On off control for the sound on the final product and a means to control volume of input sound when building the tour. Quiet background music is what most people request for tours.

Welcome to the forum...

I like your ideas.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:50 pm

f7 wrote:The incursion in the graphical interface of the option to add a button would be interesting to stop the general sound of the panoramic one. There are people who visit Internet listening their own music and is annoying, however others is to him pleasant. greetings

PD:I have looked for another better translator, I hope that now a little is understood to me better, if he is not thus decidmelo please, thanks

On the KRPano/site forum you´ll find help and examples: http://www.krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?l=1 There is an English speaking form also.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

MikeMcFarlane

Info

by MikeMcFarlane » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:14 am

f7 wrote:The incursion in the graphical interface of the option to add a button would be interesting to stop the general sound of the panoramic one. There are people who visit Internet listening their own music and is annoying, however others is to him pleasant. greetings

Hi

In the meantime, if you want to add such a button:

Please note the following is to setup directional 3D sound using two sounds, whose id's are s1 and s2. If you want a single sound only then check out the link Klaus kindly provided. The tag would be playsound rather than the playsound3D I have used.

The main command we are introducing to toggle the sound on/off is pausesoundtoggle(id).

1. Go to Templates>Menu and open the XML you are using (in PTP) e.g. navigation-rotation-help

2. Paste the following code in, below the other button code:
Code: Select all
<!-- plugin to toggle sounds on and off -->
    <!-- Don't forget to add in playsounds tag into each pano xml. -->
    <!-- Assumes that all panos will have sound ID of s1 and s2. -->
    <plugin name="SoundOFF"
            url="$(STYLEDIR)/btn_SoundOFF.png"
            width="40"
            height="prop"
            customColor="true"
            blendmode="normal"
            keep="true"
            align="bottom"
            x="220"
            y="$(MARGIN)"
            onclick="set(visible,false); set(plugin[SoundON].visible,true); pausesoundtoggle(s1); pausesoundtoggle(s2);"
            onhover="showtext(Turn sounds off.);"
            crop="0|0|65|65"
            onovercrop="0|65|65|65"
            visible="true"
            devices="desktop"
    />   

<plugin name="SoundON"
            url="$(STYLEDIR)/btn_SoundON.png"
            width="40"
            height="prop"
            customColor="true"
            blendmode="normal"
            keep="true"
            align="bottom"
            x="220"
            y="$(MARGIN)"
            onclick="set(visible,false); set(plugin[SoundOff].visible,true); pausesoundtoggle(s1); pausesoundtoggle(s2);"
            onhover="showtext(Turn sounds on.);"
            crop="0|0|65|65"
            onovercrop="0|65|65|65"
            onover=""
            onout=""
            visible="false"
            devices="desktop"
    />

You will need to set the x= value to the right position where you want the button.

3. Goto Templates>Themes>graphics and into the style you are modifying. Modify an existing button png or create a new one to create files called btn_SoundOff.png and btn_SoundOnn.png. Save them.

4. Build your project in PTP.

5. Go to the project dir and open the xml file for the pano, not the main xml file.

6. Replace the line at the start beginning:
<events onloadcomplete=blah blah

With:
    <events onloadcomplete="playsound3D(s1,saltburn_1data/sounds/rain.mp3,-100,10,270,1,0,0,); playsound3D(s2,saltburn_1data/sounds/thunder.mp3,80,40,180,1,0,0,);"/>

You will need to understand the values for playsound3D to tweak it for your pano. Again, follow Klaus's link. Save and close.

7. In the project dir copy your sounds into the sound directory. In the above example the mp3 files are called rain and thunder, but you can use your own files. Don't forget to tweak the code above to match the file names. And filenames are case sensitive.

I think you are then good to go. I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Mike
Last edited by MikeMcFarlane on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bio: Generation fluxer - farmer, mechatronics engineer, project manager, climbing shop manager, landscape photographer, programmer, virtual panographer, cyclist, life lover.
Twitter: MikeJMcFarlane
email: moo@moosooboo.com
www: www.moosooboo.com

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:26 am

MikeMcFarlane wrote:I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Mike

Not as much as would the ability to specify a sound on/off button as part of the nav bar via themes from within the PTP GUI!

It's a pretty basic requirement and I feel that Kolor should have provided this functionality from the outset.

I hope they will add it soon.

Of course there remains the issue that krpano/PTP doesn't yet offer support for audio or video on iDevices when making mobile compatible tours.

krpano has the capability of offering different functionality depending on playback device. As far as I know PTP currently makes little or no use of this capability. Perhaps futire versions will do so?
Last edited by mediavets on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

MikeMcFarlane

Info

by MikeMcFarlane » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:41 am

mediavets wrote:
MikeMcFarlane wrote:I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Mike

Not as much as would the ability to specify a sound on/off button as part of the nav bar via themes from within PTP!

It's a pretty basic requirement and I think Kolor should have provide this functionality from the outset.

I hope they will add it soon.

Of course there remains the issue that krpano/PTP doesn't yet offer support for audio or video on iDevices when making mobile compatible tours.

krpano has the capability of offering different functionality depending on playback device. As far as I know PTP currently makes little or no use of this capability. Perhaps futire versions will do so?

Hi Mike
Yes, I really think they need to add it too, soon.
I'm still trying to get my head around sound on iDevices. On the (hidden?) page http://krpano.com/plugins/soundinterface/
It states some sound functionality is present, but only if the user triggers it first.
Hopefully Kolor will add in better sound/video support, and ensure that the code produced is also targeted correctly to multiple devices.
Mike
Bio: Generation fluxer - farmer, mechatronics engineer, project manager, climbing shop manager, landscape photographer, programmer, virtual panographer, cyclist, life lover.

no avatar
mediavets

Info

by mediavets » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:08 pm

MikeMcFarlane wrote:Hopefully Kolor will add in better sound/video support, and ensure that the code produced is also targeted correctly to multiple devices.
Mike

I have previously suggested an audio hotspot type.

This would allow the user to place directional sounds and select audio control parameters via the PTP Hotspot Editor GUI - what do you think?
Last edited by mediavets on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

MikeMcFarlane

Info

by MikeMcFarlane » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:20 am

mediavets wrote:
MikeMcFarlane wrote:Hopefully Kolor will add in better sound/video support, and ensure that the code produced is also targeted correctly to multiple devices.
Mike

I have previously suggested an audio hotspot type.

This would allow the user to place directional sounds and select audio control parameters via the PTP Hotspot Editor GUI - what do you think?

Morning
Yes, to do it as a hotspot would be perfect as it is easy and controllable. The code is pretty straightforward so it would be relatively easy to add into PTP.
Would need to be able to have a hidden hotspot type so there was no icon showing.
Mike

no avatar
f7

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

by f7 » Tue May 03, 2011 11:23 pm

thanks to all
but I still think the sound track should be easy, a button from the main menu and you're without our cause complications.

Customers complain they have no music and when requested puts a button, and programming is difficult and entertaining.

For when KOLOR??

PD: English is translated with google, sorry inconsistencies
Greetings